Need advice for a good drawing software for beginners

Discussion in 'Web Development, Programming & Graphics' started by yuelepsilon, Jun 3, 2019.

1. yuelepsilon

yuelepsilon New Member

To any Digital Art Hobbyist members. I need advice on a good drawing software as a beginning digital artist as a hobby. I've been using paintool SAI for the longest time I could remember due to very low memory usage which is good enough for me and easily enough to cater the basic needs to sketch or draw.

I've been thinking of using Adobe Illustrator or Clipstudio to replace. Will it be worth it in the long run or just stick with what I am familiar with?

2. mghica035

mghica035 New Member

Have you thought about giving Krita a try? It is totally and absolutely free, and infinitely more capable, modern, supported and complex than paintool SAI. It may not be as well known as the biggest names, but it is used by many professional artists and it doesn't fall short in capabilities. It also has a very engaged and passionate community available to help you learn both the use of the program, and to progress a lot as an artist using it. The name most commonly associated with it is that of David Revoy, who actively participates in the development of Krita, and also offers many free tutorials, resources and all kinds of things that can take you to a next level as an artist.
    I wouldn't drop Krita for anything in the world, quite honestly, and know of many people who feel the same way.

3. jeanmichael

jeanmichael New Member

I just started to study Adobe Illustrator it seems to be fun and new it has its challenges. My wife uses Illustrator for her children's books I use mine for logos and t-shirts. You should definitely give it a try.