Story Inspiration

Discussion in 'Freelance Writing Challenges' started by alyssadower, Dec 28, 2017.

1. alyssadower

alyssadower New Member

Where do you look to find inspiration to start a fictional story?

What do you like to plan before you start writing?

2. novace5

novace5 New Member

First, think of the people, things or place that you are so interested and knowledgeable with and importantly loved, so you can have a good inspiration on the things you writing, because maybe later you will stop writing once you don't have any inspiration and becomes boring.

3. Abijah Abdiel Yutuc

Abijah Abdiel Yutuc New Member

Story Inspiration. The best story inspiration is my life. Because in all the challenges come, I faced it with all of my heart. I believed GOD has a purpose and plan. If there was problem search for a solution not searching another problem. Remember what is your purpose in life and who is your inspiration. Do want you want because life is to short. Be happy in all the blessing and be good to others.

Lilly03 likes this.
  4. rope16

rope16 New Member

All writers have theirs to share. You cant create a good story without having inspirations. Maybe somewhat a writer may have a story without it but I doubt it will be a good one.

5. bubbledie

bubbledie New Member

Story Inspiration

For me the best story inspiration came from our OWN EXPERIENCE, when we encountered some challenges in our life, when we are feeling down, when we are feeling broken, when some one left us that was really important to us, that's what i get the best inspiration because its like telling your own story to other is like giving the another hope to another soul that there is a sun after the rain. :)

6. yennx

yennx New Member

Well that depends on the type of story you want, horror, love story and many more. But first, ask yourself, "why would i write a fictional story, is it because i love writing and it's my hobby? After realizing some things i'm asking you this, 'whom would you dedicate it to?'... Answer that and you'll know where to find your inspiration.
    In planning, of course you have to pick if it would be more of a horror type or romance type. It all starts with what you want it to be and what are your thoughts. After that, you would have to pick a story or a situation, more of a plot, who are the characters and what are they portraying, if you already decided, start the story, and be sure to stick on your base which is the plot you've first created and scenes will just flow out of your mind, creating twists and turns, and that's it!

7. Lilly03

Lilly03 New Member

Inspiration pretty much can come from anywhere, anything and anytime. Real inspiration comes from a place so deep inside you that at times it feels like you cannot put it into. Real inspiration inspires others and leaves a lasting legacy.

8. Ednadhet

Ednadhet New Member

It’s easy to construct a story when inspired because the experience of your’s is there. You could easily think of what to write and the irresistable feeling of excitement in every word that comes in you is overflowing.

9. Agreed. The best fictional stories are often non-fictional, in a sense. To Kill a Mocking Bird would be a good example. I once submitted a fictional work to my creative writing class in college. Despite being categorized as 'non-fiction', it was very much a personal recount. The story revolves around the life of a Chinese girl, who has been neglected at home because her family wanted a boy, and how she fled her home one day to work in the city, only to find that that the city is full of threats and is even more dangerous for innocent and simple-minded country girls like her. The idea came naturally to me, and there was no writer's block whatsoever. Writers often write best when they write from their own experiences, and I find it very true myself too.