Sugar or honey?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by willydakid, May 30, 2016.

1. WagerTwin

WagerTwin New Member

Honey costs quite a lot comparing to sugar, but also way more healthy. I made my choice by keeping my food sugar-free and using honey, chocolate, cocoa and pastry as my source of sugar. Man-made clean sugar is bad for health, and creates tooth decay. Eating one spoonful of honey with tea is tasty, and when few months passed, I've found out that clean tea actually tastes way better than tea with sugar.

2. Scottyb1975

Scottyb1975 New Member

Honey, especially RAW honey is much more healthy than cane sugar. Several studies have been done that shows this. There are dozens of benefits of honey and dozens of risks associated with pure sugar. Too much of anything is bad including honey, but the pros of honey greatly outweighs the cons of sugar. However you left out another option, Stevia, a plant derived natural sweetener with no bad side effects. It is even "sweeter" than sugar.

3. Angel Grace Figura

Angel Grace Figura New Member

Honey. It has some antioxidant properties that when you consume it. It so natural thag its come the the bee.

4. Hi,

Most of us like sweets I rather stick to honey because its natural and consist of vitamins and anti-oxidants, but in other cases it is more accessible to bring sugar powders if in case the sweetness didn't reach your taste buds.

Honey= more benefits
    Sugar=accessibility

thanks!

5. Dimmi Bolling

Dimmi Bolling New Member

I use both raw sugar and honey but if you are worried about the health complications connected to sugar, try Truvia. The sweetener is all natural and doesn't affect your health like sugar does! It does have an after taste but you get used to it after a while.

6. Icparulan

Icparulan New Member

Of course Honey is the best choice. When it comes to being fit and healthy we must go the natural way or real food and not to those artificial sweetener or process food.

7. rommel31

rommel31 New Member

I think you should try honey because it's much more healthy and sweet compared to man made sugar. Imagine if you will drink milk with honey. That is very yummy and also it keeps you sleepy and feel healthy.

8. glenpolbo13

glenpolbo13 New Member

Honey and sugar are both carbohydrates, consisting of the two types of sugar: glucose and fructose.
    I will always prefer honey because contains slightly more calories than sugar does.
    1. Sugar is a potential source of the carbohydrates you need daily, but eating too much may increase your risk for certain diseases.
    2. Honey can help kill germs and promote healing of minor cuts and burns.
    Honey has been a traditional sweetener for thousands of years , long before we discovered how to extract and refine sugar from sugar cane.

9. cheexyrich08

cheexyrich08 New Member

Though I like honey, because it has a lot of good benefits to our body, I still prefer sugar. It is simply because, its affordable and always available in the market. But whenever honey is available, I would love to use it as well.

10. Octavia

Octavia New Member

I would pick honey because it is a natural sugar and so much healthier. With sugar it all depends on what kind of sugar. If I was to buy a Walmart brand versus a organic brand sugar. I would buy the organic brand because it has more nutrients and the Walmart brand may only have 1 percent of that nutrient. The other 99 percent may cause serious health issues like the developing of worms in the body.

11. deellanes

deellanes New Member

I'd choose honey over sugar. It has a lot of uses aside from it's sweetness. Sugar has a lot of disadvantages although it is cheaper. As I always say, it's better to invest in your own body. You'll never regret it.

12. enruclaud888

enruclaud888 New Member

Honey has more nutritional values than sugar and it is very organic since it was a production of thousand bees and made from the nectar of flowering plants. Aside from using as a sweetener. A lot of users have already invented a soap, shampoo, mead or honey wine, etc. that are really beneficial to our health. So if you want to be healthier, take the best and most beneficial food. FYI, honey has no shelf life, means it doesn't expire.

13. Jayken

Jayken New Member

I would prefer honey of course because its healthier especially those real honey. Because some honeys in the market are not pure honey. But its kinda pricey compare to sugar. But if your going to buy a sugar, it is better if it is brown sugar.

