Sleep is a life saver

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Nathan B IV nathan, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Nathan B IV nathan

Nathan B IV nathan New Member

Sleep makes you experience better, however its importance is going past just boosting your mood or banishing eye bags. Sleep is a key part of a healthy lifestyle, and can keep your heart functionality balanced. The best part of sleeping is dreaming!

dooty56 likes this.
  2. Cornelia Yonkova

Cornelia Yonkova New Member

How could we live without sleeping? It is essential part of our lives. If you don't get enough sleep, you feel unhealthy and even suffer mental and physical problems. When I can't fall asleep for a long time, I prefer drinking a cup of warm milk and it really works. I start feeling sleepy in about 30 minutes after drinking the milk. But it is different for everyone. I have a friend who prefer to drink a cup of warm water before sleep and another friend who prefers sleeping pills. I'd rather stick to the warm milk.

3. Superposter

Superposter New Member

I have read up about sleep and its benefits of getting 7-8 hours a day but I seriously can't bring myself to sleeping that long. I much prefer spending an extra 2-3 hours awake being productive than sleeping as it makes me feel better. However I do usually nap during the day if I really do start to get drowsy.

4. hengyn

hengyn New Member

I'm sleepin' only 4 hours per day. Too much caffeine. Gotta stop drinking that much coffee. LOL.

5. Saltychann

Saltychann New Member

A good nights sleep can make a world of difference! I've learned this recently. I used to sleep less than 6 hours a night and constantly feel sluggish throughout the day. Then I started to fix that bad habit and make sure I get to sleep on time so that I'm ready to conquer the day. It helps more than I ever thought it would. Everyone says sleep is important but it really didn't soak in my mind until I realized I was constantly groggy and it's all because I didn't sleep enough.

dooty56 likes this.
  6. stephtobacillus

stephtobacillus New Member

I believe all the nights I've slept will be worth it!!! Yes, when you wake up happy from a good dream, it gives you optimism and strength to face the day. Some people skip sleep over doing "productive" matters but as days pass by, their body will start taking revenge! So I hope everyone finds the time to sleep soundly. By the way, there are times when one's sleep is of low quality, I guess? Have you found ways to increase the quality of your sleep?

7. nadza

nadza New Member

Regular sleep schedule is a must in a fast paced life. It helps you to stick to your to-do lists without unnecessary delays. Mornings are most productive for work because you are fresh, sharp and ready for new challenges.

8. dooty56

dooty56 New Member

I totally agree you need a certain amount of rest to do good, an refresh your body an your bags, dreaming is good to.

nadza likes this.
  9. nudelpudding

nudelpudding New Member

Sometimes I wish I could have a normal sleeping pattern lol. I'm mostly awake through the nights and have trouble falling asleep.

But when I do sleep normally it feels great, but I always mess up and go back to square one. I call this phenomenon 4 A.M blues. I haven't slept in a while even now. I might be a vampire :D

10. dooty56

dooty56 New Member

Man sleeping gives you everything you need. To ajust your daily routine, it make your additude positive when your not so tired you can think of nothing but sleep. I LEARN to get to bed early,it makes me be more organized, my day goes good,lets me focus on daily assigments an task for successful day.

11. Ritwik

Ritwik New Member

You'll be able to build muscle more easily. :sleeping:
    There's a reason that fitness magazines and forums always focus on the importance of sleep:sleeping:. If you don't sleep:sleeping:, you can't build muscle.Your body uses most of the night to heal damage done to your cells and tissues when you are awake and more metabolically active . At the start of the night and during slow wave sleep:sleeping:, your body also releases growth hormone. Lack of sleep:sleeping:, on the other hand, is linked to muscle atrophy .

12. freeze

freeze New Member

Yes, sleep is a life saver. There are many diseases today associated with inadequate sleep. The body needs rest in order to function well and depriving it of rest will lead to more harm than good.

13. imonline

imonline New Member

I read an article that suggested adequate sleep is the key to longevity. I try to get at least 8 hours of sleep per night. This is not always feasible due to my busy lifestyle.

14. Jeannette Jones

Jeannette Jones New Member

Ah, yes -- sleep... This is one of those things that you definitely shouldn't mess with. You just won't be able to function properly -- mentally nor physically -- without a proper amount of sleep. And no amount of vitamins will be able help you when you're lacking sleep. Getting enough sleep -- and the amount may vary from person to person -- is vital for your health and your overall mood. So, is sleep a life saver? Yes, I'm positive. Take care of yourself and get that much needed rest.

15. kestony

kestony New Member

Sure sleep is a life saver. How you may ask? Let’s look at it objectively, when you wake up in the morning fully rested, all your immune systems are fully functional and at your disposal, however during the course of the day’s activities you become exhausted both physically and mentally which in turn affects your immune system which becomes lowered. It is this lowered state of the immune system that makes us vulnerable to attacks from diseases and all kinds of microbes that have been trying to get us down without success. It is during the period of sleeping that the body replenishes or fortifies itself against these attacks on a daily basis. If you repeat this process of depleting the body’s energy stock without replenishing it during sleep and rest, then you are definitely going to come down with one illness or the other and no matter what treatment you use if you do not get enough rest and sleep you will never recover fully from that illness. This is the reason why sleep can be termed a life saver.

