Netflix or YouTube

Discussion in 'Internet' started by seyerelagsti, May 27, 2019.

?

Which do you prefer: Netflix or Youtube?

1. Netflix

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. YouTube

17 vote(s)
    65.4%
  1. seyerelagsti

seyerelagsti New Member

Since these two entertainment apps requires internet connection, which do you prefer? I like the both of them depending on what category of video / entertainment they release. For YouTube, anyone can post including TV series, documentary, vlogging and tutorials and it's also free for everyone. While Netflix is a bunch of unique series and movies that's more entertaining than the ones we watch at Television channels but Netflix has a subscription fee.

I love both of them. How about you? what are your thoughts, preference and opinions?

2. Kurty

Kurty New Member

Both are great. I think youtube is a great way for people to rapidly upload content that they like which i believe is a very good initiative to incite creativeness in each us. Whereas Netflix is a gem to discover how screenplays can be transformed into Art. For example, Peaky Blinders, Dark and recently The Rain which I believe are real masterpiece.

3. arunkm001

arunkm001 New Member

In my opinion, YouTube is the best and widely accepted video platform. As it is free the majority will prefer it. YouTube also has the facility to set up free channels on it and can earn revenue from it. It is another big advantage of YouTube.
    The main problem for using Netflix is the subscription fee. Nowadays everything got free and most people only choose free contents. Another problem when using Netflix is it has only some specified serials and movies in it but YouTube has everything in it.

4. meaton

meaton New Member

I personally choose Netflix due to it's vast variety of well made movies and TV shows. On the other hand, I tend to use Youtube more. It's convenient, I can multitask while watching, and there aren't any complex plots that need my undivided attention.

5. Delta37

Delta37 New Member

I have a Netflix subscription and I love to binge on a show from time to time, but I ended up voting for YouTube, because I use it every day. It could well be that I don't use it for more than 15 minutes on some days, but there's plenty of short videos to learn something from in that time. Ok, I admit it, I say "to learn something" and then I just end up watching funny clips. Either way, YouTube makes that possible, there's such a large variety of videos.

6. pintado2001

pintado2001 New Member

I like Netflix for movies and series. I like Youtube for real life content. Youtube connects me to real people and their interests. It's conversation in videos! :)

7. carbs16

carbs16 Member

If you want to watch series and movies go for Netflix because in YouTube you can rent for a movie when you want and if you like watching movies you cannot have membership in YouTube so go to Netflix which is cheaper if you want to watch movies.
    and If you want some interesting facts and some reviews and others try YouTube because it provide lot of good videos and experts in that field.

8. Sammij18

Sammij18 New Member

YouTube is great for informational videos, music, and entertainment videos. But Netflix is better for TV shows & movies. I like both, they offer different things and both good in different ways.

9. DiegoRCardoso

DiegoRCardoso New Member

I like Netflix for series and youtube for study something new.

10. devincci

devincci Member

I like YouTube than Netflix. YouTube can give you more videos you want for free but in Netflix you need to pay them to watch but they have 1 month subscription for free. I like both but if free I prefer YouTube than Netflix. I used also Netflix for more exciting movies and series.

11. carbs16

carbs16 Member

Netflix because it has a complete movie or series. It also has a subbed. It is much better than youtube. In youtube, it has a lot of videos but incomplete when it comes to series. In netflix, the block buster movies are available and has no commercial.

12. jeda30

jeda30 Member

I have been using netflix and youtube for almost a year, it's a super fun. I use netflix when i want to watch good movies or my favorite American TV shows. And I use youtube most of my time because I love watching reality videos and I am learning about blogging.

13. Kiyen96

Kiyen96 Member

Obviously youtube because its free while netflix is having expensive subscription pack. And in youtube anyone with an internet connection can upload and access most of the content available on the website, from beauty,health, vines,movies, original shows,informational and you get anything and everything on YouTube.

