Preventing Being Hacked

Discussion in 'Internet' started by springtech07, May 3, 2019.

1. springtech07

springtech07 New Member

How can one use the browser safely online?

Your browser is an important part of your computer’s security. Keep your browser and security systems (anti-virus software, firewalls, etc.) up-to-date.

Suggested good browsing habits:

*It is important you read the link you want to click on and don’t assume a link is safe just because you found it in a “safe” way.
    *Don’t install something just because a web page suggests you do that you need it
    *Do not save your login details when prompted to do so
    *Do not leave your on accounts without login out, cases of session hijack have been recorded in time past

2. gabzkie22

gabzkie22 New Member

These days it seems like everybody is getting hacked. There are hundreds of successful cyber-attacks a year and countless attempts. While you can’t fully protect yourself from hacking, you can help prevent it from happening. This post/comment will teach you how to increase the security of your accounts, mobile devices, computers, and networks.

These is a 4 ways to prevent being hacked
    1.Create complex passwords. Your passwords to access your accounts on apps or websites should consist of a combination of numbers, upper- and lower-case letters, and special characters that is difficult to guess.
    2.Use a password manager. Password managers store and auto-fill your credentials for different sites, allowing you to create a complex and unique password for each site without having to worry about entering the password itself more than once. While you should absolutely keep track of your passwords on your own as well, a password manager will help make your device much more secure.
    3. Don't give out your password. This is an obvious piece of advice, but one that bears revisiting: with the exception of some school services, you shouldn't ever have to provide a site administrator with your password for them to access your account
    4. Change your passwords often. In addition to keeping your password a secret, you should change the passwords on your various accounts and devices at least once every six months.

3. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip! Will try it out.

4. fadhilbshr

fadhilbshr New Member

A fact that not a lot of people realize when it comes to getting their accounts compromised is that, more often than not, their password is obtained from their activities offline rather than online. It is a common practice in many firms for employees to be assigned passwords, which are usually written on a piece of paper and pasted to their screens for easy access. This is just one of the many examples of how accounts are attacked due to the simple absentmindedness or carelessness of people. I think it would suffice to say that an easy way to prevent your account being hacked is to be more mindful of how you handle and store your credentials.

5. pjg1989

pjg1989 New Member

Most people do not see how secure their browser is when browsing or entering the confidential information. It is necessary to check the browsers settings.

Steps necessary to prevent being hacked:

1. Browsers like Chrome, Firefox allows the user to set a master password. It helps to encrypt the passwords used in the website. The encryption prevents the browser from malware, accessing the saved passwords.
    2. Whenever surfing the web, it is best to connect to a Virtual Private Network (VPN) before accessing the email or the other sites . There are many VPN services designed for network security, such as Cyber-Ghost, Hotspot Shield.
    3. Most people don't know about Sandbox. It helps to protect the Web browser. Mostly user can run a browser inside the Sandbox while doing Online Banking. Also any program could be run through the Sandbox if the user feels if it has Malware.

6. cozhart

cozhart New Member

I am not a professional in the field of IT yet (I'm still studying in college) but I can say that I have enough knowledge to know the basics of preventing any sort of hacking in different devices.

First of all, you have to set up your password as discrete and as complicated as possible. The shorter your password, the easier for the hackers to hack your account. Create a very secure password, preferably 8 or more characters long with a very distinctive set of characters.

Secondly, you must be wary of using your accounts of different accounts, specially on internet cafes. Internet cafes are not a safe place to browse your personal accounts so be very careful when using your accounts there. I think you should use incognito mode whenever you are opening any of your accounts when using a public device. It is also necessary that you should take caution when connecting to a public wifi. Put firewalls on your laptop/pc. Create countermeasures in your phone to prevent hacking.

Thirdly, never put sensitive data on social media sites. If you are required to do so, then make sure it is secured and safe for you to do so. People tend to do this mistake quite often and it saddens me that they do this for attention. Remember prevention is the key to safety and not the other way around.