Poetry Writing

Discussion in 'Fiction Writing' started by SpaceReal, Sep 1, 2018.

1. SpaceReal

SpaceReal New Member

It seems that not many people around here talk about poetry.

I'm a poetry writer, mostly, and I was curious to learn about other's opinion on poems.
    Sometimes I think poetry is not really considered a form of writing, but I actually find it to be on of the most expressive ways to communicate.

Music wouldn't be the same without poems, as that's the way a lot of great lyrics are made, and a poem really melds the way between speaking and singing.

So, are there any other poets around? What are your thoughts?
    Do you enjoy reading books but not poetry?

2. ewapc101

ewapc101 Member

If you want to become a better writer, the best thing you can do is practice writing every single day. Writing prompts are useful because we know sometimes it can be hard to think of what to write about!
    To help you brainstorm, we put together this list of 365 creative writing prompts to give you something to write about daily. Whether you write short stories, poems, or like to keep a journal – these will stretch your imagination and give you some ideas for topics to write about!

3. MrsSBeaumont

MrsSBeaumont New Member

I sometimes write poetry if I have a very specific feeling or thought that I need to write down quickly. Poetry feels like the easiest way to get those strong emotions out on to paper. I don't know if any of these poems are any good, but I like the challenge of writing them.

4. GeorgeSebastiaan

GeorgeSebastiaan New Member

I am striving to become a songwriter, but I'm probably more of a poet at this stage. When I think of a song idea, I write down the lyrics or I compose a piece on the guitar. I have only managed to do both of those things together a few times, so I have half a book of (finished- and unfinished-) poems, and half a brain full of instrumentals yearning for a voice over.

5. Joycee21

Joycee21 New Member

I really love writing poetry from the first time. I wrote my first poem when I was 14 years old. It was so sad poem that you could feel that someone's stabbing your heart just reading it. I wrote poems when I was deeply inlove for some guy that time and I was also a rebel to my parents. I felt like I have no one around me to comfort me. Even my parents, I didn't felt their love for me. I always think that their job was way more important than me, their child. I hated my mother who only did her work 24/7. And time came when my father died, I really felt happy that he passed away. Don't get me wrong, but I really hate my father until now. I had a horrible, darkest childhood because of him. And now I have my own family, I can't believe it, each time I think about my teenage and childhood life, it makes me laugh or just cry. Can you imagine that a 14 years old girl writing a poem about loneliness and being heartbroken. Now I still have my poetries. I read it everytime, I didn't even knew I could write such a sad poem!

6. nrnlss

nrnlss New Member

Poetry is a big part of my life, writing poems is my way of releasing my emotions. It helped me coped up with depression. When I was in my darkest days, poetry is my only strength, words became my bullets and pen became my gun. I have been writing poetry for 5 years. My highschool english teacher was the one who discovered that I have ways with words. He was also the one who encouraged me to write my emotions in a piece of paper. He thought me a lot things about poetry and how to write correctly. I am really thankful that he introduced me to poetry.

7. Nada

Nada New Member

I love poetry! I believe I started writing poetry around middle school as an outlet for all that teenage angst! What really made me continue writing poetry was when I read a poem aloud in class and a teacher complimented me. Before then I felt I wasn't good at anything but now poetry makes me feel complete. I think poetry is one of the most beautiful art forms.

8. John0520

John0520 Member

I love reading poetry. I write poetry when there are inspirations in my life or some new ideas pops up on my head. The first time i wrote a poem is when i imagine how the moon and sun be compared to long distance relationship. But now, i wrote poetry based on what i see about the world, how i feel and how i view the world in a new perspective. Although i dont have the likes of writing poetry on my younger days, my crush taught me how to write poetry and she inspired me to write the distances between us. For me, poetry is a paper and the ink i wrote is my inspiration as i inscibed everything i feel.

9. MOkada

MOkada New Member

Reading poetry is painful. My forehead creases as I read each line, unaware of the hidden meeting that doesn't meet the eyes, and I sigh. But writing is interesting, it races and flows just for you if you choose. It doesn't need to mean anything to me, just for you to please you. And maybe throw a dragon in for kicks or a burning village just to throw them off the trail of the meaning they want to know so well. They'll analyze to find a meaning that coincides. But if you're a great poet, they'll never think you randomized. It makes all the difference.