Sugar or honey?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by willydakid, May 30, 2016.

1. IvyKeith

IvyKeith New Member

You surely are has a sweet tooth and i dont. But ill prefer honey. Because obviously, its organic. It satisfies not just your sweet cravings but it also satisfies your whole body. Honey is also good for the skin. So you really can make most out of honey, Honey.

2. nano4mom

nano4mom New Member

I will choose honey! But sugar is more readily available here in our country than honey. And sugar is cheaper!

Yes, there are a lot of health benefits of honey but I have to admit that I cannot afford to use it every single day with every single food item that needs to be sweetened. And it is very expensive to buy the highly popular brand like Manuka honey.

In our household, our go-to sweeteners are granulated sugar and sweetened condensed milk. They don't have the healing properties that honey promises but they definitely make your food sweet!

3. edz26

edz26 Member

Both honey and sugar are carbohydrates that the fact, the two are consisting of glucose and fructose. Health wise maybe I go for honey in additional honey consist of water,pollen and minerals including magnesium and potassium. Honey slightly more calories than sugar.

4. Divinelyrich

Divinelyrich New Member

Honey! Honey is the best as it does not leave free radicals in the body.

5. ARTMAKKAM

ARTMAKKAM New Member

Sugar in medical nutrition is used in drinks and dishes as an easily assimilated source of energy (100 grams of 380 kcal) and a flavoring product. In addition to sucrose, there are no other nutritional substances in sugar. Sugar is limited in atherosclerosis, allergic diseases, after resection of the stomach, with cholecystitis with congestion of bile, pancreatitis. With obesity, sugar diabetes is excluded from the diet. In acute nephritis and other diseases, unloading "sugar days" are used. Unlike refined (white) sugar, under-purified (yellow) sugar contains, in addition to sucrose, a complex of biologically active substances useful to the body. Promising are glucose-fructose syrups (liquid, invert sugar), which are more sweet due to fructose than sugar, which allows to reduce the energy value of sweet dishes and culinary products.

Substitutes for sugar: sorbitol, xylitol, saccharin, sweets, fructose. Xylitol and sorbitol are used in diabetes mellitus, less often - with obesity, chronic cholecystitis with bile stasis and pancreatitis, constipation. Xylitol is equal to sugar for sweetness, sorbitol is twice less sweet, 1 g of food xylitol gives 3.7 kcal, sorbitol - 3.5 kcal. They have a mild choleretic and laxative effect (30 g on an empty stomach).

Preferred xylitol: up to 30-40 grams per day in 2-3 meals (drinks, sweet dishes). Saccharin, used in diabetes and obesity, is 450 times sweeter than sugar, soluble in hot water, has no nutritional value, is not digested. They produce confectionery, compotes, jam, soft drinks, with the replacement of sugar with xylitol, sorbitol or saccharin. Slastilinum (aspartame) is a compound of two amino acids, it is 150-200 times sweeter than sugar, it is very soluble in water, it does not break down in the usual ways of cooking, it is close to sugar by energy value, but due to high sweetness and hence consumption in very small quantities is not considered as an energy source. Slastiline is produced in tablets (1 tablet for candy corresponds to 3.2 g of sugar) and is used for diabetes, obesity and diseases requiring restriction or exclusion of sugar.

Fructose is an easily digestible carbohydrate (monosaccharide), but unlike glucose and sugar, it almost does not require insulin for its assimilation. Fructose is sweeter than sugar and therefore is used in smaller doses, which reduces the energy value of various foods and dishes. The sweetness of fructose is particularly noticeable in cold and sour drinks and is little pronounced when introduced into hot drinks. Fructose (30-45 g per day) is recommended for diabetes mellitus, with 20% of the fructose taken into account in the carbohydrate diet. You can substitute sugar for fructose in diets with diseases of the liver, pancreas, in a small amount - with atherosclerosis and obesity. Excessive consumption of fructose (60-100 g) can cause diarrhea, swelling of the intestine, and also disrupt live metabolism. In 1 g of fructose - 3.8 kcal.

