SMF Experience?

Discussion in 'Website Management & Blogging' started by Urbane Kanguru, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Urbane Kanguru

Urbane Kanguru New Member

Hi there,

Has anyone had experience with Simple Machine Forum (SMF)? I have a blog/forum that uses it and it looks great (at least I think so) and after having a play around and getting used to it I am finding it real easy to modify.

My only gripe is with the jquery slider I am using. It looks great but is a royal pain in the ........

Anyone used SMF? Got any advice? Had any problems?

2 people like this.
  2. Shawn-Merged

Shawn-Merged Forum & Blog Owners

I have about 10 forums running on SMF 2.0 software. I love SMF. I used to be with them back in the 1.0 days and it was a horrible software then but their new software is something better :) I like them a lot better than MyBB to be honest. I really have no issues with SMF other than the fact that templates are a bit difficult to edit. I am used to vBulletin template editing which was a bit easier due to all the options.

3. ZeroEntity

ZeroEntity New Member

I've been using it and I've encountered many problems but I managed to overcome all of them.Smf is easy stuff as long as you're imaginary.

4. dslegends

dslegends New Member

man i use to use smf back in the day as well...havent messed with it in a while but the 2.0 software is awesome stuff best free forum software out there to me