Smoking vs Vaping

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by vincentlam0912, Mar 2, 2016.

?

Is one healthier than the other?

1. Smoking

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. Vaping

29 vote(s)
    85.3%
  1. vincentlam0912

vincentlam0912 New Member

I personally have tried both of them and I quit them both because it is damaging to my health. But a lot of people hooked up to smoking and finding it hard to quit, so it vaping healthier as a substitute or just as bad as conventional cigarette?

2. William Shockley

William Shockley New Member

My prеfеrrеd rеply tо this is, "It аlmоst сеrtаinly саnnоt bе wоrsе fоr yоu thаn smоking."

Thе rеаl rеаsоn mоst hеаlth prоfеssiоnаls will hеdgе оn this quеstiоn is, thе rеаlly hаrmful sеquеlае оf smоking dоn't shоw until 20-40 yеаrs оf соntinuоus usе. Thеrеfоrе, fеw rеsеаrсhеrs оr dосtоrs аrе willing tо givе thеir 100% blеssing tо thе tесhnоlоgy.

Hоwеvеr, it is diffiсult tо оvеrеstimаtе just hоw аwful fоr yоu сigаrеttе smоkе is. Thе prосеss оf bоth сuring аnd burning thе lеаvеs сrеаtеs а plеthоrа оf оrgаniс mоlесulеs, whiсh sсrеw up bоth yоur rеspirаtоry аnd сirсulаtоry systеm in аll sоrts оf соmplеx wаys. Е-сigs usuаlly dоn't gеnеrаtе еnоugh hеаt tо сrеаtе thеsе mоlесulеs.* Mеаnwhilе, thе niсоtinе gеts furthеr асtivаtеd by MАОIs аnd оthеr unеxplоrеd psyсhоасtivе соmpоunds tо wоrk quiсkеr аnd hаrdеr thаn thе distillеd niсоtinе in vаpеs.*

Sо yеs, thеrе is thе pоssibility thаt rеpеаtеd еxpоsurе will hаvе соnsеquеnсеs; think аbоut rubbing yоur аrm fоr twо sесоnds, nоthing hаppеns. Think аbоut dоing it fоr 15 minutеs еvеry twо hоurs fоr 30 yеаrs, аnd yоu'll sее bоnе. Hоwеvеr, if yоu саn gеt оff сigаrеttеs with vаping, dо it.** Yоu'rе vеry unlikеly tо еnd up wоrsе оff.

3. angelxsss

angelxsss New Member

Not considering any research or anything that went into this, but in my personal opinion, inhaling anything that our body wasn't designed to inhale is damaging. That's why I'm against smoking, vaping, weed, hookah, and anything else these crazy kids try to light on fire. It's possible to find research for and against almost everything, but this is just my opinion.

4. bathologiebylisaz

bathologiebylisaz New Member

My son vapes. I have done as much research as I can, but there are not any long term studies as of yet. Although I would prefer he did not do either, I would say that vaping has less fillers and particles that can go in his lungs which makes me feel it is the better choice. Vaping also smells better as they have lots of flavors you can choose from.

5. Jrh0714

Jrh0714 New Member

They are both going to prove to be detrimental to your health. Vaping has just not been around long enough to have proper studies done yet. I do want to point out how rediculous the vapers look when they exhale such a huge cloud of vapor. I'm always surprised their lungs held it all! I could see trying capes to move away from traditional cigarettes but if you aren't addicted don't start vaping just to try something new.

6. Emerson Cueto

Emerson Cueto New Member

In terms of choosing the lesser evil, Vaping is safer than smoking though it's still on going research if vaping can be harmful to our health for long time use or not. but basically vaping helps me quit smoking, what i like about smoking is only the smoke but not the nicotine and other content of cigarette, But what good about vaping for me is the amount of smoke it produces, that's why I quit easily in smoking and I don't smell bad after using it while vaping I smell the same and hint of what juice i put on my mod. I therefore conclude on my opinion vaping is a way to go.

