Name a movie that made you cry.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Mian_zeeshan07, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Thembalethu

Thembalethu New Member

Recently PIXAR's Coco really got to me when that kid was singing the song. I tried to fight it back but what can I say I have a seriously soft spot for emotional animations. The kid was not pulling on guitar strings he was pulling at my heart strings . Remember meeeee! As for live action movies I hardly get moved. I don't know if that makes me weird, :rolleyes:hahah

2. bandista

bandista New Member

Cast Away is one the best movie I ever watch, try to watch the movie, and I am the guy don't want to cry for watching movie's but this kind of movie will make you cry promise,This movie is a moving exploration of what happens when everything we hold on to is taken away from us and you stack in the island on middle of the sea.

3. emirodriguez

emirodriguez New Member

I don't think that makes you weird at all! I'm kind of the same... Studio Ghibli movies always make me cry, and PIXAR sometimes as well, but live action don't pull so much at my heartstrings. Unless I'm watching Perks of being a wallflower, in which case I'll cry for days...

The movie that's the most heart wrenching of all to me, though, is five cententimeters per second. It feels like you're saying goodbye to your childhood all over again every time you watch it. Super recommended if you want to have a good cry.

4. ahmad95

ahmad95 New Member

Like stars on Earth, it is heart wrenching movie for me. It is a Bollywood one. The story really touches everyone's watching it, I dare you watch it. It is all about a dyslexic kid who initially thought by his family and peers to be an idiot one. But, a talented artist deep inside.

5. Chaze22

Chaze22 New Member

Well for me it's "The Notebook"

Yes, The Notebook is an emotional roller coaster of tear jerking, heart string tugging moments. I always get a little teary eyed when I see Allie read the timeworn love letters she never received from Noah and I'm always overcome with a bittersweet surge of emotions whenever I watch the epic make out in the rain scene.

Still, for all of the sweet Nicholas Sparks soundbites and the drooling over Ryan Gosling, that's not what packs the punch behind this timeless love story. You experienced deeper emotions when you see the aged Noah curl up with Allie on the hospital bed and drift off to eternal sleep together, hand in hand. That's the moment when The Notebook gets everyone in the feels. That's the moment when you fully appreciate the meaning of true, lifelong, lasting, unconditional love in its purest form. It's sweet that Noah sent a letter to Allie every day for 365 days. It's endearing that he built her a dream house and that he included a painting spot just for her. But what makes it true love is that he stayed by her side even when his acts of love could not be remembered, reading her the story of their love every single day.

Yes, it's the love story of Allie and Noah, but it's really Noah's story. And I loved James Garner for telling it so beautifully.

6. MikeeB

MikeeB New Member

A walk to remember... Its made me cry because the story you may feel it so much. The story get me twisted because the boy in the story is really bad boy and the girl is shy type and theres no more friends. And its interested to watch because you want to know how it goes.

7. Caguioa747

Caguioa747 New Member

Forest Gump. It gets me everytime in a few parts. When Jenny shows him little Forest and the adult Forest asks if he's mentally handicapped, I get a gut punch to the feels. Also when Forest is talking to the grave of Jenny telling her how she'd be so proud of little Forest gets me too.

8. tenwoe12

tenwoe12 New Member

Movie that made me cry=''me before you". It is a love story between a rich guy and a poor girl who was looking for job. That rich guy was physically disable after meeting with major accident. She was qualified to look after him and start sharing beautiful bound , they later discover lot of things about each other. She did all the possible ways to help him live his life but she was not able to convince him not to give up on his life. After his death, she got amount of money left by him so that she can life up to her dreams.

9. kynnlyster

kynnlyster New Member

for me its HACKSAW RIDGE. It opens with a taste of hell, a battleground that belongs more in a horror movie than in a combat picture. But it is also, true to its genre, a rousing celebration of the thrills of battle.
    Also the Movie is all about Faith, on how to the protagonist believed in his Faith...

10. mratertajr122

mratertajr122 New Member

Hachi: A Dog's Tale. It is about a dog who waited for his owner to comeback even if his owner passed away. It really breaks my heart and made my tears drop.

