Simple Ways I Deal With Stress

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Doxie, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Primigravida

Primigravida New Member

I used to just take quick naps or play video games on my laptop or mobile phone to relieve stress. Taking things off your stressors for a while even as simple as walking around or jumping up and down for a few seconds can help recharge myself for a bit. Now that I have more time, I walk on parks, usually playing Pokemon Go just for fun, cook a nice meal, exercise on mornings, and have a proper sleep every day or every 2 days depending on schedule.

It also helps to tackle your source of stress rather than dealing with the stress itself. Having problems studying for exams in the next few days that you have to pull all-nighters? Try to study around 1-2 hours every night earlier in the week instead of cramming the night before. Lessen your idle time on the internet or TV. Make a list of things you're doing where the number of time spent can be reduced or scrapped completely and replace them with more productive things to do, or simply just rest instead of doing these things. I know these won't work for most people but it helps.

2. Lhotte Noble

Lhotte Noble New Member

If I am feeling the symptoms of stress, like I'm overeating or feeling fatigue and cranky. I would normally breathe deeply and take a break at least 5 minutes. It would ease my anxiety if I slow down and feel the space around me. I also prefer to be with optimistic person or entertain positive thoughts. But in worst case scenario, if the stress becomes extreme, I will surely get a good massage and sleep right after. The next morning, I am all good.

3. SurreTina

SurreTina Member

Talking with people who you love, listening to music, playing games or watching TV shows are amazing ways that can help you to cope with stress.

4. izzasy

izzasy New Member

I like to keep my life balanced to avoid stress. I like to think of stress as something that is excessive or too little of what we do. For example work and family should be balanced. Working too much may cause stress levels to go up, while having too much family time can also also lead you into a stressful situation. I like practicing yoga. It keeps me balanced both mentally, spiritually and physically.

5. Joanncali

Joanncali New Member

There are so many ways to deal with stress. I usually go gym for exercise, go for a walk, stroll at the park and listen to my favorite songs. It's very important for me because my work has a lot of stress. Instead of ordering food on my work place, I rather go for a walk out of the office. It makes me feel great to get some fresh air and watch the beautiful sky. On my days off, I go gym to exercise for an hour or stroll at the park. When I feel lazy, I listen to my favorite songs on my phone.

6. Rochelle P Gablines

Rochelle P Gablines New Member

Your inner being has its own way of healing. Stress perhaps is one way of telling your body that you have exceeded the boundary of work limit that capacitate your body to do work.

One way of coping up stress is by spelling it backwards. D-E-S-S-E-R-T, indulge into sweet cravings becauseyou deserve it.

7. Sherwindelarosa

Sherwindelarosa New Member

1. When you are under stress, sit or lie down in a quiet, comfortable place.
    2. Close your eyes and take a deep breath through your nose to the count of 5.
    3. Hold your breath for 5 counts, then exhale for 5 counts.
    4. Repeat 5 or 6 more times or until you calm down and feel relaxed
    THOSE ARE THE SIMPLE WAY TO DEAL WITH STRESS TRY IT....
    I'VE DONE IT AND IT WILL WORK FOR YOU TOO...GOD BLESS

8. Oriel123

Oriel123 New Member

What you say about being hydrated is so interesting. I had never thought about dehydration as a contributing factor to stress, and I will be trying to drink more water to see if this works for me!
    For me, managing stress is about being organised. When things are in order, I feel in control of my situation. Leaving things until the last minute is a sure-fire way to become very stressed in my experience!
    I also like to practice self-care. Taking a few minutes out to relax, read a book or do some other activity that makes me feel good helps me to achieve balance.

9. TrinityTypes

TrinityTypes New Member

I would suggest meditating even if it's for a few minutes. Lie or sit down and close your eyes. Breathe heavily enough so you can feel it on your upper lip. Scan your body and tell yourself how every part feels. Listen. Can you hear the static in the room or the tap dripping ? Basically relax your brain and don't think about the stuff that is making you stressed.

10. Balatszki_07

Balatszki_07 Member

Swap caffeinated and alcoholic drinks for water, herbal teas, or diluted natural fruit juices and aim to keep yourself hydrated as this will enable your body to cope better with stress.

You should also aim to avoid or reduce your intake of refined sugars - they are contained in many manufactured foods (even in savoury foods such as salad dressings and bread) and can cause energy crashes which may lead you to feel tired and irritable. In general, try to eat a healthy, well-balanced and nutritious diet. That thing we need to avoid it.

11. romilda

romilda Member

I just keep myself busy everyday with the things that makes me happy.

12. Bcaluag

Bcaluag Member

When i am stressed, i feel the need to walk and do some exercise with an earphone to my ears , listening to positive music that boost up my energy and motivates me to think positive, so that i can forget what i am stressing about.

13. jjhanlyn

jjhanlyn New Member

listen to your type of music or go unwind at the sea side. for me ocean waves makes me relax mentally and emotionally you should try that too.