16. Gaj

Gaj New Member

I definately agree with this one. :)

17. April81

April81 New Member

Yes definitely. 4 hours of having a deep sleep makes your body full recharge already. Even 15 minutes of having a nap could save your lack of sleep. My personal experience every time I had a deep sleep I'm in focus, more energy and I'm in a good mood.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  18. Med rida ft

Med rida ft New Member

Sleep is a key part of a healthy lifestyle,i agree with you 100%!!!
    This is the best way to make your brain working better and better!!!

19. prettyb

prettyb New Member

Sleep is really a life saver. There is a whole lot of fix in our body system that gets fixed during the period that we are asleep. Sleep is as important as food, it refreshes, it regulates several activities in our body system, takes away our grumpiness, boost our immune system, it helps with our memory process, puts our body structure in good shape, rebuilds our body and does a whole lot of such. Having a good day starts with having a good night sleep. Infants needs to have more of sleep to grow well while adults needs sufficient sleep to maintain good health. You lose your sleep, you lose your health and well-being.

20. rjohndava86

rjohndava86 New Member

Yes I strongly agree that sleep is a life saver. Sleeping helps us to be refreshed. While we are sleeping our body recovers from stress. It also helps to restore and maintain proper body functioning.

21. emma.regalado1

emma.regalado1 New Member

Yes I agree with that. Sleep is a life saver after the long tiring day sleep is our escape from all the stress we have encountered the whole day. A calm night, dim light and a soft pillow takes away all the tiredness we have.

22. zamaica

zamaica New Member

Yes it is. Usually, an average person needs seven to eight hours of sleep everyday. Our body needs long period of sleep to restore lost energy, repair damaged tissues, and relax our muscles. Sleeping helps repair brain tissues. Lack of sleep could lead to dizziness you can't do normal task properly. It would be hard for the tired brain to send directions to other parts of the body. And people who lack sleep are tend to have low immune system.

23. suhmita

suhmita New Member

When you get the correct amount of sleep, your body has the time it needs to heal -- but it also has the time to do other things. These include regulating certain hormones. These hormones include things that will control your appetite as well as your metabolism. This then helps stabilize and manage your weight, which will improve your life.

Either way, sleep is super important. Especially for college students/young adults who need the sleep more than anyone else. This is the final stages of growth and development of the brain and that is why it is vital to get sleep.

So take care of your bodies and take care of your mind especially. It's the only thing that will let you lead a happy and long life.

24. hopelesshopeful

hopelesshopeful New Member

People always have the misconception that when it comes to sleep, the longer the better. We often miss the mark that it is not the length or quantity of sleep, but the quality of sleep.

25. romilda

romilda Member

Sleep is a life saver, you will get sick easily without having enough sleep.

26. michpiong

michpiong Member

Yes, sleep is a life saver. Why? Because our body needs 8 hours of sleep a day. Our body, organs, and brain need to rest to boost their energy once we are awake. Having a complete sleep can make us think positively. We can create good ideas when we are in school or at work. It will help us to look and feel younger for it will prevent our skin from wrinkles, eye bags and dry skin. It will also have a big effect in our lives by making our lives longer.

27. marcbarredo13

marcbarredo13 Member

I agree with this. Sleep really is a life saver. Our body, mind and organs should take a break from out hectic schedules and by sleeping for atleast 7 hours a day, it will ensure that our body, mind and organs will be ready for tomorrow's grind. Proper sleep will also boost our immunity, I had no doubt that sleeping is a natural remedy to any ailments and illness and it will also lowers our inflammation. Sleeping is vital for this will recover our stressed and worn out muscles and also a good night rest will give you a positive mood and a better brain function.

28. ranerii10

ranerii10 Member

Yes it is. sleep is a life saver. it gives you more energy, mood booster and strengthen your immune system. makes you feel young and better. just always complete our 8 hours of sleep to avoid sickness.

29. map8813

map8813 Member

Sleep is a life saver because our body needs rest on a whole day of working and functioning. Our body needs sleep in order for our organs, bones, muscles, and mind to still function better. If we are lack of sleep, we can't think better and we have no strength to do certain task that is given to ask. Having a complete sleep can make your life longer.

30. spiderplant

spiderplant New Member

Not only is enough sleep essential, but getting it at the right time for your body is also essential. (Most adolescents are naturally night owls, for instance, and school schedules force them to adopt an unnatural sleep schedule.)

If you have a treatable sleep disorder, such as sleep apnea, it's very important to get it treated. Untreated sleep apnea is as dangerous for your body as smoking.