Smoking vs Vaping

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by vincentlam0912, Mar 2, 2016.

?

Is one healthier than the other?

1. Smoking

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  2. Vaping

30 vote(s)
    81.1%
  1. Sonya L Walls

Sonya L Walls Member

Both vaping and smoking are constantly being studied. Choosing smoking over vaping is better, because you get that friendly reminder on the pack. With vaping, you read the instructions and find out. Who would want to search for the answer instead of automatically knowing? Choosing a cigarette over vaping is my choice. It makes more sense.

2. Celea

Celea New Member

On my opinion, smoking and vaping are just the same though cigarette has much chemicals than vape. But there's no such study that can support vape has no bad effect on health. It also contains nicotine and other chemical that are causing undesirable effect on our body, maybe it is present in a very small amount but remember those chemicals has no essential function but toxic effect to our body. For me cigarette smoking is much toxic than vape but it doesn't mean that vape has a good effect.

3. rygen

rygen New Member

None. It is better to stop smoking than to switch to vape. It is proven that using e-cigarette is still harmful to our heath. Just search some ideas how to stop smoking cigarette. It's better to stop in now before you suffer to the illness you might get from smoking. There's a lot ways to stop it. Have faith to stop it now for your own good.

4. shishaheart

shishaheart New Member

I believe that vaping is a lot better than smoking. I used to smoke for more than 4 years and switched to vaping. Since then, I never caught again. I felt stronger and felt like I had better stamina. I eventually got rid of the vaper as well since I quit nicotine forever. My only relation with nicotine is smoking hookah. I really like it, I even have a website that I am writing posts about hookahs. I created an article that compares smoking cigarettes with hookah if anyone likes to read about it here

5. julian311

julian311 New Member

Vaping is more safer than smoking cigarette, and have different kind of smell that you can choose.

6. Marc Blazer

Marc Blazer New Member

Smoking vs Vaping? I have not tried both and I have no plans of trying both :D. You know why? Because both of that is dangerous to my health I don’t know why that things are created. It is killing people slowly and I hate it. Yes, it entertains some people for their chills and relaxations. But both of that things destroy the internal body of a person and it has a substance that makes a person addicted to that thing.
    I know that it is created for businesses purposes and it is created not to make our lives great but to make the lives of the creators more productive and would enjoy our money by their products.
    I recommend that if your using both of that thing you must stop if you want your live your life longer you know that what you are doing right now would be judge by your future life and regret is always found when it is too late. Learn to be wise is not all about swag and being cool. Sometimes it is more cooler if your healthy and your not unique from other peoples.

7. W130SN

W130SN New Member

There is still a lot that we do not know about the long term effects of Vaping on the human body but I think it is pretty clear that it is likely to be less harmful than smoking.

I have been a smoker for many many years but recently gave up and started Vaping. It takes awhile to get used to but has helped me quit cigarettes. I intend to carry on vaping for the next 12 months whilst lowering the amount of nicotine in the e-liquids.

Hopefully I will be able to quit vaping after a year and be smoke free.

8. JACONiAH

JACONiAH New Member

Well, I am a smoker and as a smoker, I don’t use vape for the reason of security. My friend is one of a victim of vape. His vape explodes due to overheat.

I know that it is harmful but it’s better than to experience such horrible thing. Right?
    But I don’t actully recommend and if you plan to try. I say, DON’T EVER DO IT.

9. akirasalunay

akirasalunay New Member

Vaping is Safer According to numerous scientific and medical studies, inhaling vapor from e-cigarettes is far less harmful than inhaling cigarette smoke. In fact, an authority on the subject department of Health has come out publicly stating that e-cigarettes are about 95% less harmful than traditional cigarettes.Vaping Cuts Back on Second Hand Smoke – Since you are inhaling a vapor, rather than smoke, not only is it safer for you, but also for those around you.

10. Leezandra

Leezandra New Member

I used to smoke for years and enjoy it too! After being sick allot by getting sinusitis every time I lit up a cigarette I gave up, but because I loved smoking so much I decided to start vaping. I flat out started with a 0mg nicotine mix which worked for me and I enjoyed it for about two months. For some reason I dint crave it anymore and completely stopped, not only me but my husband as well. This came as a big surprise to us as we didn't even try to stop, that was a year ago and we still don't want to smoke. So I would say definitely vaping as I enjoyed it, it was cheaper and it took away my smoking habits.:thumbsup:

11. tekentek

tekentek New Member

I did smoking and I also tried vaping. But til now it's hard for me to quit. Inorder to satisfied my mouth to hit some smoke, I always think of a thing that is much necessary than to smoke and all ends in nothing . But I put on my mind and put my self focus to stop myself to crave to hit some smoke but still craving for smoke attacked me slowly. And now I regret for the days that I started. And now as a part of my challenge for myself ,I throw away all the things associated with ciggarettes. As a result, I am proud that I slowly practice to stop this vices . By keeping myself busy. Having my chewing gum on pocket. It helps a lot. There is no difference between the two they are the same. I would not advice anyone to try to take this whether a cigarette or vape.