14. alyss225

alyss225 New Member

I like both for different reasons. Youtube feels like a much more personal experience whether watching different youtubers or falling down a rabbit hole of weird things. I get lost in the abyss that is youtube on a daily basis and I don;t regret it one bit. Netflix is nice because it has all the shows and movies that everyone is always talking about in a convenient place. I like being in the know so that when it comes up in conversation I can participate or if I see a meme I will understand. I also appreciate the ability of binge-watching something.

15. peterpaulo

peterpaulo New Member

Youtube is flawless, works great, I can even share my Chrome browser screen but when I use my Netflix app on my tablet ot phone or do it in a browser same for all devices and click the 'cast' icon I get the red screen on TV with a Netflix logo and an ever rotating "loading" circle. And that is it. So seems like it starts the process but nothing happens. So, I will go to youtube it is easy to access and watch very comfortablenthan netflix.

16. Rinkukrksth

Rinkukrksth Member

Netflix means watch TV video online and play.You tube is better tha a great to watch video and upload your photos.

17. Cvile

Cvile New Member

Definitely Youtube, its free and offers so much more than Netflix which offers on shows.
    On Youtube you can get educated, watch the news, get entertained... and so on.
    Netflix just cant match it.

18. Rudy2

Rudy2 New Member

I prefer Netflix when I want to watch a new show or rewatch a series. Netflix has several good and engaging shows that can keep me entertained for hours without it feeling like a lifetime. Youtube, on the other hand, is a fantastic platform that can introduce you to new things and other peoples' opinions and views. Youtube creates an environment where you can lose yourself for hours. With all that said I prefer Netflix over Youtube.

19. maxtorbz20

maxtorbz20 New Member

I prefer Youtube over Netflix because Youtube is for free. It doesn't have a subscription fee, that's why I love it.

20. zedph123

zedph123 New Member

i recommend youtube, because its all free, all the genre you want was there, unlike netflix. you need to subscribe first before you got access for anything.

21. Ayeth84

Ayeth84 New Member

Netflix for me, its has wide variety of shows, movie to choose from.

22. jheycianramos

jheycianramos New Member

I recommend Netflix when watching movies.It has a lot of options to choose from.Unlike youtube the video quality is low and sometimes cut.

23. Zyrylrago

Zyrylrago Member

I love youtube since it’s free. But I also like netflix for it’s good movies and series. But my vote is on youtube since it’s free and as of now, I love watching vlogs.

24. jhezz20

jhezz20 Member

Both netflix and youtube are a good platform. Netflix is better when it comes for movies but Youtube is a free streaming site..

25. Tnr2188

Tnr2188 New Member

It really depends on what I want to watch. If I just want to kick back & watch a movie or a TV show then definitely Netflix, but if I need to learn how to do something or I'm researching a specific topic then I would prefer YouTube.

26. EnceJoy

EnceJoy New Member

Both entertain us but Netflix makes me more settled especially when I want to relax. I get to relax for a longer time and won't be bothered what to watch next because of thousands of movies to choose from while on youtube we get to switch from one video to another because of video suggestions plus the ads are distractive.

27. raymond fernandez

raymond fernandez New Member

both entertain but i choose youtube because by using youtube you can search what do you want to know and what do you want to search like how to cook a basic foods or making a business and also to preview the news before and also you can share what did you know on your lifestyle but the netflix is only by watching movies so youtube is the best all the time

28. fernandez

fernandez New Member

youtube because here is the reason why id choose youtube please read:
    You know already that eLearning videoscan be a very powerful learning tool, as they add a dynamic element to your eLearning courses, improve knowledge transfer, demonstrate complex procedures, and help explain difficult topics. They can also be particularly entertaining and re-watched as many times as your learners wish. This is why the video-sharing website YouTube can provide unlimited opportunities to enhance your eLearning course by not only using the countless videos you can find there, but also creating your own to help your audience achieve their learning goals and objectives. The only thing you should pay attention to is ensuring that the videos you are using are aligned with your expected learning outcomes and are appropriate for your eLearning audience. In this article, I'll share 8 reasons why you should use YouTube in eLearning, so that you can make sure that including it in your eLearning course can truly enhance your audience’s eLearning experience.

