Power of Love

Discussion in 'Writing for Blogs' started by digsdigs, Apr 16, 2018.

1. digsdigs

digsdigs New Member

love is as critical for your mind and body as oxygen. It's not negotiable. The more connected you are, the healthier you will be both physically and emotionally. The less connected you are, the more you are at risk.

It is also true that the less love you have, the more depression you are likely to experience in your life. Love is probably the best antidepressant there is because one of the most common sources of depression is feeling unloved. Most depressed people don't love themselves and they do not feel loved by others. They also are very self-focused, making them less attractive to others and depriving them of opportunities to learn the skills of love.

There is a mythology in our culture that love just happens. As a result, the depressed often sit around passively waiting for someone to love them. But love doesn't work that way. To get love and keep love you have to go out and be active and learn a variety of specific skills.

Most of us get our ideas of love from popular culture. We come to believe that love is something that sweeps us off our feet. But the pop-culture ideal of love consists of unrealistic images created for entertainment, which is one reason so many of us are set up to be depressed. It's part of our national vulnerability, like eating junk food, constantly stimulated by images of instant gratification. We think it is love when it's simply distraction and infatuation.

One consequence is that when we hit real love we become upset and disappointed because there are many things that do not fit the cultural ideal. Some of us get demanding and controlling, wanting someone else to do what we think our ideal of romance should be, without realizing our ideal is misplaced.

2. Melancholy

Melancholy New Member

Love can bring the best out of people, but it can also bring out the worst.

Sometimes love can make a better person, one who sees the joy in every day, someone who takes the time to make other people happy. Sometimes love can twist your perception of life, make you abuse, do terrible things because in your stupor simply because you think it's the best thing to do. It lets you be abused, to give in because your love, however misplaced, is too strong to break.

Love is what makes people continue on in the hardest times of their lives, to continue to shoulder their heavy burdens, knowing that their love makes it worth it. And when it goes, people shatter like glass, hearts splintering as they realise their love, their faith, was misfounded and one-sided.

Love can make you strong, but it can also make you weak. The 'true love' some people strive for happens to only a tiny percentage of our population. No love is perfect, without heartbreak, sorrows or problems, but that's what makes us human. Love isn't perfect, but it can be true. Love is accepting your good side and your bad side, and accepting others as well. Love is seeing someone at their worst, without forgetting their best. True love is knowing when to stay, knowing when someone is abusive, or when you yourself become abusive.

Love is full of bumps and potholes, but as long as you keep intouch with yourself and the world, you'll get there eventually.

3. Kim Jazryl Naranjo

Kim Jazryl Naranjo New Member

As stated in Corinthians 13:13, “Three things will last forever — faith, hope and love — and the greatest of these is love.” It feels so good to love and to be loved Love is innocent, love is so true. Love that binds everyone.

4. freda32

freda32 New Member

Love transcends all boundaries and space.

5. livity6900

livity6900 Member

According to the Bible, 1 Corinthians 13:4-5: “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs." The is the true definition of love

According to John 3:16. It says “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

According to 1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.

According to 1 John 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

According to 1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

Finally i can conclude by say that the whole 10 commandment in the Bible was based on Love because if you really have love you will not commit adultery, steal and kill. Love is the only solution to the world problem and has the power to transform all things.

6. Rechie

Rechie New Member

Love will give you a lot of happiness in life. It may not guarantee you as perfect in a fairytale but gives you beautiful feelings and experience.

7. ferlina

ferlina New Member

Some people described Love is the most powerful emotions.. Some described it as it is a craving for a specific person.. Others.. described it as extreme feeling of attachment of affection.. Maybe it may depends upon of how you deal with Love? Or how you give Love to others? Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..I felt love everyday..with my parents, friends and with my special someone..We need to know how to love, for us to be loved in return. Some people love is unconditional.. That's the best definition for me..it is really hard to achieve that kind of love because it needs with a lot of sacrifices and a lot of courage.If you are weak and impatient unconditional love is not for you..Being sensitive with your love one can help in nurturing love..Being sensitive of what they want and also from what they don't want them to feel..Often times, we are not sensitive.. that sometimes it turns out to be a problem. Little things are taken for granted without even knew that it will lead to big distractions.. it might have gone through a lot of pain but still find yourselves together..If it is real love, you will see your love grow and it will never stopped growing.

8. AbarquezSofia

AbarquezSofia Member

Love is the best. Love is the only reason why our lives have meaning. Love can make you a better person or a worst person but they said when you are worst then you're wrong with that person that's why we know if we are in the right person or wrong person.

9. jonniel123

jonniel123 Member

Your love is like a river that flows down to my bind. Your love is like the sun the lights of my whole world I feel the charm inside

10. jonniel123

jonniel123 Member

Your love is like a river that flows down to my bind. Your love is like the sun the lights of my whole world I feel the charm inside