Smoking vs Vaping

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by vincentlam0912, Mar 2, 2016.

?

Is one healthier than the other?

1. Smoking

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  2. Vaping

30 vote(s)
    81.1%
  1. jovanne004

jovanne004 New Member

It is better to vape than to smoke.

Smoking a cigarette leads to smoke inhalation but using an ecigarette involves inhaling a vapour. Unlike cigarettes, ecigarettes do not produce tar or carbon monoxide. They do include additives and flavourings. This has led to another criticism of vaping: it lures people into smoking. Vaping has been endorsed by health experts after the first long-term study of its effects in ex-smokers, ITV News reports.

2. 0strich0377

0strich0377 New Member

I used to be a heavy smoker. And we all know that it is unhealthy. When I found out about vaping, I gave it a try. And the result was good enough for me. So I switched to vaping from smoking. Now I no longer smoke and vape. Now, I can say that vaping is far more better than smoking.

3. lessurmitch

lessurmitch Member

For me it is not so dangerous to your health if you use vape rather than smoking. Vape has low amount of nicotine compared to cigarettes. But vape can also be harmful, I've watched videos that if you can't be able to properly fill the vape, it will explode. Better be very careful if you really want to use vape than cigarettes. And it is also your choice if you don't want to lessen your span of life or you just have to "yolo" (you only live once). ;)

4. Kinlove17

Kinlove17 New Member

Cigarettes are expensive. Imagine how much money a smoker can save by quitting. Quitting most importantly is dangerous to one's health and those that are around smokers. I believe vaping is less harmful to one's body and to those that are around vapers.

5. abowman51

abowman51 New Member

Just based off my personal experience, I believe vaping is better for you. I say that because when I quit smoking and starting vaping I felt a lot healthier. Purely anecdotal, I know, but it helped me. Like OP said, it's definitely not worse than real cigarettes.

6. grahamc

grahamc New Member

It's better if you just stop smoking or vaping because any of those kills. It is also adds polution to our environment that maybe soon we regret. It is also one of the main causes of respiratory diseases and failures. That's why either of the one is better than the other. Instead of buying vape juices or cigarettes use that money to invest in your future. Your healthy future.

7. Zircrenzo

Zircrenzo New Member

8. Markjim

Markjim Member

According to my knowledge vaping or E cigarettes are just the same in smoking because it also contain nicotine which is addictive substance and dangerous to human body, smoking also contain nicotine that is dangerous. I dont understand why it is not declared illegal in our country but their is an ordinance that will arrest you when you smoke in public place like street,and wayside which is good to anybody that hate the smoke cloud.

9. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

If it endangers your health, don't do it.

10. heocon

heocon New Member

Cigarretes is better about the taste. Vaping is more like you drink a cup of soda or eat a candy while smoke a cigarrette is like you drink a glass of brandy, a strong volka although the amount of nicotine is the same. Some studies recently said that vaping also have some bad consequence about health such as cancer, respiratory system disease. So for me, I choose smoking because I'm familiar with it. After working a long day, I want to smoke a blunt and enjoy the life. That's all.

11. Jefferytasos

Jefferytasos New Member

Vaping is cool but smoking cigarettes is deadly,I only recommend smoking herbs

12. Weszleyyyyy5

Weszleyyyyy5 New Member

I prefer vaping over smoking, but when we are concerned with our health, I think both of it should be stopped.
    Smoking is very harmful to our body and it is considered as one of the lethal activities that human does. Smoking causes about 80% of all deaths from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
    Vaping also has shocking dangers on your health. The flavoring on the vapes contains chemical 2,3-pentanedione and diacetyl which can destroy the lungs' smallest airways in a result of lung condition known as bronchiolitis obliterans or "popcorn lung". It also contains nicotine though in smaller amount compared to cigarettes which are a harmful substance to our body.

13. CherryMae1821

CherryMae1821 New Member

In my opinion vaping and smoking are most likely desame. You inhale smoke and exhale it after. The difference is you smoke using electronic cigarrette with or without nicotine. But try to think of it, You still smoke. There are still harmful effect in you body.

14. jeanmichael

jeanmichael New Member

Vaping is the best choice. I have have been smoking for 15 years I used vaping to quit smoking and vaping. I can now feel the difference I can run further and faster. I don't crave anymore and my time has become more.

15. mimi93aly

mimi93aly New Member

I tried both vaping and smoking. For me, Somking is addictive. When I smoke I can't stop till my chest is aching. I used to consume 1-2 packs of cigarette per day. I can finish 3 packs of cigarette if I'm stressed. That is how addictive cigarrete is. But when I started vaping I liked it because of the e-cigarrete juice. I love the minty ones. But it's so inconvenient you need to bring juice, extra battery and tools in case the build or the cotton got ruined. I eneded up smoking again cuz i can buy cigarrete anywhere. They say if you switch to vaping its lesser the nicotine but i think its the same. You can get water to the lungs because of the vaping which is also dangerous to the lungs. There is no healthy way of inhaling smoke. The healthy way is to QUIT QUIT QUIT!!!

16. sar

sar New Member

cigarette is the bad thing for those who are new but it is the life for user.

