STRESS

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by vijayadurga v, Jun 6, 2016.

1. vijayadurga v

vijayadurga v New Member

Stress is a reaction of the body in order to adapt to a difficult or dangerous situation. The body is a mobile chemistry lab. Any stress /thought /worry /anxiety leads to secretion of enzymes from various glands. All this adds up to enhancement of the oxidation process at cellular level

2. edz26

edz26 Member

A term we usually heard when we are in the situation of mental or emotional tension resulting from very demanding circumstances example emotional problem cause by depression, anxiety anger, grief and lose self esteem, which can affect your body and thoughts. Later on can contribute to many health problems like heart diseases, increase blood pressure, and obesity.

1 person likes this.
  3. aeriajel

aeriajel New Member

Stress can negatively affect our immune system and make us more vulnerable to infection and disease. The chemical reactions triggered by stressful situations result in an onslaught of stress hormones being pumped around the body while these hormones are useful in acute situations. Their ability to interfere with the immune system can result in inflammation, reduced white blood cells and a higher susceptibility to infection and tissue damage. It can affect our immune system in two ways by creating chronic inflammation that harms tissues and by suppressing immune cells needed to fight infection.

4. JeetKuneDo

JeetKuneDo New Member

Break the Stress habit: Effective technique in developing a Peaceful Mind is the daily practice of silence. Go alone into the quietest place available to you and sit or lie down for fifteen minutes and practice the art of silence. This process of Mind drainage is important in overcoming Stress, for fear thoughts, unless drained off, can clog the Mind and impede the flow of mental and spiritual power. But such thoughts can be emptied from the mind and will not accumulate if they are elliminated daily. To drain them, utilize a process of creative imagination. Conceive of yourself as actually emptying your Mind of all Anxiety and Fear. Picture all worry thoughts. As flowing out as you would let water flow from a basin by removing the stopper.

5. injerah

injerah New Member

Stress is your body's way of responding to any kind of demand. It can be caused by both good and bad experiences. When people feel stressed by something going on around them, their bodies react by releasing chemicals into the blood. These chemicals give people more energy and strength, which can be a good thing if their stress is caused by physical danger. But this can also be a bad thing, if their stress is in response to something emotional and there is no outlet for this extra energy and strength. This class will discuss different causes of stress, how stress affects you, the difference between 'good' or 'positive' stress and 'bad' or 'negative' stress, and some common facts about how stress affects people today.

6. Karlee88

Karlee88 New Member

People have very different ideas with respect to their definition of stress. For me, stress is a physical, mental, or emotional strain or tension. A condition or feeling experienced when a person perceives that demands exceed the personal and social resources the individual is able to mobilize.

7. Abicdefghi

Abicdefghi New Member

I never knew that stress can impact greatly in my health, until it hit me. It just took a week of great stress at work. At first I thought it’s was my bodies natural respond to the changes in the weather because I get seek very often. Until my body was already screaming and can’t take it any longer. So I desided to get checked by a doctor. And after the tests were done. I came home with a diagnosis. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I had a genetic pre disposition to the disease but I didn’t see it coming. The doctor says maybe it was triggered by stress. It’s just because I let stress get the best out of me now I have to be in thyroid replacement medication for a long time and it does not come cheap.

8. ajahmedani

ajahmedani New Member

Stress is a fear to afraid of depriving of something. These factors are things, job, health, wealth or life. As per Islamic religious and facts of science prostration (bowing to God) in prayers is best cure of stress. When he bows to God. Blood circulates to upper portion of body, consequently the nerval system became stable and he feels himself free of stress.

9. orozcojessamae

orozcojessamae New Member

Stress is a natural human response to pressure when faced with challenging and sometimes dangerous situations.
    That pressure is not only about what’s happening around us, but often also about demands we place on ourselves.
    Experiencing stress is part of being alive and some stress helps increase our alertness and energy to meet challenging situations.
    If stress lasts a long time or overwhelms our ability to cope, it can have a negative affect on our health, well being, relationships,work and general enjoyment of life. Stress doesn’t have to control our lives.
    We can improve our knowledge about stress and increase our resources to become more resilient. Here are some
    tips about what to look for and how to help yourself or get help.

