Pros and Cons on switching to an android phone?

Discussion in 'Cell Phones & Tablets' started by thatrocketeer, Jun 18, 2018.

1. thatrocketeer

thatrocketeer New Member

Thinking of switching to android. What's the best pros and cons that you can suggest to android os, and what phone is the best at using android os?

2. BlueLotus07

BlueLotus07 New Member

I'm not sure I can answer which is the best phone using the android os, since that's objective. But if you want freedom and flexibility android is always the way to go. You can unlock the device much easier, and install custom apps in comparison to ios. If you're a developer or programmer you could do a numerous amount of upgrades a lot easier than any other mobile platforms. Of course, more flexibility always comes with a down side. It isn't as intuitive as the iphone, and each phone has it's own tech support, which probably isn't as good as Apples. Also, if you have a lot of itunes music, you might want to reconsider haha.

3. Relaterion

Relaterion New Member

It would definitely take some getting used to if you were to switch to Android. Having a full menu for apps rather that just having them on different pages of your home screen isn't really a pro or a con. It's just preference.

A huge pro of Android OS is the flexibility. Similar to "jailbreaking" an iPhone, you can gain root access to most Android devices and customize them however you want, assuming you have the knowledge. This has an extremely steep learning curve, however, but it is much more customizable than an iPhone. I'm not sure about other types of OS on this topic, but I think it's safe to say that there is a lot more coverage of topics on the internet about modifying Android OS than other types.

"what phone is the best at using android os?" on the standpoint of customization, any flagship phone will have tons of backing and experimentation on line, so you'll have broken down step-by-step guides on how to use your device the most efficiently.

Just a con about Android phones really fast: They don't have the cost saving potential they used to be praised for. The new flagship Android phones are often comparable to and sometimes even cost more than the newest iPhones, known for their ridiculous pricing. Make sure you're getting an okay deal.