7. armilp

armilp New Member

I used to smoke until I switched to vaping. It's definitely safer and has been proven safer as prestigious medical journals can back it up with their research. I chose to vape to quit smoking, but I continue to vape because it's just more fun and the flavors are great. The only drawback to vaping is that it's getting quite expensive. I can easily spend $100 a month on vape juice, cotton, wires alone. With that all said, I eventually want to quit vaping. My main reason is because it's getting expensive. My second reason is because I do it because I'd like to remove vices in my life. It's not as bad as smoking, but it's not to say that it's not bad at all.

8. EsmaelSanson

EsmaelSanson New Member

Well in my opinion for those people who cant stop smoking, I recommend vape, because as I research, vape compare to sigarretes has a smaller effect to our body system.
    But still if you can stop smoking go for it because it's jusy for your good sake and think the implication if you wont stop smoking.

9. Glen Benson

Glen Benson Member

smoking is very bad for the health of the person because there is a substances that can kill the persons health. while vaping is a bit safe safe because there is no substances that can easily make weak the lung of the person.

10. evan10593

evan10593 New Member

I feel like both are negative habits, however vaping is by far less damaging to your health and the health of those around you than cigarettes. Like others have stated above though, there is no way to be certain of the long term damage that will be done by vaping, because the technology is too new to have conclusive studies done.

11. Soban Saeed

Soban Saeed New Member

Any habit that makes you addicted to it is wrong and unethical. If you just want to blow some smoke then you can try Vaping but not make it a habit. Many people come towards vaping to give up smoking and it is a right way but in the end both are damaging your health. If you want to lessen the damage to your health then go for vaping.

12. Bethany Thomas

Bethany Thomas New Member

There are a lot of unknowns about vaping at this time. Vaping may be the lesser of two evils, but it is certainly not good for you. A lot of people using vaping as an alternative to smoking and while it may be better than cigarettes it is still quite harmful to your health.

13. Allecrast

Allecrast New Member

Here's my personal take on this, if you smoke now, you should think when do you want to stop. There's a condition called Emphysema which will applied to all smoker which is untreateable, cause short-breath everytime you do some work, and hampers your daily life. In the end what you should ask yourself is, "Is it worth it?"

14. It is really quite hard to choose between the two. First, this kind activity really does no good for anyone's body. Secondly, you are spending money only for a short period of pleasure. Some people make an excuse that vaping is safer than smoking but technically, it both applies the process of burning. By this, certain chemicals were produced which are not good for the body only that vaping comes in a variety of flavor to choose from and denser smoke produced that users may play a trick. Whatever it is, still it does no good and no one should have the option to choose between the two. The option here is to live healthily or to smoke.

15. Lina102

Lina102 New Member

They are both bad. But one is less worse than the other. Vaping does not contain as many harmful chemicals as smoking does. Also smoking a cigarette is actual smoke whereas vaping is just vaporized water. I don’t mind the occasional cigarette but I have not been able to get addicted to it because they eventually make me sick. I don’t vape but I bet if I did I would probably get hooked on vaping because of the flavors unlike cigarettes which taste bad for me after a while. I recommend staying away from both but if you are going to do one of them go with vaping.

16. johny90

johny90 New Member

Smoking and vaping are both dangerous in our health.Cigarettes has so many ingredients with harmful chemicals,so smokers get a lot of desease when smoking,it has a chemical called "nicotine" and this is the reason why smokers are addicted.Smoking can cause different types of cancer like throat cancer,I saw people with throat cancer,they cannot speak because they have no voice,so im nervous when I see a "chainsmoker".Smoking has no good benefit,every stick you consume will decrease your life.Another hobby of people is "vaping",vaping is alternative for smoking and I think,it is dangerous like smoking,the liquids they use in vaping has different flavor but we dont know what are the ingredients or chemicals use to make it,I heard a news that vape or e-cigarette is dangerous because it explode and the man get injury on his face,so I will not choose in this two types of cigarette,its good to find a hobby thats not have a harmful effects and has a good benefits like exercise, it is good to our health because it gives good circulation of our blood and strengthen our immune system to avoid heavy deseases.