10. Marcporms

Marcporms New Member

Stress for me is when you are over thinking for some task/plan that you need to be done and you are not even starting what you need to do to finish it, because you are over thinking... Best to do is just relax, focus and priorities what you need to be done.

11. lyz07

lyz07 Member

stress i experience this now adays because of too much thinking, stress is part of or life you will not sleep well because of your memory is full of thinking, my friend suggested me that i try to exercise or take a yoga and eat healthy food to remove your irritated things to your body. stress is power full problem of our body when you are stress and that is continues there are possible that you can also experience to have a depression.

12. chloe050617

chloe050617 New Member

Stress for me is when you keep on thinking negative things and not acting to resolve the reason why your being stressed,

13. Derrick-5Obx

Derrick-5Obx New Member

The first thing to remember when learning how to fall asleep fast is to let go of the “fast”. What do we mean? Well, you live a busy life and everything has to be done “fast”. But when it comes to sleep, if you “try” to do it in the same way as everything else in your life, well, you won't fall asleep.

14. renba27

renba27 Member

Stress the silent killer that givea suffering to all himan beings. Stress can ne more tolerable to our body if we don't know how to handle big problems. Saying all the problem you have to the one whom you trust is one of the escape plan from stress.

15. Kylexnigeel

Kylexnigeel New Member

Physiological or biological stress is an organism's response to a stressor such as an environmental condition. Stress is the body's method of reacting to a condition such as a threat, challenge or physical and psychological barrier. Stress is the body's reaction to harmful situations whether they’re real or perceived. When you feel threatened, a chemical reaction occurs in your body that allows you to act in a way to prevent injury. This reaction is known as "fight-or-flight,” or the stress response. During stress response, your heart increases, breathing quickens, muscles tighten, and blood pressure rises. You’ve gotten ready to act. It is how you protect yourself. Stress can affect all aspects of your life, including your emotions, behaviors, thinking ability, and physical health.

16. Kylexnigeel

Kylexnigeel New Member

People handle stress differently. Symptoms of stress can vary. If you think you're stressed, you may experience any of the following symptoms of stress. The first symptom of stress is having a low energy. If you've been very stressed lately, that stress can make your body feel fatigued, exhausted, and tired all the time. The next symptom is becoming easily frustrated, agitated, and moody. If you've been easily annoyed and frustrated, maybe that's the sign that you've been under a lot of stress lately. The last symptom that I'll have to tell you is procrastinating and avoiding responsibilities. Procrastination is caused by a lot of stress. If you've been avoiding responsibilities at home, then maybe you are really stressed out.

17. ljas

ljas New Member

Stress is really not good to our health. It makes you look old and may lead you to medical problems like hypertensions, insomia, depressions, and many more. It is one of the roots cause of some medical problems, which is not good. Being stressed is a choice, you can either live with it or pass it...and who would like to be stressed out?...life is so short, don't make stress became part of our daily life.Face it with a big smile so it will just pass through and you wont just notice it.

18. james11kyrie

james11kyrie Member

Stress is a state of mental or emotional strain or tension resulting from adverse or very demanding circumstances. But you can manage your stress by, maintain balance with a healthy lifestyle. In addition to regular exercise, there are other healthy lifestyle choices that can increase your resistance to stress. Eat a healthy diet. Well-nourished bodies are better prepared to cope with stress, so be mindful of what you eat.

19. Lorenzo Reyes

Lorenzo Reyes New Member

Stress is primarily a physical response. When stressed, the body thinks it is under attack and switches to 'fight or flight' mode, releasing a complex mix of hormones and chemicals such as adrenaline, cortisol and norepinephrine to prepare the body for physical action

20. Rheaosumo

Rheaosumo New Member

Stress slows normal bodily functions, such as the digestive and immune systems. All resources can then be concentrated on rapid breathing, blood flow, alertness, and muscle use.