Bee honey is a source of easily assimilated carbohydrates - glucose (36%) and fructose (38%), it contains very few vitamins, minerals, organic acids, enzymes. In 100 g of honey - 314 kcal. Honey is more useful than sugar and has some medicinal properties. The daily dose of honey should not exceed 50-100 g, divided into several receptions, with a decrease in the number of other sugary products, at the rate of 1 g of sugar = 1.25 g of honey. The replacement of sugar with honey is suitable for diseases of the heart, liver, lungs, tuberculosis, anemia, diabetes, exhaustion, constipation (with water on an empty stomach in the morning). With diseases of the stomach with increased secretion, honey is prescribed for 1.5-2 hours before meals with warm water, with reduced water before eating with cold water.

Artificial honey is made from sugar boiled with citric acid, followed by the addition of natural honey or honey essences. In it up to 50% of glucose and fructose, 30% of sucrose, there are no vitamins and other biologically active substances of bee honey.

6. oddreann

oddreann New Member

I would choose honey because it contains some good benefits for the body. Sugar on the other hand contains less than the honey. Too much consumption of both will not be good for the body.

7. Gemmalynpanis

Gemmalynpanis New Member

I prefer for me honey because more benifits of whats honey sweetend..

8. s.jahan

s.jahan New Member

Ofcourse honey. Because honey has an anti-aging properties that makes me young. It also helps to lose my weight when I mixed with lemon and warm water. Honey moisturizes my skin and reduce open pores. When I mixed honey with besan and turmeric powder and apply my skin it gives me glowing baby soft skin. Thanks almighty god for give us honey as a wonderful gift.

9. Ivaann

Ivaann New Member

Honey, no way to choose sugar. It's better, has a lot of benefits, vitamins and so on, everybody knows that. Sugar has no meaning to be eaten, but everybody eats it, because it's good when becomes to tasting, can be very addictive, because what's a chocolate cake without sugar or a coke without it? It can be very easy to add it on a recipe, that's why sugar is everywhere.

10. redazen679

redazen679 New Member

of course honey,because honey is natural and not harmful on our health,but sugar is in some cases bad for our body health.
    we know that the honey can help in medical situations.

11. utfull

utfull New Member

Sugar or honey ? Let me tell you a story first.

I never had tasted honey until I was 25 and one lucky day I was staying over my friends house and she had this habit of drinking water with honey in the morning and offered me a glass too. I thought why not ! How bad it could be and took a sip, I could only describe that sip in one world 'Heavenly' .

Since then I always choose honey over sugar(If I have choice of course or else 'go team sugar') For me choosing honey over sugar is more about the taste and aroma and if it provides me some health benefits with it who am I to say no. So healthy or not but honey definitely is a tasty choice.

12. SGreed

SGreed New Member

It is healthier to use honey because two have the same sweetness, have the similar calories, but sugar does not give you more than carbohydrates and honey has although in small amounts many nutrients such as essential amino acids, organic acids, minerals (sulfur, iron, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, manganese) and vitamins (C and group B). In addition, antibiotic, anti-inflammatory and disinfectant properties are attributed to it from the plants used by the bees in their production.

I think it is much better to use honey

13. pristine

pristine New Member

Honey is a symbol of good health, it is also a symbol of sweetness. I used to take a spoonful of honey when I have a sore throat. I even use it for helping my hair color stay lighter and I even use a honey soap. I love honey...

14. Humbledqueen20

Humbledqueen20 New Member

Honey because too much sugar causes health problems.

15. ahdseghir

ahdseghir New Member

I prefer honey to sugar as it is less bad than sugar .. in fact honey contains some nutrients and rich in antioxydant...I try my best to be healthy :p

16. rjcorbilla

rjcorbilla New Member

Well, honey has so many medicinal properties that naturally help in cure illness. Its antioxidants and bacteria-fighting assets also help against fighting infections. According to experts, buckwheat honey has the highest number of antioxidants and when consumed daily can be beneficial for boosting immunity in the long run and this is why honey has known to be one of the best immunity boosting foods. It is always advisable to consume honey every morning before breakfast or even workout to get an extra kick of energy for the whole day. It also works as a cleansing toner which improves immunity in children.