1. It is really easy to integrate.
      Adding YouTube videos to your eLearning course is an easy task, due to the variety of authoring tools and learning management systems out there. You can use YouTube videos to introduce a topic, explain an online activity, motivate your learners, or simply extend the information conveyed by your eLearning course.
    2. It can be used to create an eLearning community.
      As you have probably seen for yourself, everyone has a voice in YouTube. Using it as a social learning platform offers you the opportunity to build a strong eLearning community where everyone can comment, contribute, and share their opinions and ideas.
    3. It generates and promotes online discussion.
      eLearning videos are particularly effective facilitators for analysis. After viewing a YouTube video, you can encourage online discussion by asking your learners to add their personal insights: What did they like about the video? Was there anything they didn’t understand? How did the eLearning video relate to their personal experiences and feelings? You can also ask them to share other YouTube video references to extend online discussions, as video enhanced eLearning courses increase interest and engagementlevels by presenting different perspectives.
    4. It is ideal for mobile learning.
      Uploading eLearning content to YouTube makes it available throughout the YouTube network, which means that your learners can access it and view it on the go via their smartphones and tablets, devices used in mobile learning. It doesn’t matter how small the screen is; you can use YouTube as a platform for not only searching online video resources, but also sharing presentations, and inviting your learners to take an active part through their commenting.
    5. It allows for microlearning.
      How about short, effective instructional videos on YouTube? Using videos for microlearning ensures that complex procedures and demonstrations of specific skills are delivered in small quantities, which enhances knowledge retention. Furthermore, because YouTube is available on all devices and allows your learners to watch longer eLearning videos in short segments, your audience can watch the videos whenever they like and take their own time to absorb the information being offered.
    6. It encourages the development of note-taking skills.
      Note-taking skills are important both for students and employees, as the ability to analyze information and focus on important points helps dealing with the information overload of the modern world. Using YouTube videos as part of your eLearning course encourages your audience to develop their note-taking skills by viewing, rewinding, and replaying the YouTube video material until they have fully grasped its essence and key points. You can even create online assignments based on this, for instance by asking your learners to describe in a few words what they have just seen on a video in a specific time frame.
    7. It enhances comprehension of complex concepts.
      Certain subjects can be difficult to explain; using YouTube as a virtual library to support your eLearning content by providing your learners with access to its videos allows you to better illustrate complex concepts, procedures, and ideas. Videos are ideal for demonstrating steps and, especially in corporate training, walking your audience through a process via a video clip can be truly effective. Visual contexts help learners to easily acquire and retain knowledge, as well as develop specific skill sets, as demonstration is the most effective way to get a message across.
    8. It allows learners to make their own YouTube videos.
      Finally, asking your learners to be involved in a video production, as part of an online group assignment, will help them not only ensure that they can use the important information they have learned, but also develop and enhance their visual literacy and creativity. Consider providing them with clear guidelines to know exactly what is expected of them, as well as the necessary tools and resources. You can also use their YouTube videos to encourage feedback exchange among your learners, which promotes discussion and boosts knowledge retention.
    Now that you know why you should use YouTube in eLearning and make it part of your learning course, you may be interested in learning how to create your own high quality eLearning videos to post on YouTube. Read the article Producing High Quality eLearning Videos: The Ultimate Guide and learn all the tips and tricks you need to know from each stage of eLearning video production, in order to successfully deliver one of the most powerful communication media to your audience.

29. pdeinne

pdeinne New Member

Youtube is free. You can watch unlimited videos without paying anything. Except there are ads buy it is better than paying monthly for subscription. While it is true that netflix offers different movies and shows that youtube do not, for non earners, it is still a burden.

30. mibridina2001

mibridina2001 Member

I like YouTube best. Netflix is nice, but YouTube has more that movies, series, and documentaries. Also it's free. You can also watch some guides or tutorials, Vlogs, news, music videos, reaction videos, educational videos, and many more. A lot of people have said that, "YouTube is everyone's teacher."