The body changes in the following ways during stress:
    • blood pressure and pulse rate rise
    • breathing is faster
    • the digestive system slows down
    • immune activity decreases
    • the muscles become tense
    • a heightened state of alertness prevents sleep

21. YVANNN

YVANNN New Member

Stress. Stress. Stress.

Battling stress is as difficult as fighting a man that has a sword in a boxing fight.

But it isn't impossible, it is just hard. It is hard if you don't allow yourself to be relaxed with good thoughts.

Think of the most important people in your life.
    Think about how much you love them and all the memories you have shared together.
    Think about the beauty of the world around you and you would be mesmerized.

22. MhicaF

MhicaF New Member

Stress is one of the biggest problem that the world is facing right now. If we don't know how to handle stress, we might lose our mental health. In the other hand, without a little bit of stress and a little bit of pressure, I think we can never truly go out of our comfort zones. Doing the things that we are afraid of and being the person we never thought we can be will never really be easy at first. We need to handle a lot of Stress first before we become the best version of us, but once we win, we will grow to the best version of ourselves, and that, i believe, is our purpose in life.

So for those who are feeling stressed right now, take that opportunity to bring out the best skills, best knowledge that you have. All in all, for me, Stress, if handled right, will bring out the best in us! :)

23. Stress can affect your body and your health. All yor senses including sight,hearing, and touch are involve . Stress has huge impact on all aspect of our well being mental,physical,emotional and spiritual. So we need to know how to control it.

24. CauliGi21

CauliGi21 New Member

Stress is when the body produces bad hormones due to factors like doing excessive things on a day. One common stress factor is the problems, merely thinking on how to solve it can stress an individual and affect his/her daily activities. The tremendous effect of stress is depression, and by depression comes the word suicide. Stress can be prevented by resting as the body requires and eating the right amount of healthy foods and taking the right amount of water daily. Stress is inevitable since this will be felt by an individual naturally due to high level of multitasking performed by the brain or mental activities and the body or physical activities.

25. writeside1

writeside1 Member

Stress can really prove to have a negative impact on the mind of a human being. It is really tough to handle stress in your life, but it is quite necessary to do so. It is possible to tackle stress to be around with good people and be happy while doing so. Think and be positive and be free from worries and leave the rest to God.

26. romilda

romilda Member

Stress is part of our daily life and its up to you to deal with it.

27. FriendLyMe143

FriendLyMe143 New Member

Stress produces bad hormones in our body which in turn makes our body weak specially the organs. Our heart is affected primarily by the release of adrenaline, even our bodies natural control for the release of insulin is affected, making us crave more sweets, salty, and foods high in bad fats, that leads to obesity and diabetis.

28. shunron4

shunron4 New Member

Chronic stress has been proven to induce several health problems. Anxiety, depression, digestive issues, heart disease, sleep problems, headaches, and damage to memory and concentration are a few examples of the consequences of chronic stress. The stress hormone, Cortisol, plays a huge part in the functionality of our bodies. At elevated levels, it interferes with learning and memory, it lowers immune function and bone density, and it increases blood pressure, cholesterol, and heart disease. In a nut shell, chronic stress can be fatal. So we should definitely focus on effective stress management techniques, and make them a part of our daily routines.

29. jylemmm

jylemmm New Member

There is nothing good when you are stressed. This affects your health, mental ability and focus. Although stress is inevitable especially at work or at school, you should relieve your stress most of the time. To relieve stress, I have some tips. One is to share your problems to your close friend and family, knowing that there are people willing to listen and has your back is very stress relieving. Another tip is to divert your stress on hobbies, they could be playing video games, engaging to sports, exercise, and enriching your talent.

30. Raykeep

Raykeep New Member

Most people undergo stress in day to day life, i.e in places of work, in marriage, relationship etc. Stress comes in form of light stress and chronic stress. When chronic stress is at its advanced stage, it developes into depression, at this stage the person who is depressed is in a very bad stage in life. People who have graduated from stress to depression becomes abnormal in reasoning, Some may withdraw from other people, this is a sign of mental problems.