Punctuation and spelling challenges

Discussion in 'Freelance Writing Challenges' started by Photon1, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Photon1

Photon1 New Member

When you look online, especially on freelance writing sites, it's hard to ignore the fact that most writers still face punctuation and spelling errors. This can be compared to a wild fire spreading across the net.

To avoid this, many writing softwares like Spell checker and others have been created, but many new writers still tend to ignore such guidance systems, pouring in error after error!

So, with all this, what more can be done to help our new and budding writers with so much determination but only limited by writing errors? Don't get me wrong; I'm not perfect myself!

2. Yummy Fiend

Yummy Fiend New Member

Yeah, you've made quite a few errors yourself. I think the best thing you can do to get good at spelling, grammar, and punctuation is to read, read, read! You gain true mastery of the language by being exposed to it everyday, by attuning yourself to the nuances of it. I'm a published poet, and I was the spelling bee champion of my high school, but I never went under any training except for a childhood spent reading.

If we can get more people to read, and to read voraciously, we'll be seeing a lot less errors while reviewing written work.