PUBLIC BREASTFEEDING TO BE ENCOURAGED

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by joachim05, Jun 12, 2018.

1. joachim05

joachim05 New Member

PUBLIC BREASTFEEDIND TO BE ENCOURAGED.

2. joachim05

joachim05 New Member

My support for mothers will never go in vein.i came a cross a certain incidence where a motrher was being ambuished by local citizens breastfeeding her baby under a tree.What is the problem with that?

3. Mily92

Mily92 New Member

This is such a touchy subject for so many people and I have so much to say about it, I don't even know where to start. I hate that breasts are seen as fine and good when they are being used to sell just about everything from cars and perfume to sex, but use them for their intended purpose and people lose their minds! Nevermind that breastfeeding exposes less breast tissue than the average bra or swimsuit. Then you have all the woman-hating women who get offended because you as a mother have the audacity to breastfeed your child where her husband might see! I've never seen a man so devoid of basic decency that he lost control of himself over a breast. I would also hope people would choose decent people of integrity to marry.

Breastfeeding a child is not a sexual act and breasts are not sexual toys for people's enjoyment. While they do have sexual qualities, those qualities do not define women's breasts and before breasts are sexual objects they are tools by which to feed babies. The hate on public breastfeeding is just an extension of societies general hate on women, many will argue that that doesn't exist but I beg to doffer on the subject. I will always support a mother's right to feed her child even in public places.

4. MiRmoRN

MiRmoRN New Member

Breastfeeding in public must be encouraged. Nursing mothers must have the rights and freedom to do it whenever and wherever it is needed. Social acceptance is a controversial issue that they deal with most of the time. They receive objections, negative comments and even harassments for some. But, society must understand that breastfeeding is beneficial and necessary. It provides good nutrition and bonding time for their babies.

5. MiRmoRN

MiRmoRN New Member

Breastfeeding in public must be encouraged. Nursing mothers must have the rights and freedom to do it whenever and wherever it is needed. Social acceptance is a controversial issue that they deal with most of the time. They receive objections, negative comments and even harassments for some. But, society must understand that breastfeeding is beneficial and necessary. It provides good nutrition and bonding time for their babies.

6. Astralmach

Astralmach New Member

Here in the Philippines, public breastfeeding is not seen negatively. When I would ride a jeep I would sometimes encounter a mother breastfeeding her baby and nobody seems to mind because people see it as a normal thing. When I encountered a video in Facebook showing a social experiment of a mother breastfeeding in public and people are telling her to stop because breastfeeding should be done in private, I was shocked upon learning this situation since breastfeeding is very essential and the mother cannot schedule a time for the baby to breastfeed. If people could wear skimpy and exposing clothes in public then it is no different from mothers breastfeeding their child in public. Public awareness and information dissemination is a must to remove the negative perspective of people on the act which is very essential.

7. keishastake

keishastake Member

I am an advocate for breastfeeding but not by breast and baby exposure. I know this topic is a hot button subject and probably more people are for breastfeeding in public but I will not support just whipping out a breast for feeding purpose. Employers have to designate a PRIVATE area for their employees to pump breast milk by law. I capitalized the word private because both the mother and other employees have to be honored and respected. Mothers who breastfeed in public say the people gawking at them or who have a problem with the action say that such people are perverts or either disrespectful but I could not agree less. I am not a pervert nor do I disrespect anyone for feeding your child. Mothers please just cover up; can you respect that, that way everyone wins and your task is accomplished.

8. Enelra12

Enelra12 New Member

As a mother,you should better choose your child's welfare than other people think.I'm proud of being a breastfeeding mom.Even if we are in public I have nothing to worry about,as long as I cover it and my baby is full I'm not ashamed of it,that's what a mother can do to her child.

9. aprilblanquera13

aprilblanquera13 New Member

YES! I breastfeed my child anywhere with the use of nursing wears and nursing cover ;)

10. Loujen1012

Loujen1012 New Member

For mothers, breastfeeding is more than just feeding baby. It is a special physical contact that gives you satisfaction because you are answering your baby's needs. So, breastfeeding in public is must not be seen negatively because there's a life that depends on you. Today, there are public areas that designate a lactating room. That is a big help for lactating mothers. There are nursing covers also that helps not to expose your breast against malicious people.

11. ionosphere

ionosphere New Member

Public breastfeeding should be highly encouraged. Nourishment is one of the essential factors towards the child's growth and development. Breast-milk is said to be the best for neonates because of its certain contents and nutritional value, So I think is important to nourish babies regardless of the time or place.

Nowadays, some establishment like malls and restaurant has its own breastfeeding corner or station, where mothers can freely breastfeed their child. I hope more individual will be aware about the importance of breastfeeding.

12. kodakan-wtQC

kodakan-wtQC New Member

Why deny the best food available to your baby because you are out in public. Public breastfeeding must be encouraged for it is also a natural thing. Multinationals have long encouraged the use of the baby formula products because of it brings business to them. Now with more educated mothers being encouraged to breastfeed their babies, it is now a normal sight to see them breastfeed their child in public unlike a few decades ago wherein the act would raise eyebrows and remind these women about modesty standards during that time.

13. Tehilah27

Tehilah27 New Member

People have a problem with public breastfeeding? That is news to me! In my country, we should be discouraging it ( lol) as it is a daily frenzy of women breastfeeding their children in public over here. It is natural for women to breastfeed their children regardless of where they are without giving it a second thought in my country. In fact, if your child cries for up to 30 seconds and you haven't started feeding the child, people around you will tell you to breastfeed. You can see a breastfeeding mother almost everywhere you go. My cousin who would formerly not wear short sleeve shirts for fear of being perceived as "indecently exposing her body" would now breastfeed her child wherever she is if he is hungry. When it comes to their children, African women do not care about your sensibilities.
    Why would a mother feeding her child offend people? Breastfeeding your child is the most natural thing ever. If anyone is uncomfortable with it then they should look away, no one invited them to a stare!