14. Nazroth

Nazroth Member

I personally regulate the intake of both. But honey is far more healthier than sugar, its sucrose is a type of energy which can be quickly absorbed by the body. Unlike honey, the regular processed sugar can stay in the body and have harmful effects. Although some recipe and drinks require regular sugar for taste's sake, moderation is still the best way to go. Hope that helps!

15. Ruzellking

Ruzellking New Member

For me sugar and honey are good to our health but if you take it too much of them, it kills.
    Not all kinds of sugar are considered healthy, we have this synthetic sugar which is not good to our health. Made by combining different substances and its not natural. Practically speaking, most people are using synthetic because they dont have much time to look for what is best for them, they end up using it. Everyone loves sugar, so i suggest that you must have the healthy one, the brown sugar or a raw from a sugarcane. Its healthier than the synthetic one.

Yes! Honey is healthier than sugar but if you take it too much, it is bad also to our health, it causes you to hallucinate or it can lead you to death. So be careful for taking them, it has a dosage for taking it, one spoon a day is enough. You can stay healthy with the two of them if you know how to use them. Search for more information to add more knowledge about sugar and honey.

16. Ruzellking

Ruzellking New Member

For me sugar and honey are good to our health but if you take it too much of them, it kills.
    Not all kinds of sugar are considered healthy, we have this synthetic sugar which is not good to our health. Made by combining different substances and its not natural. Practically speaking, most people are using synthetic because they dont have much time to look for what is best for them, they end up using it. Everyone loves sugar, so i suggest that you must have the healthy one, the brown sugar or a raw from a sugarcane. Its healthier than the synthetic one.

Yes! Honey is healthier than sugar but if you take it too much, it is bad also to our health, it causes you to hallucinate or it can lead you to death. So be careful for taking them, it has a dosage for taking it, one spoon a day is enough. You can stay healthy with the two of them if you know how to use them. Search for more information to add more knowledge about sugar and honey.

17. PAMELA BISCOCHO

PAMELA BISCOCHO New Member

Honey is good to your body than sugar, it is also medicinal, avoids diabetis.

18. rhej@23

rhej@23 New Member

For me I prefer to use honey; Why? Simply because I really want the taste of honey, and it has a lot of uses aside from its health benefits, you can actually use honey as medicine for cough and sore throat, a skin moisturizer etc. I’ve been using honey for almost 1 year now and I can notice the good effects of using it especially on treating my daughter’s cough. I also like to drink milk with honey I love the taste of it; Aside from that I tried using honey as a beauty product, but honestly it will take months before you see the results. Over all honey is the best for me.

19. hubby10

hubby10 Member

I prefer honey cause it is easier to use. It also has tons of health benefits to your body you can get. There are also a lot of things to do with them. You can use them for your beauty regimen and are very essential for your daily needs. Honey however is really expensive compared to sugar which has almost the same benefits honey has. But I think it is safer to consume honey than sugar cause sugar can be a cause of some diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure and others. But it will all depend on the consumer to balance his or her diet.

20. Eliud

Eliud New Member

Honey is always better than sugar. To start with, it is sweeter than sugar. Honey is natural and it contains traces of enzymes, amino acids, vitamins, antioxidants, minerals and useful bacteria. If you compare honey to sugar, then the benefits of honey outweighs those of sugar by far. Honey contains fructose whereas sugar contains glucose. Fructose is more healthy that glucose. Honey is the best sweetener.

21. Based on the Study, honey is more good for the body unlike sugar because honey contains flavonoids, antioxidants which help reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease. 2. Reduces ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders: Recent research shows that honey treatment may help disorders such as ulcers and bacterial gastroenteritis.

22. jkbustria

jkbustria New Member

Honey is higher in fructose than glucose. Fructose is sweeter than glucose, so you may be able to use a smaller amount of honey in your food or drink without sacrificing sweetness. The trace amounts of vitamins and minerals found in honey may also have added health benefits.

Raw, unpasteurized honey contains trace amounts of local pollen, which may help desensitize allergic reactions.