17. fattymadz

fattymadz New Member

I've been smoking for almost 2 years. It a stress reliever for me. But I really wanted to quit smoking because my kids sees it and asking to stop. I found out about vaping. They say if you want to quit smoking try vaping. So I tried it at first I really enjoy it because of the smoke that comes out then later I did not notice that I am slowly quitting both. I thank that person who introduce me on vaping. I can say now that I am smoke free :)

18. Alexander143

Alexander143 New Member

Both e-cigarettes and traditional cigarettes contain nicotine. But e-cigarettes contain less — between one-third to one-half as much.

19. Wilsen Rey Jiao

Wilsen Rey Jiao New Member

Vaping is definitely a lot better than smoking. Medical studies have proven that what you inhale in vape has less deadly substance than smoke. Long term study hasn't been done yet but the outlook is brighter on vape. That doesn't mean that vaping is healthy. It's just a lot safer than smoke, if you look at the negative effects. Personally, when I switched to vaping, I felt my sense of smell has gotten better. My lungs has felt better as well. It's a bit more addicting though at the start because I vaped higher amounts of nicotine. I chose to lessen the nicotine until I already vaped zero nic. Then I stopped vaping as well. Vaping is a great tool to quit smoking. I haven't smoked or vaped for 3 years now.

20. genelle

genelle New Member

I have tried them both and personally dislike them both. For one, smoking has some serious effects on health so we should always know the risk first before we venture into that. It's not just bad for you but also for the people who inhales your smoke. You are not only responsible for your health but in this case, for others as well. For vape, I don't like it since it gives off too much smoke which is just plain annoying. There are people who thinks that smoking vape in enclosed spaces would be okay because it doesn't have nicotine or something but they tend to forget that it gives off a whole lot of smoke, which is not okay for people with asthma. People can smoke, yes, but be considerate of other people.

21. macym

macym New Member

I used to smoke over a pack a day. I started vaping a couple years ago and I have been off of cigarettes since then! I quit vaping while I was pregnant, but I started vaping again a couple months after my son was born. I know there is still a lot of research about vaping and it’s effects on our health, however, I physically feel so much better since quitting smoking and starting vaping. Vaping has even helped me to increase my lung capacity. I would not encourage someone to start vaping though just because it seems cool. I only advise people to vape if they are trying to quit smoking and having a hard time.

22. ramo06

ramo06 New Member

Actually I don't do this both things, but if i choose between this two I preferred to choosing vaping against smoking. I know that vaping have still some side effect in our body. There are also possibility that may harm our body. But I guess there are some treatments about this vaping if ever it affect your body because those substances will just slowly go inside you in your body unlike smoking. We know that smoking are the one of the most dangerous habit right now. Though there are people really love to do smoke and they don't matter anymore the side effect about this stuff. And one thing is those bad substances will rapidly flow inside your body in which you are able to get lungs disease, lungs cancer, asthma and other dangerous diseases. I'm just wondering of them though they know already the effect of that but still they do the same. I'm just concern and worry for them because it can make them die. As far as I know, still there is no any treatment and medicine about this types of diseases. And the only thing that I can do for those people who are using this stuff is that they should stop what they are doing right now, I mean they should stop smoking as early as you can. It's not too late for you to stop smoke because you have still time to change your life and live long. Just do the right thing to avoid that kind of stuff because I know that it is not easy to move on about that things. Just be yourself in order to live long and live with your family happily.

23. angheloiudanut

angheloiudanut New Member

Vaping is lot better then smoking ,if u have to choose .Just think about the smokes how bad they are ,the smell,the bad taste,unhealthy substances,waste of money .