11. irandari28

irandari28 New Member

It's gotta be Ordinary People (1980), the one with Timothy Hutton in it.

The way that it handled grief and surviving trauma is just one of a kind. I've never been able to really articulate why this film hit me the way that it did when I first watched it. Even on my second time watching it, I still felt like this film was made for me and the weird thing is that I never really experienced the same trauma that the family in this film experienced. But the emotional impact was pretty intense. I guess it's the family dynamic, conflict and the way they were conveyed through each scene that was just palpable. I almost could feel like I was Conrad (the main protagonist), his anguish and struggle, that feeling of being trapped in something you can't really point out or that's visible. In short, I could relate quite deeply with him even though his trauma is different than mine.

12. johngreen6651

johngreen6651 New Member

The saddest movie i have watched is BOYS DON'T CRY is was so touching

13. Elmae1976

Elmae1976 New Member

The saddest movie I have watched is TItanic. It really broke my heart while watching jack died. They could have a life full of love and happiness but because of the tragic accident it ended their love story. In this story I realized that life is short and we must always let our loved one knows how much we love them.

14. elirose7890

elirose7890 Member

The saddest movie I have watched is Miracle in Cell #7. It is a heartwarming Korean film that is about a mentally-ill father and his loving daughter. We can learn lessons from this movie that will surely touch our hearts. You will be able to realize that we must treasure our loved ones all the time and love from our family can help us to endure rough situations.

15. jhoyce

jhoyce New Member

I have so many, but to name a few, "The Last song" is one of them it really makes me cry. It is a story that can touch one's heart, especially the father and daughter part. It makes you realize that life is so short, make time for forgiveness not for other people but for yourself. There is always a reason for everything, its just a matter of how we understand it and how we accept it.

16. vannag

vannag New Member

"Coco" that is the title of the movie that made me cry. It made me cry because of the story, you can feel every emotion the characters were showing. They were showing love, happiness, sadness and more. And that's the reason why it made me cry.

17. renzyow

renzyow New Member

actually its not a movie but an anime called ONE PIECE back when i was a kid after school i rush to go home cause theres a schedule back in the day i first cried to that anime when they burned going merry because in cant go to a journey anymore i cried when the characters cried because its to heart breaking and its really an emotional one

18. elirose7890

elirose7890 Member

The saddest movie I have watched is Miracle in Cell #7. It is a heartwarming Korean film that is about a mentally-ill father and his loving daughter. We can learn lessons from this movie that will surely touch our hearts. You will be able to realize that we must treasure our loved ones all the time and love from our family can help us to endure rough situations.

19. Audhie

Audhie New Member

Agree with this movie, the story is very emotional. I have a misperception about the title "Coco", usually in the movies the title is commonly taken from the main character but in this movie the name actually taken from Miguel's grandmother..ups spoiler:D

20. lyssabeth11

lyssabeth11 New Member

I've seen quite a lot of films in my 23 years, many of them managing to pull easily at any viewer's heartstrings. I've teared up on many of them, but recently I found myself curled up in the fetal position with mascara staining my cheeks black to this one in particular. Crushing my melting Snowcaps box in one hand, and my poor, unamused boyfriend's in the other, I was unable to maintain even the smallest sense of composure as the credits for A Star Is Born began rolling up the screen.
    Although not the original rendition, the story of two beautifully talented artists who find themselves struggling to keep their relationship alive amidst fame and addiction, is nonpareil to its predecessors. The portrayal of addiction and alcoholism made the story line relatable, as these days most of us aren’t strangers to addiction and the destruction it leaves in its path.
    A Star Is Born was heart-wrenching in its message. It left me leaving the theatre feeling the raw emotion that is the reality of addiction, depression and suicide. If you are looking for a reason to have a good cry, this movie won't leave you disappointed.

21. angeliacq

angeliacq New Member

There's a lot of hollywood movies I've watched, some made me cry. But I will never watch this Asian drama movie called 'Miracle in Cell No. 7.'. It made me sob, and I will sob again when I see it again.