17. John0520

John0520 Member

Honey is natural and has many benefits to health. It improves my health after i make honey as my sweetener every morning. It sweetness is almost the same as sugar but has a low fat unlike manufactured sugar which greatly affects the heart.

18. reubensausal

reubensausal New Member

Sugar is the generic name for sweet-tasting, soluble carbohydrates, many of which are used in food. While Honey is made using the nectar of flowering plants and is saved inside the beehive for eating during times of scarcity. But look how hard the bee's harvest the nectar just to create honey, can we leave the bee's and consume sugar instead haha

19. bencherik

bencherik New Member

Honey! Honey! I prefer honey because it's healthier than sugar. Honey definitely has a bit of a health halo and a lot of people assume it's a really healthy superfood.

20. edmarie09

edmarie09 New Member

I choose honey than sugar because aside from being sweet,honey has a pleasant smell.It is very beneficial and healthier option.If you are sick or hang over honey is the best for you because it is organic.Honey can also use for beauty regimen especially on skin.Honey is pricey and hard to find but still I prefer to use it because health is wealth.

21. Shally

Shally Member

Sugar is not really good in our body specially to those unhealthy person because too much sugar in our body can cause of illneses like diabetes.Sugar can make our blood sugar quickly because it has glycemic index than honey.I preffered to use honey because its organic sweetener and it comes from honey bee.It has a low calories than sugar.More uses of honey like skin glowing or even pimple remedy.Honey can make your tea so special to drink.It can boost your metabolism as well.The thing is Honey is more expensive than sugar.

22. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

Honey vs. sugar

When you brew a cup of hot tea, do you reach for honey or sugar? Although both may add sweetness to your drink, their nutritional benefits vary.

23. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

Honey’s reputation for being healthier may have some basis, but honey isn’t considered a health food. So which is healthier? Here’s what you need to know.

Natalie Butler, RD, LD on November 2, 2016 — Written by Corey Whelan
    [​IMG]Share on Pinterest
    Honey vs. sugar
    When you brew a cup of hot tea, do you reach for honey or sugar? Although both may add sweetness to your drink, their nutritional benefits vary.

Honey and sugar are both carbohydrates composed primarily of glucose and fructose. They’re used as ingredients in many prepackaged foods and recipes. Both can result in weight gain if overused.

24. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

Bees use the nectar they collect from flowers to create honey. This thick substance is typically consumed in liquid form and can range in color from pale yellow to dark brown.

Honey is composed primarily of water and two sugars: fructose and glucose. It also contains trace amounts of:

25. redj

redj New Member

I prefer honey, because that's more healthier that sugar.

26. Dipper

Dipper New Member

I prefer honey. Honey is much healthier than sugar and it has more beneficial attributes than sugar.

27. Zircrenzo

Zircrenzo New Member

Honey is sweet. But sugar is sweeter. I like to put sugar in my coffe and Chocolate drinks. Yes, please tell us why would you choose honey.

28. Markjim

Markjim Member

I prefer both of them because in sugar you can use it for coffee,cooking and sweetener for some foods, dish and bread .While honey has more benefits in our body and according to our teacher honey is better than sugar because honey is more healthier than sugar.However I prefer both of them.

29. rajabhatti

rajabhatti New Member

I appreciate honey If not nectar I have agave. I discover sugar is now in many sustenances so I make an effort not to truly straightforwardly include more.

30. agbuyahapon

agbuyahapon New Member

I tried using honey before because of the many said benefits that I have read from the internet. I also want to switch to a healthier lifestyle and sugar should be eliminated. Turned out that It is not for me. I can't stand the smell and the taste.

Luckily, my bottle of honey did not go to waste. I was able to use it for my skin and when my moyher got burnt skin because of cooking she was able to use it as first aid treatment.