24. Balatszki_07

Balatszki_07 Member

Vaping vs. smoking. While none of these studies could address the long-term consequences of e-cigarettes on human health, the data underscore uncertainty among researchers reluctant to climb aboard the e-cigarette bandwagon. ... It's the act of burning and breathing smoke that's uniquely dangerous.

25. Ser

Ser New Member

I like to smoke a hookah, actually I am a big fan of hookah smoking, hookah is my life. I'm writing a blog post about it and you can see it here. instead of hookah, I tried to smoke cigarettes as well but cigarettes are garbage you can only have health issues from it. I love hookah because it really connecting people I meet my ex-girlfriend in a hookah bar here in Germany. Hookah is a better option than cigarettes or vaping but that is just my opinion.

26. janlabajan

janlabajan New Member

Smoking vs Vaping

I don’t smoke and also not fan on vaping but I really want to join to this discussions.

First let’s talk about smoking. Cause and its effect to your body.

Smoking - can cause lung disease by damaging your airways and the small air sacs (alveoli) found in your lungs. Lung diseases caused by smoking include COPD, which includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis. ... If you have asthma, tobacco smoke can trigger an attack or make an attack worse.

Heart

Smoking damages your heart and your blood circulation, increasing the risk of conditions such as coronary heart disease, heart attack, stroke, peripheral vascular disease (damaged blood vessels) and Cerebrovascular disease.

Stomach

Smokers have an increased chance of getting stomach cancer or ulcers. Smoking can weaken the muscle that controls the lower end of your gullet (esophagus) and allow acid from the stomach to travel in the wrong direction back up your gullet, a process known as reflux.

Lungs

Your lungs can be very badly affected by smoking. Coughs, colds, wheezing and asthma are just the start. Smoking can cause fatal diseases such as pneumonia, emphysema and lung cancer. Smoking causes 84% of deaths from lung cancer and 83% of deaths from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).

Now let’s talk about Viping. Cause and its effect to your body

Side effects of vaping are:

Dry mouth
    Dizziness
    Cough
    Dry skin
    Itchiness
    Dry eyes
    Insomnia (mainly a quitting side effect)
    Nosebleeds
    Bleeding gums [/list right]

I think it’s better to stop! you can’t earn Something good by smoking or viping.

27. melnun

melnun Member

I used to be a smoker, quit 10 years ago. I tried vaping just for fun and flavour but to me it still gives me the same headaches that smoking did.
    We all know nowadays that smoking is bad. And in the 50s there was nothing considered wrong with it.
    For all we know vaping could be the same. We think it’s safe now but who knows what they will find in 50 years from now.

28. vigilante999

vigilante999 New Member

I am a bit of an unhealthy smoking glutton. This is because i use both. Vaping in the Pub and Smoking outside it. If i had to pick one i would choose cigarettes or tobacco as it tastes more natural despite how unhealthy it is. I have tried many vaping liquids on some of them are just down right rotten. Vaping liquids can also taste quite "chemically" and not pleasant. Another aspect of vaping is that if your tank isn't set up right, or is too high, it can result in a severe coughing fit.

29. glykahipe03

glykahipe03 New Member

Actually I don't smoke and never tried using vape. But I already exeperience smoking but I never smoke again because when I did it I coughed really hard. Smoking can cause so many health problems and has so many bad effects on our body, studies shows that if you smoke the person that smells it well be more affected, smoking can cause cancer especially lung cancer and cancer in the throat. As I know vape is less harmful than smoking and it does not really affect the person that smells it. But for me it is better not to smoke or vape because cannot cause good effect in our health.

30. Joemax31

Joemax31 New Member

Vaping or E-cigarettes are no different from smoking. A lot of marketing strategies have bannered vape as a lesser evil since it doesnt contain the addictive substance found in plain cigarettes. However, a research has proven that vape also possess addictive substances that also produce unwanted effects in the long run.