Name ideas for my upcoming new Blog

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by bairesgirl, May 7, 2017.

1. bairesgirl

bairesgirl New Member

Hello everyone!!
    I am thinking of starting a brand new Blog ( Had one for a few years now but didn't put much effort into it) and I would like to write about several things such as parenting, nutrition, fitness, product reviews etc.
    I am not sure on what domain to use on my Blog, I would like something that represents me and what I will be writing about.
    If you want to know a little bit about me, I will be 34 years old in June, I am a new mom ( My baby is about to turn 2 months old), I had been married for almost 7 years, I am originally from Latin America but I live in the USA.
    I love writing about the topics mentioned above as well as healthy cooking, traveling, beauty and makeup in general.
    If you have any ideas on what I should name my Blog, please let me know!
    I hope I can come up with a name soon, I love writing and would love to do it on a regular basis :)
    Thanks for reading my post!

Leslie

Beverly likes this.
  2. Beverly

Beverly Administrator Staff Member

Hi Bairesgirl! Congratulations on your baby! :)

I am having the same struggle too, for coming up with a theme or topic for a blog of my own. I used to have several blogs including one for free movies online and another for home school moms (yes I'm one of those! :D )

I see all these great 'mommy' blogs online where they share a variety of information about their daily lives and think that I would like one like that too, just a catch all kind of blog. My main reason for not doing that kind of blog is that I'm worried a 'general' blog or something about just me and my family life would not be so popular. I know all us mommies have a lot of great information to share. So writing great content won't be the issue so much as finding the right audience.

As for your own blog, there are plenty of things you can write about which might be popular for you.

The new mom experience is covered in a lot of blogs, but there is still room for that in a new blog.

You mentioned being almost 34 years old and having a newborn. I realize that 34 is not considered 'older mom' but it could be one angle you might want to explore. The 30ish and up mom experience, which is (speaking from experience) drastically different than a 20 year old having the same baby.

Also, are you into anything different like vegan cooking or organic lifestyle? All natural products for your baby? The natural/vegan/organic mom blogs seem to be popular now as lots of new moms are concerned about polluting their babies and want just natural/organic type products - right there you have a great opportunity for product reviews.

Anything you really love talking about on a daily basis is a good theme for a blog as it will be easier to write about those things too. If you are not insanely passionate over a topic, best to avoid it as you will run dry on what to write about.

If you don't want to associate or link the mom aspect to your topic, then you could find a unique angle that represents you, such as Latin beauty tips, anything associated with your ethnic/heritage for cooking/travel (any topic related to your heritage, such as your own unique experience, written from first person point of view, not just how to articles). Anything like that should be popular as it would allow your readers to connect emotionally to you.

Best of luck with your blog, can't wait to hear your ideas about what you might be writing about.

3. roxanam84

roxanam84 Member

Congratulations on your baby! Since you are a mother, I think that you should start a parenting blog. You can write about your daily routine and about the struggles of a new mother. When it comes to children, there are so many things we need to learn and I think that you would have a big audience.

4. Undispjuted

Undispjuted New Member

Names are so hard to choose!