Honey also provides additional health benefits:

• It may help kill off germs because it has antimicrobial properties.
    • When used as a salve in gel form, it may help promote healing in wounds and minor burns.
    • It may also help ease coughing and sore throats.
    Overall, honey goes through less processing than sugar does. It requires pasteurization only to become table ready. Honey can also be eaten raw.

23. adonidia

adonidia New Member

I would prefer honey over sugar. Sugar comes from the processed juice pressed from the sugar cane plant (Saccharum officinarum). Honey, on the other hand, comes from the nectar of flowers. While both are from plants, flowers are richer in phytochemicals such as flavonoids that may have medicinal properties. For example, one the first chemotherapy drugs for cancer came from the flowers of the madagascar periwinkle (Catharanthus roseus). While both are sweet, honey may contain these beneficial phytochemicals.

24. AimMarie

AimMarie New Member

I prefer honey in most things because of the flavor. This includes oatmeal, on pancakes, in shakes, and in tea. However, I do not enjoy the taste of honey in coffee, and would take just about any other sweetener in its place (I don't always sweeten my coffee, but sometimes feel inclined). I find honey in hot tea or lemon water to be extremely comforting during cold winter months or if I am sick. There are definitely health benefits to honey that do not exist with refined sugars due to its known healing properties that many other comments have mentioned. At the moment my household is free of sweeteners in any form, but I would much sooner purchase honey than refined sugar to fill that void.

25. luthandodlomo77

luthandodlomo77 New Member

The real sugar that is straight from sugarcane is much more amazing in comparison to honey. Which brings about a sad realization that the refined unhealthy and pancreas threatening ''stuff'' we eating is so valueless, that alone should make you and most of us not want to eat it. So if you not enjoying the real sugar then at least settle for honey! That little perspective shift hopefully is of value to you.

26. scwcm

scwcm New Member

Definitely honey , honey can be beneficial for the health because contains natural sugars , water and minerals, vitamins, pollen and protein ( natural energy sources) , It provides an easily absorbed supply of energy in the form of liver glycogen , making it ideal for energetic morning starts and as a pre- and post-exercise energy source.Studies have shown that a daily dose of honey raises levels of health-promoting antioxidants in the body. Antioxidants help block free radicals in the body that cause disease. It also boosts the immune system , acting as a preventative against any number of debilitating diseases. Honey contains polyphenols, which are powerful antioxidants that have been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer. honey promotes restorative sleep in two ways. By consuming honey before bedtime, it restocks the liver’s glycogen supply and prevents the brain from triggering a crisis search for fuel, which can wake you up. Secondly, eating honey fosters the release of melatonin in the brain by creating a small spike in insulin levels, which stimulates the release of tryptophan in the brain.

27. ezeey06

ezeey06 New Member

When it comes to your health choose honey instead of sugar. Sugar can cause diabetes in this sickness diabetes can cause death and the amputation of the body part just to save your life. Its hard to control the blood sugar of a person with diabetes. Because the symptoms of a high blood sugar is similar to low blood sugar. My mother is diabetic and have too high blood sugar that we need to inject her with insulin every day two times a day. And the cause is sugar.

28. cschwartzman

cschwartzman New Member

I'm no authority on this, but I believe sugar is just a more processed sweetener. However something to consider, of all the sweeteners, sugar is not the sweetest. Stevia a very naturally presented sweetener is way sweeter than sugar with no calories.

29. Joanncali

Joanncali New Member

I prefer honey because it's healthy. Sugar has a bad factors for our health. My dad has a diabetes and he's avoiding sugar as much as he can. I don't want to develop diabetes that's why I prefer healthy foods like honey. Honey is a natural sweetener and it acts almost the same like sugar. It's rich in antioxidants. There's some other benefits of using honey like it keeps your weight management and boosts the immune system.

30. Princess Dasco

Princess Dasco New Member

Honey and table sugar are just carbohydrates- both are "sugars" in the chemical sense. The calories just depend on the amount, which is a matter of how sweet you want it.