12. babeclemen18

babeclemen18 New Member

If i am to be ask.. I prefer vaping because there are no nicotine and much safer than the regular cigarrs.

13. RoelMartin27

RoelMartin27 New Member

Vaping is less riskier than smoking cigarette as it minimizes the tendency of getting lung cancer and other diseases. It will also prevent other people from being expose from smoke. Study shows that the second receiver of the smoke that comes from the user is more at risk than the user itself. The number of affected people is increasing and the government is now making ways how to prevent the said cause of illness that the people experience from the smoke itself. They said that vaping is one of the alternative of preventing it.

14. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Using Vape/E-cigarette is just as harmful as the traditional smoke cigarette. For many years it was believed that Vaping or using E-cigarette is better than smoking the traditional cigarette through the great efforts of marketing industries and advertisements, but its not! The mist of the vape/e-cigarette contains PG which if consumed in large quantities can cause eye irritation and upper respiratory tract infection, Even the flavorings that are being used for Vapes are being studied and was said to potentially cause "popcorn lung".

15. Nicanicnix

Nicanicnix New Member

Vaping seems to be advertised as less hazardous or "healthier" than cigarettes when in fact there are still not enough studies to support these claims because it's a relatively new technology. Smokers feel that since they're vaping, they are kinder to their body especially their lungs when in fact some short term studies are already providing data that the substances used in vape juice may also be damaging to the user's body in the long run. So I say to smokers just stick to the cigarettes, at least you know what you're up against because it has been studied for years on end. Or better yet quit smoking completely rather than shifting to vape.

16. ruzel1919

ruzel1919 New Member

I tried smoking cigars before but I never tried vaping. Electronic cigarettes become famous right after I quit smoking. In my opinion, both are not healthy for they are not really what we need. Smoking is proven to be a treat to our body and I believe vaping too can have its bad effects in the long run. Our body can live without vaping or smoking so let us live a healthy life for our own sake.

17. simon2018

simon2018 New Member

There is a big difference between vaping (vaporizing) & smoking cannabis for example & vaping is definitely much healthier & much more pleasant as well. Vaping is also much more efficient. When you smoke, you inhale carbon monoxide and many other harmful chemicals which are very harsh on your lungs. Vaping basically heats the substance enough to release its essence, such as THC without burning the substance & releasing the harmful chemicals. Vaping is much better than smoking, very good invention.

18. awut1234

awut1234 New Member

In every day life we can encounter a lots of hardship and stress in our surrounding and environment. So many people are trying to escape in that situation. The effect of tobacco is to relieve stress and encouragement of their friends to join them in the bad way just like smoking. Tar in cigarettes coats the lungs and can cause lung and throat cancer in smokers. It is also responsible for the yellow brown staining on smokers’ fingers and teeth. Carbon monoxide in cigarettes reduces the amount of oxygen available to the muscles, brain and blood. This means the whole body especially the heart must work harder. Over time this causes airways to narrow and blood pressure to rise, which can lead to heart attack and stroke.

19. Aldegar101

Aldegar101 Member

My preferred reply to this is, "It almost certainly cannot be worse for you than smoking."

The real reason most health professionals will hedge on this question is, the really harmful sequelae of smoking don't show until 20-40 years of continuous use. Therefore, few researchers or doctors are willing to give their 100% blessing to the technology.

However, it is difficult to overestimate just how awful for you cigarette smoke is. The process of both curing and burning the leaves creates a plethora of organic molecules, which screw up both your respiratory and circulatory system in all sorts of complex ways. E-cigs usually don't generate enough heat to create these molecules.* Meanwhile, the nicotine gets further activated by MAOIs and other unexplored psychoactive compounds to work quicker and harder than the distilled nicotine in vapes.*

So yes, there is the possibility that repeated exposure will have consequences; think about rubbing your arm for two seconds, nothing happens. Think about doing it for 15 minutes every two hours for 30 years, and you'll see bone. However, if you can get off cigarettes with vaping, do it.** You're very unlikely to end up worse off.

----

*Note that some customized vapor devices have been recorded torching the contents to the point where carcinogenic compounds are expressed; overheating the liquid also raises the nicotine content. This is one of the other areas that make docs nervous to recommend vapor devices--there's no consistency from rig to rig.

**Completely off them. The rule of thumb for avoiding long-term harm is nothing over 4 cigs a day, but any active cigarette smoking habit makes it more likely you will go back to regular smoking, since, again, they give you a much more intense nic rush.

20. doitright

doitright New Member

As a former smoker for over 20 years and currently vaping for over a year steadily I can tell you that vaping and smoking are totally different things and should not even be compared. The ingredients are totally different and vaping liquids do not contain any ingredients that alarm me. I really feel like a non-smoker. I do admit that I am addicted to vaping, but I really enjoy it and need to use it at this point in my life. I also agree that it is better not to smoke or vape, but I do not think that it is very urgent for me to quit soon.

