Nvidia's new graphics cards. which one should you buy

Discussion in 'Computers' started by iyadayman, Feb 21, 2019.

1. iyadayman

iyadayman New Member

Nvidia's recent graphics cards offer a good 40% more horsepower to the previous generation of their graphics card. but which one suits your needs best ?. the answer isn't a straightforward one. part of the decision comes to whether you want the newest technology and are you willing to pay extra for it, it's a fair question since the difference in price between a GeForce GTX 1070 and the GeForce RTX 2060 is around $20-$50, whereas previously you should be looking at spending several hundred dollars extra for an RTX card. so, let me break it down.
    the GeForce GTX 1070 also has 1,920 stream processors/CUDA cores and 120 texture units, but 64 ROPs and 8GB of GDDR5 memory. Reference base and boost clocks are set at 1,506MHz and 1,683MHz, respectively. You'll notice there is no mention of Tensor cores. That's because they're not present in Pascal, only Turing (and Volta). Tensor cores are what give GeForce RTX cards their deep learning capabilities, which are used for DLSS. RT cores are obviously out as well. so the new graphics card are less expensive yet they offer the new ray tracing technology which makes a game look much better if it supports DLSS.

Attached Files:

2. Fartytester21

Fartytester21 Member

Sorry mate, I'm not sure if this will answer you poll or your question but I just lose faith in the graphics upgrades lol. The reality is that, those new graphics card in the market isn't in their full potential all the time. Leading companies in makes astonishing improvements in research and innovation but they limit their products to ensure more profit. They can just release a full featured card but they don't to entice hobbyist and make the card looks more powerful in their next release. You can have a RTX now but after a couple of months they will release RTX++ lol.