22. Mimi25

Mimi25 New Member

Titanic movie made me cry. As it shows real love and sacrifice to save your loved one. What also makes me cry during the watching the movie is the scene where old people were just trying to sleep while the ship was sinking.

23. sb30163

sb30163 New Member

Pursuit of happiness : If you are in a situation where you lost your all the equipment for your own survival , your wife leaves you because of you can't full fill your family 's basic requirements. Then you think only about the failure . But this man was different (Chris Gardner). He didn't choose the life of excuses ,but he accept what happened and decided to work hard and make life better. Then he became billionaire by working in the field of investment.you know how powerful and dedicated actor will Smith is. He played the role of Chris Gardener perfectly. I was literally crying after watching this movie. Pursuit Happiness : If you are in a situation where you lost your all the equipment for your survival , your wife leaves you because of you can't full fill your family 's basic requirements. Then you think only about the failure . But this man was different (Chris Gardner). He didn't choose the life of excuses ,but he accept what happened and decided to work hard and make life better. Then he became billionaire by working in the field of investment.you know how powerful and dedicated actor will Smith is. He played the role of Chris Gardener perfectly. I was literally crying after watching this movie.

24. evfhardona

evfhardona New Member

...in places no one will fiiiiiind~

I am a grown man and I have no shame in admitting that A Walk to Remember got my crying like a newborn baby. I won't say that it's top-shelf in terms of cinematographic quality, but the movie had its charms. A few other tearjerkers that come to mind are Up (that opening montage of him and his wife! :cry:) and Click (the Sandler film that hits you in the gut during the final 20 minutes...)

25. MelanthaKrasos

MelanthaKrasos New Member

I had a fair share of movie marathon the whole of my life but if there is one movie that had created a lump in my throat while trying to stop myself from crying. I might have to sue Nicholas Spark for giving me a heartbreak.
    His “Message in the Bottle” nearly made me question love and religion. And that was not the end to all of it, later on he wrote “ The Notebook”. The book and the movie literally tear me up like an avalanche.

26. vk25

vk25 New Member

Since I was born, I can only remember crying when I watched Lord of The Rings... It sure is a great movie, but what made me cry is the message behind it. The movie shows true friendship between two friends who have went throught everything together, and it brings me to tears every time.

27. WallEPug

WallEPug New Member

The first 5 minutes of "Up' gets me every time. It's the full life story of the main character and his wife. She wanted to go to the waterfall but she couldn't do so in her entire life before her eventual death.

28. rickmervin

rickmervin New Member

The movie that makes me cry is CJ 7. CJ7 is a 2008 Hong Kong-Chinese comic science fiction film co-written, co-produced, starring, and directed by Stephen Chow. It was released on 31 January 2008 in Hong Kong. It was also released on 14 March 2008 in the United States. I cry in this part: In the end, it is shown that everything is back to normal. The fat boy is in love with Maggie who is in love with Dicky who is in love with another girl who is taken by the bully, Johnny. Ti is in love with Ms. Yuen but is "not funny enough" for her. Dicky wears the alien doll as a neck pendant all the time, expecting it to come back to life when he closes his eyes, count to three and opens. Until now I still watching this movie.

29. blindwitness90

blindwitness90 New Member

There are many movies that make us feel emotional, but one had a profound effect on me, it was "7 Pounds" a movie with Will Smith as the lead role. Simply breathtaking...if you haven't go watch it!

30. chickfillay

chickfillay New Member

The movie Pursuit of Happyness which starred by Will Smith was the best one that really broke my heart into pieces. It is all about a man who struggles to raise his child with no house, no money and no family to lean on except his son.It really broke me when they had a scene where they were hiding inside a bathroom on a subway just so they could get a sleep, he would cover his son's ears so he could sleep peaceful despite some people banging the door to let them out. Tears would run down his face yet he still manage to control it in order for his child to be comfortable. For me seeing that kind of paternal love in this world full of people who always leave their kids behind considering families that lacks father figure in their home, makes me change my mind. This movie opened my mind thoughts that parents would try their best to provide to their children no matter what the circumstances arrive.