Saving money

Discussion in 'The Freelance Life' started by JackJakeinc, Jul 19, 2018.

1. JusUS2

JusUS2 New Member

Like me back please!
    Well, I have some advise for saving money and I know that you have heard of this before, however, try to understand my way and see if it is something that will help you. Pay yourself before you pay any bills or buy anything. Pay yourself $10 bucks every week. No matter what take 10 bucks and put it in a savings account and pretend it doesn't exist no matter what you aint got it. Baby need diapers if you aint got other money then borrower from somewhere else, but do not touch that savings account!

2 people like this.
  2. lhey02

lhey02 New Member

yes,, being freelancer are the most receivable payment .. to work hard

2 people like this.
  3. Kimberly Anne Garol

Kimberly Anne Garol New Member

Before saving money is quite a struggle for me but now I always keep and apply this saying of Warren Buffett "Do not save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving" .

2 people like this.
  4. jeffreyjose48

jeffreyjose48 New Member

Saving money is an excellent thing to do for yourself and your family. Its one way of preparing oneself for what will happen in the future whether good or bad. In emergencies or untoward incidents, you can rely on your savings. It can really help you and your family a lot. For payment of bills and other expenses needed can be helped out by your savings. You might as well become wealthy through saving money.

You will be able to help others also when they are in need if you have saved money. Even your friends and relatives can be helped by the money you have saved. You'll have money to spend for vacation or travel abroad. You will have the freedom to spend on all your wants and needs if you have saved more money. Its really an excellent thing to do.

1 person likes this.
  5. a_navor

a_navor New Member

There are many ways on how to save money but the hardest thing about it is getting started. We should limit our expenses and increase our savings. We can open a savings account, make an investment like insurance or in mutual fund.

1 person likes this.
  6. ahllen

ahllen Member

that's ideal

1 person likes this.
  7. ahllen

ahllen Member

1 person likes this.
  8. ahllen

ahllen Member

As I get older I realized how important to have savings that Im wishing to go back in time three years ago so maybe I have a little money enough to start a micro bussiness by now or a savings for my future.

2 people like this.
  9. xenia0143

xenia0143 New Member

Sometimes the hardest thing about saving money is just getting started. It can be difficult to figure out simple ways to save money and how to use your savings to pursue your financial goals. This step-by-step guide to money-saving habits can help you develop a realistic savings plan

1 person likes this.
  10. reyhard

reyhard New Member

Saving money is not the problem, but the wants of every human.
    There is only one formula that I know on how to save money.
    Income (minus) SAVINGS is equals to expenses.
    Follow this simple formula and do not do the reverse of it if you want to save money.

1 person likes this.
  11. mstrgps

mstrgps New Member

Saving money? NO! invest first on yourself, do trainings and certification to increase your salary. Then save money after.

1 person likes this.
  12. rynemcdg

rynemcdg New Member

Saving money saves a person in times of emergency. No matter how small the salary of a person can get if that person knows how to budget and saves an amount for the savings is a much recommended thing to do. A person must know how to spend the hard earned money wisely. Spend wisely more on wants and less of needs. It is just a matter of discipline.

1 person likes this.
  13. jonjon1980

jonjon1980 Member

saving money is the best way to invest

14. NGear

NGear New Member

Saving money definitely isn't easy, but it's not that hard either; you've got to gradually change your lifestyle in response to your money-saving instead of immediately altering the entirety which, more often than not, backfires and serves as counter-intuitive.

You would need to meticulously build up the mindset/state of mind that is needed when saving; you've got to adopt that mental fortitude and apply discipline into yourself in order to keep yourself and your money in check. You'd also be put in situations where you would need to make do with the bare minimum of necessities, and while it seems dangerous, do not worry for it isn't; you'd need to satisfy your hunger but you should endure/deny the craving for pleasurable things (this is where the much needed discipline comes in). You'd also need to find ways to earn money through active and passive income. All in all, you should keep a strict and well-made plan that you would follow through in order to earn save money, whether it is cutting corners, working, etc.

