Street foods

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by GLADZ, Feb 3, 2019.

1. GLADZ

GLADZ New Member

What is your favorite street food?

2. romilda

romilda Member

I don't like street foods nowadays.

3. Jax11

Jax11 New Member

My favorite all time street food is Mexican Street Corn. It was probably my first legitimate "street food" I had back in the 80 when my wife and I were on Honeymoon in Mexico. It's pretty easy to make at home, too and when our church group has potluck picnics, this is what I always make. It's simple and delicious and only requires a handful of ingredients carried in any grocery chain - 6 to 8 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed, 1/2 cup Mexican crema, or sour cream, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup minced cilantro, 1 clove garlic, minced, 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper, to taste, 2 teaspoons lime zest, from one lime, 2 tablespoon lime juice, from one lime, 1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled. Lime wedges can be added when you serve it as well. We make this a lot when we go camping, too. It's a perfect campfire food!

4. gabrielapostu

gabrielapostu Member

I don't eat street food, i just cook at home. Street food is unsanitary.

5. Jeahan08

Jeahan08 Member

My boyfriend and I date sometimes in streets, and eat a lot of street foods we enjoy it. We ate fish ball , kwek-Kwek kikkiam and barbecue of course.

6. Twinklebisnar

Twinklebisnar Member

I love streetfoods because they are so delicious and they are cheap that anyone can afford.

7. marcbarredo13

marcbarredo13 Member

I hate to say this but street foods are not safe for us. It can irritate our gut and havoc our immune system. Eating street foods might cause you cancer. Street foods are unsanitary due to the exposure to pollutants and street foods are cooked in recycled vegetable oil which will triple the negative effects of it. Try to buy fresh foods and benefit from it. :)

8. zmdg27

zmdg27 New Member

Sometimes I crave for streetfoods though I know it is not that safe to eat especially if we are not sure how it is prepared.

9. Bcaluag

Bcaluag Member

I like street foods because in every street food we found in different area of the worlds especially asian country tells a story about their culture and their way of living. They always have a history to tell.

10. zoemarie123

zoemarie123 New Member

In the US we don't have a lot of street food the same way as other countries do. In New York there are the infamous hot dog stands, but I've never really been a fan of those. Sometimes I will eat from food trucks which are essentially street food. But food trucks are so varied and also highly regulated so it really is almost the same experience as eating from a restaurant.

11. BheiiSam07

BheiiSam07 New Member

There are so many kinds of street foods here in my country which is the Philippines and it it so delicious. We have fish balls. chicken balls, kikiam, kwek-kwek (quail eggs). isaw and bilog bilog (grilled intestines of chicken and pig), betamax (blood of pig) ice cream sandwich, bananaque and more. My favorite is the dirty ice cream in sandwich. It's clean but it is named dirty ice cream because it is street-peddled ice cream. It's price is cheaper than the ice creams stores in the mall but it is also delicious and creamy. Every vendors are selling different ice cream flavor but my favorite is avocado and cheese. You can also try it in cone or in plastic cup. It's worth it and you will like it :)

12. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

I go for chicharon bulaklak. That's deep-fried pig's intestine. Others that I like a are peanuts, fish balls and battered squid. When I feel the need to satisfy my hunger, street food hits the spot. Those are my choices.

13. mayimayi

mayimayi Member

Isaw and kwek kwek are the best!

14. ariieskid

ariieskid Member

As a Filipino, Philippine Streetfoods is really affordable. Streetfoods here are delicious (for me) and there are a lot to choose from with super low prices. Though eating streetfoods isn't healthy also because it might affect your body.

15. jeda30

jeda30 Member

I love sweet corn with cheese.

1 person likes this.
  16. yhanmar08

yhanmar08 Member

I love street food.But my all tune favorite streetfood is isaw. I really love isaw. Though i ate it just sonetime beacause it has a bad effects our health. I can resist isaw once i smell it i, really want to eat that.