17. Shuby415

Shuby415 New Member

Our body and lungs require air, anything else besides that would be consider unhealthy. If i had to choose, vaporizing be the winner, mainly because your not inhaling real smoke. Its consider and is almost like inhaling steam but with more additives. I notice when i vaped more often my cardio and stamina would be better than if i smoked.

18. Ayhie

Ayhie Member

Honestly I don't like cigarettes but I prefer to choose vaping or e-cigarettes because its less harmful than smoking. Smoking affect every organ of our body because it contains nicotine, tar, carbon monoxide, hydrogen cyanide, arsenic and more. Smoking and second-hand smoking are one of the causes of heart disease that leads to death. These are the effects of smoking, psoriasis, cancer, emphysema, wrinkling, discolored finger, deformed sperm, cataracts, hearing loss, tooth decay, osteoporosis, stomach ulcers, cervical cancer and miscarriage and buerger's disease. While vaping is tobacco-free and completely odorless. Less harmful chemicals and toxins are used in e-cigarettes. You can control your own intake and most of vape users felt fitter after switching from smoking to vaping.
    Quitting smoking is one of the best things you can do for your health

19. jpvelascooo

jpvelascooo Member

The latest research findings are… it seems vaping is much safer than smoking.
    Although recently, the UK government has requested for more research into the full effects, and potential health concerns in relation to vaping over cigarettes in the long run because vaping is a new vice. We know the dangers of smoking, but it will take time for the scientists to analyse, and research the health benefits of vaping over smoking.

Another problem: the people whom I see vape, (resembling chimneys), vape far more often than the people whom I see smoking cigarettes, They call it vaping, but all I see is smoke pouring out their faces.
    I've also noticed many shops now popping up catering specifically for vapers, to try to make it cool and fashionable, and encouraging more people to vape just because the government has said vaping is safer than regular smoking. They can even vape indoors, unlike smoking.

An analogy: take white sugar and brown sugar. They are both bad, but one’s not as bad as the other.
    The pollution we’re forced to breathe in on a daily basis is bad enough, why add more ‘voluntarily’ to the mix.

My personal opinion, and stating the obvious, for ultimate health, without the risk or worry or concern, don’t smoke or vape, and do you really have to choose between the two.

smoking is worse than vaping…. but who knows what the government and scientists will say in 10 years time! They have been mistaken many times before.

20. sirlambchop

sirlambchop New Member

I think there isn't enough research on vaping to know if it is truly worse or not. It took a few decades for doctors to figure out that smoking was actually bad for people, so we need another decade or two of research on vaping to truly know how bad it is. There's probably going to be long term effects of vaping on people, and it hasn't been very long, so we'll know which ones worse once we get there in a decade or two.

21. Jahro05

Jahro05 New Member

The increase in e-cigarette use, particularly among young people, is a dangerous trend with real health risks. For many reasons, e-cigarettes should not be promoted as a safe alternative to smoking.

While fewer people are smoking or starting to smoke than ever before, many are using other forms of tobacco and electronic nicotine delivery systems. The increase in e-cigarette use (also called vaping) by kids and young people in recent years is a serious public health threat.

The battery-operated devices come in many forms and can look like conventional cigarettes, pens or even sleek tech gadgets. Users inhale and exhale a vapor-like aerosol. This way of taking in nicotine poses health risks to both users and non-users.

22. omarmena4

omarmena4 New Member

None. I think smoking is the dumbest habit humans have.

23. A1serb

A1serb New Member

I’ve been smoking cigarettes for over 10 years and totally destroyed my lungs and stamina. I just recently took the E cig route and all I can say is that it totally changed my life around. I’m finally starting to get my breath back and my teeth are not as yellow as they once were. Overall I’m starting to feel healthy again !

24. Smcts1978

Smcts1978 New Member

I haven't tried both of that. When I get closer to people who used it, I asked my self why they are enjoying it? The taste and smell are not comfortable with me. I find it so unpleasant to my breath and taste.

25. Smcts1978

Smcts1978 New Member

Honestly, I don't get satisfied answered from the survey, why people fun to vaping and smoking.
    From any point of view, I didn't find it helpful in solving problems, any type of problem.

26. Pepple

Pepple New Member

Vaping is less toxic than smoking, but it's still not healthy. E-cigarettes heat nicotine, flavorings and other chemicals to generate a water steam that you breathe. Conventional tobacco cigarettes contain many toxic chemicals.

27. josuel10

josuel10 New Member

I would say is do not try them both, because they offer same concept which is smoking, Smoking is very bad to our health specially on our lungs quit it now before it's to late.

28. Keyway

Keyway Member

Unless it's CBD, it's probably not going to be a top choice. I never tried vape tobacco, I have had CBD pens, I felt at least a little safer smoking that. If you rolling the dice with vaping, you might as well try to put a health benefit on it.

29. GaryNewman

GaryNewman Member

I voted for vaping because that is what is considered 'safer' for now. While there have been many studies conducted that the tobacco in smoking is harmful to the body, there have not been that many studies about vaping yet, nor can there be of long term effects of these. Therefore, since nothing has been really proven yet, vaping is 'safer' for now..Heh.