21. nidheeshcr

nidheeshcr New Member

Why do you do that? Industries are polluting our environment at its best. You too?

22. gemmarae

gemmarae New Member

I smoked cigarettes for years, but I currently vape. Vaping is certainly healthier, and more preferable. You don't get the smell that sticks to you for hours and you can do it indoors. Since I've started using an e-cig, I've cut down my cigarette usage from a pack every two days to a pack a month, at most. My lungs and throat certainly thank me.

It's still not as healthy as not smoking altogether, but if the question is which one is healthier, the clear answer is vaping.

23. lisa.beth

lisa.beth New Member

I'm surprised bу sоmе оf thе negative comments here. Vaping іs miracle аnd оnе thаt shоuld bе embraced bу аnуbоdу seeking tо completely gіvе uр traditional smoking. Іt іs а fraction оf thе cost, thе "hit" іs јust thе sаmе оnсе уоu аrе usеd tо іt аnd consider thе health benefits (yes, І gеt thе "unknown factor" argument but it is mоst сеrtаіnlу safer thаn traditional smoking). І hаvе vaped fоr 4 years аnd will nеvеr gо back. І dоn't gеt thе "gateway" argument - thеrе rеаllу іs nо substitute tо taste аnd іn mу opinion mоrе socially accepted. Тhе smell іsn't thаt bad! Аnd аs fоr comparing inhaling someone's vapour tо breathing іn а fart..... оh соmе on! Whаt dо уоu thіnk you're breathing whеn you're іn thе tube? Оf course (this іs thе раrt whеrе уоu shоuld рut оn уоur tin foil hats, people) thе govt I'm surе wоuld hate tо lose аll thаt lovely tax revenue frоm ciggies.... but іt shоuld mоrе thаn offset thе cost tо thе NHS wіth lеss people bесоmіng ill (yes, fоr now..... І gеt it!).

Totally recommend іt аs а ciggie substitute, but dоn't skimp оn kit. Тhе cheap оnеs will blow uр but investing іn а quality bit оf kit (vape shops аll оvеr thе place now) іs а great investment аnd enhances thе experience. Тhе journo іs rіght though, thе best thing іs tо dо neither....maybe оnе day І'll stop......new year's resolution......perhaps.

24. vinzero6

vinzero6 Member

smoking ., the cigarette why did you really and air ranges I than vaping even hurt to the body we borrowed really prevent smoking especially when new cain looking I really the cigarettes especially when bow to bow or so that iinip I'm on the waiting time cigarette really what I'm looking for difficulties prevent

25. OzachG

OzachG New Member

I cant stand vaping. If your going to smoke why not just smoke the real thing? To me the big smoke clouds and smells are just weird. Maybe it is a little more non-toxic to vape but if your gonna take a chance at all on ruining your health I say grab you a pack of smokes.

26. spurs1958

spurs1958 New Member

The answer is simple, neither. We already know of the dangers of smoking, lung cancer, respiratory disease, , premature ageing etc, as yet we do not know if vaping is safe, in fact early signs are that it may well be just as bad as smoking. For anyone who does smoke i have great sympathy and I'm sure giving up is very difficult, i have been fortunate in that I have never had a desire to smoke so it's hard for me to understand, but please keep trying you will really feel a great benefit very quickly. Sorry for preaching.

27. nicomallo

nicomallo New Member

I won't deny that I am a smoker but I am trying to quit, well it is not that easy thou I have a promise to my wife that I will stop it for our baby. I am planning to use vape as my alternative way while I am on the process of quitting smoking. I have research that there is a good benefit and bad benefit of using vape, I still wanna give it a try because I admit that sometimes I am craving for cigarette. I already tried vape before well the juice taste so good and I am loving it. I would like to quit and be healthy at the same time. I know that it is our choice so I wanna start it before it is too late.

28. gregcarlo

gregcarlo New Member

Vaping is safer because you can choose the amount of nicotine you'll be inhaling or can even choose no nicotine juices.

29. Will_post_4_food

Will_post_4_food New Member

I just listened to an National Public Radio story on smoking vs. vaping in the car while driving to work. Hands down vaping is less harmful than smoking, the doctors on the program agreed overwhelmingly. All of the harmful added chemicals in cigarettes makes that pretty obvious. The less obvious impact on health for both forms of smoking was the irreversible damage that occurs to the tissue that acts as a filter for your lungs. I forget what they called the tissues in medical terms, but apparently once its damaged the harm is permanent. Does anyone know what that tissue is called?

30. Willy1984

Willy1984 Member

There are a studies published this year beginning to reveal the health effects of e-cigarettes, and they are not all positive. Scientists have also found evidence of toxic metals like lead in e-cigarettes vapor, and a new study suggest vaping me be linked with an increased risk of heart attacked.