15. AndreiTanase

AndreiTanase New Member

I think that the first step toward saving money is setting up a budget. Be aware how much money you make in a month, keep track of mandatory payments, such as rent and insurance. Keep track on how much you spend on food and other payments, such as utilities, subscriptions and recreational money. Try and optimize those spending every month, and every month try to save, no matter how small the sum is.

Here is a very useful graph to keep track of all of your monthly payments. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. RoyDpines

RoyDpines New Member

Saving your few Dollar really does matter . try to save and invest in business , do not rely on one source of income only, Success is all about Discipline , It doesnt matter how much money you earn it all about how much you save.

Always remember everytime you earn money you must Pay yourself first and save for Emergencies :thumbsup::thumbsup:

17. toledoq

toledoq New Member

Saving money is hard as heck, but it really does pay off in the long run. Simply saying "put something aside for later!" is a little bit on realistic, in my opinion, so I believe that the key is in finding ways to get the best bang for your buck. Some tricks I've found work for me are:
    1. Planning my budget for each paycheck. What bills do I need to pay? What do I owe before my next paycheck?
    2. Digging around for coupons and discounts! Manufacturer coupons are a great way to get the best bang for your buck. Looking up which stores will have big sales and when is another way. Combine the two wisely, and you can save money without skipping out on buying everyday necessities.
    3. Does the store you usually shop at have a "generic" brand? 9 out of 10 times, the generic brand is just as good as the fancier, brand name one. This is not always true, but you shouldn't bleed your account dry just because one has more prestige than the other.
    4. Shop for clothing and accessories online. You can find a lot of really nice looking items at discounted prices online.

18. Impalals01

Impalals01 New Member

When I was younger I never thought about saving. One day it hit me how important it is to save money when I lost my job. I was struggling for so long because I didnt save, now I try to save any penny I get.

19. Gabyinho

Gabyinho New Member

It's much easier to saving money that we belive! Implement the 10% rule from the book "The richest man in Babilon"! Pay your self first! Every month put aside in a diferent account 10% of your earnings! You will see no diferents! And after a year invests that money in something, for example, I invested the money Stocks! :)

20. UserPink

UserPink New Member

I do not have much money. I only buy what I really need. I keep money for travel.

21. Pedong

Pedong New Member

That's the fact we want to save money but we can't control our self to buy something we love, Like things and food.
    [​IMG]

22. dessdlmm

dessdlmm Member

Sometimes the hardest thing about saving money is just getting started. This step-by-step guide on how to save money can help you develop a simple and realistic plan to save for goals, big or small.

1. use the Spending & Budgeting tool, which automatically categorizes your transactions for easier budgeting in the mobile app or online.

2. organize your recorded expenses into a workable budget. Your budget should outline how your expenses measure up to your income—so you can plan your spending and limit overspending. In addition to your monthly expenses, be sure to factor in expenses that occur regularly but not every month, such as car maintenance. You can compare your budget to those of people like you with the Better Money Habits Spending Analysis Tool.

3. ways to save on your fixed monthly expenses.

Tip: Consider the money you put into savings a regular expense, similar to groceries, to reinforce good savings habits.

Learn how to prioritize your savings goals so you have a clear idea of where to start saving. For example, if you know you’re going to need to replace your car in the near future, you could start putting money away for one now.

Pick the right tools
    Click enter to collapse
    If you’re saving for short-term goals, consider using these FDIC-insured deposit accounts:

• Savings account
    • Certificate of deposit (CD), which locks in your money for a fixed period of time at a rate that is typically higher than savings accounts
    For long-term goals consider:

• FDIC-insured individual retirement accounts (IRAs), which are tax-efficient savings accounts
    • Securities, such as stocks or mutual funds. These investment products are available through investment accounts with a broker-dealer. Remember that securities are not insured by the FDIC, are not deposits or other obligations of a bank and are not guaranteed by a bank. They are subject to investment risks, including the possible loss of your principal.
    Tip: You don’t have to pick just one account. Look carefully at all of your options and consider things like balance minimums, fees and interest rates so you can choose the mix that will help you best save for your goals.