14. JaniceA

JaniceA Member

I deal with stress by praying and making myself more busy. There are a lot of factors from having a stress in life,but we need to know how to handle this so that we will not end up exhausted and sometimes depressed.For me making myself more busy makes me forget all the things that stressed me like problems from home, love life etc. We also need to pray and let God have in control of everything. Drink water, inhale and exhale,comb your hair, fix your clothes and SMILE.
    Let the world be stress because of you lol.. :) Surrender all our cares to God and we will be stressfree. God bless always.

15. Sirgalapong

Sirgalapong New Member

It is important to realize the not all stress is bad for you. Some stress can make life interesting, and it can push you to achieve your goals. Because we cannot escape every commitment, instead of trying to eliminate stress from our lives completely, it is important to learn to control stress.

Every person has a different type of level of stress in his or her life. Therefore, there is no one solution for dealing with stress. For example, a person who flourishes on constant change would suffer from tremendous boredom and stress in a job that is dull, while an individual that avoids change would be filled with anxiety and stress in a really dynamic position.

It is believed that a lot of illnesses are immediately tied to stress. If you find that you are always sick or fatigued, or that you are always nervous, it is time to learn to cope with your stress. Stress management takes patience and practice. If you persist at it, you will master the art of effectively dealing with stress.

First figure out what main things cause your stress. Is it your morning commute? Preparing for a public speaking engagement at work? Dealing with your kids after school? Most of these things are unavoidable, but still manageable. If your morning commute stresses you out, try leaving for work a few minutes earlier. If public speaking horrifies you, try consulting a psychologist to help you deal with your fears. If your kids drive you crazy, arrange organized activities that you can all enjoy together. It is important to understand what causes you stress, and think of ways that you can deal with them.

It is then important to try to reduce your emotional reactions to your stressful situations. Stress can cause negative thoughts, and you will act accordingly. It might be better to try to think of stress as an opportunity for self-improvement. If you overreact to every situation, step back and assess each time you lash out, and think of ways to calmly cope. You might not be able to do anything about your stressors, but you can control how you react to them

Also note your physical reactions to stress. Try to start deep breathing techniques in order to lower your heart rate. If your physical reactions to stress are severe, seek medical attention to avoid hypertension or heart problems. Sometimes the best way to avoid stress is by taking a time out in order to regroup and refresh.

Another positive way to combat stress is to exercise. Try aerobic exercise and strength training. Those are powerful outlets for stress. Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet, and avoid a lot of caffeine. Try to get a full night’s sleep every night as well. Following these simple strategies will help you to cope with stress more than you know.

Stress is part of life. You cannot avoid it. But, by engaging in effective management techniques, you can effectively deal with stress and become a stronger person for it.

16. snesz08

snesz08 Member

For me, just watch your favourite movies. hang out with your friends. Don't let the negative vibes ruin your day, just smile and relax and most specially give it to God and he will surely listen.

17. romilda

romilda Member

Stay happy and sometimes meditate.

18. calebkaylix

calebkaylix New Member

Dealing with stress will involve proper consideration of it's source. Sometimes, you get stressed by something simple, let's say you failed something or somebody. For me I will deal with this kind of stress by busying myself then I'll later look into setting things right. Generally, I can deal with stress by doing something I enjoy doing.

19. michpiong

michpiong Member

If I am stress, I drink lots of water and eat first so I can think what is the best to do next. I go to mall with my friends, eat some favorite food and buy some stuff to remove stress. If i'm stress in my work, I let myself to write down all tasks needed to work and will prioritize the urgent one so it can be easily for me to go with the next duties easily. Just enjoy life and don't let the stress bring you down.

20. Emther

Emther New Member

Stress is inevitable in our lives and it is unavoidable. It is important for us to be able to manage it effectively for us to live a more fulfilling life.

In my case to help me deal with stress, I make sure that I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. I don't eat much sweetened food and beverages and I also cut down on red meat such as pork. I also avoid eating food that are high in cholesterol. After sticking to this diet, I feel lighter and happier.

Aside from the diet modification, I also make it a point that I do some 15 minute exercise everyday. If you have extra time, the more exercise that you do in the day , the better. My preferred exercise routine is swimming. I find the cold water relaxing and I am able to stretch my muscles. It feels great to release all your pent up tension through exercising.

Lastly, I am a very religious person. I find it relaxing whenever I pray and read religious articles. It gives me a sense of direction in life and a feeling that everything will be alright in the end.

21. kmurungu

kmurungu New Member

Staying around same play 24/7 can also increase stress and it is advisable to be outgoing and spend weekends out whether just yourself or as a family.

I also find good music a stress reliever. I listen to music with uplifting lyrics each time when im stressed and that always boost me.

22. lzr9211

lzr9211 New Member

Be away from the thing or issue which make you feel stress, and trying to think about something can make you feel relax. Do it again for a few times, and you would feel better. But this is just the potential way, you must solve the thing which makes you feel stress, then you would not feel stress anymore. Because you cannot always choose to admit it, and there always be a day you must choose to face it.

23. Georgeliner

Georgeliner Member

It ia very simple i involve myself to activities like playing soccer,listening to music to reduce stress.