Personal Responsibility

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by kreizett, Feb 17, 2019.

1. kreizett

kreizett New Member

Hello everyone. I've recently been reading a lot of philosophy on the topic of blame and personal responsibility. Specifically when it comes to own own lives. See, I've come to the conclusion that, as a general rule, most of the situations we experience in life, both good and bad, are in fact our fault (even if it initially doesn't seem that way). This goes against the recent narrative that states that our life is controlled by external factors that are mainly outside of our control.

For example, let's say that you go out to the convenience store in order to buy some food, and get mugged on the way. Your initial reaction would probably be that it was the robber's fault (or the police's fault, or the government's or [insert another external entity]) that you got mugged, but not your own. However, while I would agree that the mugger is to blame, I believe that you were responsible for getting robbed. Why? Because you put yourself (knowingly or not) in a situation where you could get robbed, by choice. Nobody forced you to go to the convenience store. You getting mugged was the direct result of a decision you made by exerting your free will. So you are responsible for all of its consequences, even if you are not the one to blame.

Thoughts?

2. Jeahan08

Jeahan08 Member

For it’s provide my own family and my parental to have a good life. To my own family in the future to secure That I will be a best Mother . Give all the best that I can give. To protect environment from people who don’t have a discipline in their life.

3. romilda

romilda Member

Taking care of my family.

4. My personal responsibility are to finish my study, give back my parents sacrifices, provide them financial support, give them beautiful life that they deserve and most especially, loving and taking care of them even they get old.

5. romilda

romilda Member

To take good care of my family and make them happy all the time if possible.

6. quercitron

quercitron Member

As a young individual, I find ways to plan ahead of my present situation. I prioritize learning and involving myself in various field to develop a wider variety of skills i could use in the future. That is my major personal responsibility. Of course, I would also look after my family and friends' well being, supporting them in every way I can. As of now, I focus on doing things that would improve myself into a better individual and function good as a human.