Make saving automatic
    Click enter to collapse
    Almost all banks offer automated transfers between your checking and savings accounts. You can choose when, how much and where to transfer money or even split your direct deposit so a portion of every paycheck goes directly into your savings account. Splitting your direct deposit and setting up automated transfers are simple ways to save money since you don’t have to think about it, and it generally reduces the temptation to spend the money instead.

23. Toyabank404

Toyabank404 Member

I say the same thing. I wish I would've saved more money when I was making more than I am now. I have a few tricks up my sleeve so hopefully I'll be able to save up for my condo this year.

24. VainMortal

VainMortal New Member

Get a job! You can't save what you don't have, lols. But seriously, this is the hardest thing to do even when you do have a job. We spend so much on things that we never really need. So much waste! We pay for things that are worthless and time consuming. We lack the foresight, atleast most of us.

25. JoyRam

JoyRam New Member

Say No To Eat-Outs. Eating out is many times more fun than eating packed lunch in the office. Do you know that you actually save a significant amount of money by refraining from restaurant food? If you eat out often, it is unhealthy because of lots of seasonings and preservatives in the fast food chains nowadays. So, it's better to prepare your own lunch or even dinner and save eat-outs for special occasions instead.

Drop your vices. Do you know how much you spend every year on your unhealthy habits? You'll be surprised at how much it adds up. By dropping your vices, you'll save money and have a healthier life as well. It's not easy to do, but it can be very beneficial for you,

Keep a piggy bank and put all your loose change in it at the end of the day. Setting aside money by the hundreds or thousands may be harder to do for some of us, so this is a simple way to trick yourself into saving money. It might feel small, but if you're only just starting the habit of saving, it's a good way to get into the habit easily.

26. nckmct

nckmct New Member

First of all can I get a like? I will like your post as well!

For me it will depend on your lifestyle. You need to get a job then save the money right? Then there comes the saving part. Saving is hard because you have the money to but your needs and wants.

After getting your first paycheck, I’m advising to part your money into half. The first half would be for savings, and the other half would be divided into your expenses and necessities. How save the half of your money is vital to make yourself grow.

Money is important in our lives, but we need to start from something. That something is to save half or 50% of your paycheck. Which can be totalled annually to a large amount, which can be use for medical, house, or other life necessities. I recommend to spend your money by splitting it first to half then live your life by your money.

1 person likes this.
  27. newlife

newlife New Member

Saving money helped me and my husband to live a happy and secured life . We worked very hard and saved enough to invest on properties as preparation for family emergencies and old age . One way to manage our finances is to save the money on different investment options offered by banks and state financial institutions. Monitoring the growth of your money and paying monthly dues are quite easy to do because of their online services . Saving money helped me a lot to be mindful of the things that I buy. It is very helpful to reflect the opportunity cost and benefit before spending your hard earned money . It is nice to wake up every morning with less worries about finances .

28. hanylen

hanylen New Member

Saving money is a huge struggle in most of us, but it is hard only at the beginning. Self-control and self-discipline is important.
    How to begin saving?
    Start it early!
    As in early childhood, in a piggy bank, you can develop self discipline through this.

29. dessdlmm

dessdlmm Member

Make a savings plan. Those with a savings plan are twice as likely to save successfully. That's where America Saves comes in. If you take the America Saves Pledge, we'll help you set a goal and make a plan. And it doesn’t stop there. America Saves will keep you motivated with information, advice, tips, and reminders to help you reach your savings goal. Think of us as your own personal support system. With little-to-no money in the bank and living on a limited income and savings for her future was even possible. “At my age, to put debts behind me would be a relief, but she wasn’t quite sure how to even get started with a savings plan.

30. Jebster15

Jebster15 New Member

By making a budget and accounting all your expenses, you can now check the amount of savings you have each month. It is ideal to save at least sixty percent of your savings especially if you are single and earning big, that what !