17. wendeluxe

wendeluxe New Member

Street foods are the best! Growing up in the Philippines of course I have tried every street foods. Though you can say sometimes it's unsanitary, there are some street foods that are clean. Street foods are my favorite Merienda. Like banana cue, Turon, Fishball, kwek, kwek, isaw and palamigs like gulaman.

You can't go wrong with street foods here in the Philippines. WIth just 20 pesos in your hand, your tummy will be satisfied! :thumbsup:

18. seyerelagsti

seyerelagsti New Member

I love our street foods here in our country, Philippines. It's affordable and delicious! There are also street foods of other countries sold in some stalls here and it's a good try. I suggest that we should be conscious and picky sometimes on what kind of stalls of food cart because not all street foods are clean and healthy especially if out stomach is sensitive. Also, don't forget to drink water after eating those foods to cleanse up everything.

19. quercitron

quercitron Member

Street foods may not be the most sanitary thing we consume but it definitely plays a big role when it comes to the country's culture. It is also affordable for everyone.

Growing up in the Philippines, there's an abundant types of street food. Filipinos are known to be creative in various ways, this include street foods. Starting off with a soy-based delight, Taho. For merienda, which refers to a light meal taken during brunch or late afternoon, I've always loved Turon and banana cue, along with that sweet Halo-halo. For a less sweet alternative, may I suggest having a saging con yelo or a mais con yelo, just to beat the heat from that scorching sun. There's also a few ice cream vendors passing by every noon time with their ever famous, Sorbetes.
    Of course, the Ihaw-ihaw also makes it on top of the favourite list. Since I rarely eat red meat, I mostly eat chicken barbecue. When the evening comes, there's the all famous food challenge for foreigners. The Balut (fertilized duck embryo) and the Penoy (unfertilized duck embryo).

This list is only a few and most commonly found in my area. There are wider varieties of street food as you venture around the country. Especially in the southern islands of Visayas and Mindanao.

20. Ayhie

Ayhie Member

Philippines street food is the best like kwek-kwek, fried Isaw, barbeque and more. Although some street food is not safe to eat because we don't know how they prepared it still many Filipinos are still eating it. That's why I learned how to cook street foods at home so I can make sure that it is safe and clean to eat specially my family.

21. Anj1018

Anj1018 Member

Here in the Philippines, there are a lot of varieties when it comes to street food. There's Pares and mami that you can eat at the side street, you can eat fishballs or kikiam and if you want to drink there will always be buko juice beside it or gulaman. If you want something exotic, balut and penoy will be waiting for you. I think the best and unique kind of street food in the Philippines is the isaw and other grilled internal organs of pig and chicken which may sound disgusting but actually tastes sooooo good. So i really recommend for people or foreigner to try it because it will be a great experience.

22. Charies

Charies Member

I love to eat tempura, fish ball and sweetcorn.

23. bads05

bads05 Member

I am from Philippines, and there are lots of different street foods such as kwek-kwek, barbeque, banana que, and lot more. and I prefer Banana Que with Buco Softdrinks...

24. quercitron

quercitron Member

Street food is indeed far from being sanitary. It tends to be carcinogenic and is prone to food poisoning if proper preparations are not met.

Even if it has its cons, it brings out the culture of the place. It's where people from all stature of life could get along since it's affordable. It also brings out the creative trait in each vendor, being able to create a cuisine from the simplest ingredients/materials.

25. donald78

donald78 Member

I love street foods. Here in the Philippines, we do have a lot of varieties when it comes to street foods. You can go outside the street and enjoy the pleasant display of food, especially at night time. Everything is affordable.

26. Larormie

Larormie New Member

I know that street foods are not really safe but I'm a sucker for it! I love buying isaw and chicken skin after school. I study in PUP here in the Philippines, and outside our campus there are a lot of street food vendors. It's just impossible to avoid it :laugh: