Sugar or honey?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by willydakid, May 30, 2016.

1. chugchug1

chugchug1 Member

Honey, because you some gain health benefits just like low blood pressure, can heal wounds and for sore throat.

2. yograj

yograj Member

There are many types of sugars like: glucose, fructose, sucrose, galactose, lactose etc.
    Each of these sugars does not produce the same level of sensation of sweetness on our tongue.
    The sweetness level of some sugars is given below:
    Lactose=16, Maltose=50, Galactose=60, Glucose=74, Sucrose=100, Fructose=110.
    It is obvious from the above scientific data, that fructose is maximum sweet among all sugars.
    This means, in order to impart the same level of sweetness, you have to add a minimum quantity of fructose, and the maximum quantity of lactose.
    This ensures the minimum intake of sugar to enjoy your favorite dish, if fructose is used.
    Now, honey contains maximum quantity of fructose.
    It is due to this reason that the use of honey in our diet is advisable.

3. yograj

yograj Member

There are many types of sugars like: glucose, fructose, sucrose, galactose, lactose etc.
    Each of these sugars does not produce the same level of sensation of sweetness on our tongue.
    The sweetness level of some sugars is given below:
    Lactose=16, Maltose=50, Galactose=60, Glucose=74, Sucrose=100, Fructose=110.
    It is obvious from the above scientific data, that fructose is maximum sweet among all sugars.
    This means, in order to impart the same level of sweetness, you have to add a minimum quantity of fructose, and the maximum quantity of lactose.
    This ensures the minimum intake of sugar to enjoy your favorite dish, if fructose is used.
    Now, honey contains the maximum quantity of fructose. Hence, it is advisable to use honey rather than sugar.

4. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

My friend introduced me to honey. He sells it as part of his livelihood. He adds it to his brewed coffee. He advised me to stir as you pour the honey into your coffee. Boy did it taste sweet.

5. wkndroyal

wkndroyal Member

Honey seems to be the healthier option given its nutritional benefits. As based on several sources, honey is a great source of antioxidants, it can help improve cholesterol, it is one of the good sweeteners for diabetes, strengthens the immune system, helps with weight management, it's a cough remedy, helps boost your memory, it's good for skin nourishment and many have used it as a face mask. So many more benefits have shown why honey is a good alternative to use as a sweetener for your food and to include into your daily regiment and this why I try to incorporate this into my diet as much as I can.

6. gcm2455

gcm2455 Member

Honey is better than sugar, even though it is more expensive. It is healthier than the processed sugar, so it is worth the cost you spent. It won't make you diabetic and it can curb obesity. Hence, it could make you save money from buying medication.

7. Treveez

Treveez Member

Honey is the best one
    Honey contains less fructose and glucose when compared tosugar, but contains more calories. Honey and sugar are both carbohydrates, consisting of the two types of sugar: glucose and fructose.

8. SreekuttySudhi

SreekuttySudhi New Member

Honey and sugar are two of the most commonly used sweeteners. Honey and sugar are both carbohydrates, consisting of the two types of sugar: glucose and fructose. Honey contains less fructose and glucose when compared to sugar, but contains more calories. Sugar is 50 percent fructose and 50 percent glucose. The honey contains 40 percent fructose and 30 percent glucose. The remainder of honey consists of, water, pollen, minerals, vitamins nutrients, etc. These additional components may be responsible for some of the health benefits of honey.

Sugar is higher on the glycemic index (GI) than honey, meaning it raises blood sugar levels more quickly. This is due to its higher fructose content, and the absence of trace minerals.
    But honey has slightly more calories than sugar, although it is sweeter, so less may be required. Both sweeteners can lead to weight gain if overused.

Honey has been used since ancient times as both a sweetener and medicine.
    It is a viscous liquid produced by honeybees and ranges in color from straw yellow to dark brown. The bees collect nectar from flowers and mix it with enzymes to form honey before storing it in honeycomb cells to keep it fresh.

Honey has more nutrients and less processed than sugar. It contains, amino acids, antioxidants, enzymes, minerals...
    Honey can act as a cough suppressant, allergy relief, immediate source of energy, Tumer suppressant, wound healer,

9. pintado2001

pintado2001 New Member

I like honey, especially if raw. Sugar is processed too much.

10. ArseniAMD

ArseniAMD New Member

Of course natural honey is useful and rich in vitamins and microminerals,it can be taken with a cold , but it is not recommended to eat in large quantities.

11. Rinkukrksth

Rinkukrksth Member

I want to choose honey and I used honey as a sweetener coffee milk tea and shake. Honey is best natural product for all of us. It is used for medicine and remedy to us.

12. elliethegypsy

elliethegypsy Member

I'll go for honey. I've read an article yesterday saying that sugar can cause different kinds of cancer. I'm really a health conscious person so I watch what I eat and put inside my system. I have a sweet tooth when I was a kid but for some unknown reason, I lost it when I enter college. I drink black coffee without sugar. I started to love bitter taste. Until now, I can't even finish a one glass of softdrink. However, make sure that you'll check the honey you're going to buy in the market.

13. LightPatch

LightPatch Member

Of course honey. as a result of honey has an associate anti-aging property that makes me look young. It additionally helps to lose my weight after I mixed with lemon and warm water. Honey moisturizes my skin and reduces open pores. After I mixed honey with besan and turmeric powder and apply my skin it offers me glowing baby soft skin.

14. jeda30

jeda30 Member

Though sugar is cheaper and has better taste, I still choose honey. Honey contains nutrients which are good for our body. It has antioxidants also that can help lower blood pressure, reduced heart attacks, strokes, and some types of cancer. It also helps improve cholesterol and can lower triglycerides.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  15. patokar

patokar New Member

I cut refined sugar from my diet a few years ago due to migraines. It was the number 1 trigger for me. Not only have my migraines become less frequent but I lost a lot of belly fat, too. I don't think enough emphasis is placed on sugar's impact on the obesity epademic. Many people still believe that fat in food is the enemy.

As for honey, I like it, but find myself only using it when I have a sore throat. And local honey is always the best option.

16. mohit26

mohit26 New Member

I'll choose unadulterated natural honey over sugar any day.A little bit of sugar here and there in between meals is fine but as a primary sweetener I prefer honey because of the health factor.Honey is overall a lot more healthier option than sugar.Excessive sugar leads to certain diseases and unhealthy weight gains.Honey can be taken in scarce amounts and will have similar sweetening effect as large unhealthy amount of sugar.

17. myDive8

myDive8 New Member

i agree with you stating the benefits of honey, but unlike any other thing, honey has its downsides, one of which is that, honey is high in calories, its primarily made of sugar and it may not be safe for infants younger than a year.

18. AngKool27

AngKool27 Member

Honey, its organic it gives a lot of nutrients unlike sugar it makes you fat and gives you diabetes.

19. JuliaFB

JuliaFB New Member

I prefer to take honey than sugar. Too much sugar cause diabetes. I used to drink a lot of coffee with cream and sugar at work to keep me awake on a night shift. I have diabetes because of it. My advice is not to take sugar or honey to stay healthy.

20. rashid76

rashid76 New Member

Sugar is used to add sweetness to a product or dish, while honey is considered an excellent nutritious and healing independent dish.

Both honey and sugar are carbohydrates consisting of two types of sugar: glucose and fructose.

Both fructose and glucose are quickly destroyed by the body and can increase blood sugar. The proportions of glucose and fructose in honey and sugar are different: sugar consists of 50% fructose and 50% glucose, while honey contains 40% fructose and 30% glucose.

Excessive use of both sugar and honey can lead to weight gain.

21. Weszleyyyyy5

Weszleyyyyy5 New Member

Both of it is a sweetener that we can add in our food and drinks but the thing is honey is my choice. Honey came from the collected nectar of different flowers which is morelikely containing different nutrition which can benefit our body. Also, honey contains antioxidants that can replenish the toxins inside our body.
    Sugar is also important on our body since it is a requirement of our body for it to make energy for us to use in our daily activities. The downside of sugar is that if you take too much of it, it may cause negative in our health. The main negative effect of it is the Type 2 diabetes which is acquired by the way how we eat. This is one of the deadly diseases according to World Health Organization. That's why I prefer to use honey for it is natural and safe for our health.

22. mahleen

mahleen New Member

Honey! Sugar gives you diabetes!

23. EMH80

EMH80 New Member

Honey is far better for the health conscience then sugar. Being into fitness myself I can tell you that honey is known to increase your tolerance to seasonal allergies, please talk to your doctor before heeding that advice. And in addition honey packs more sweetness and is naturally derived and you can find it unrefined.

24. Shawty05

Shawty05 New Member

I used to mix honey when every time i drink Tea with sterilized milk.Honey is also help to reduce the risk of certain cancer. It also help you younger even better.

25. YayiLilet

YayiLilet New Member

A lot of people seem to think that honey is healthy and sugar is really bad for you. I used to think that, too. I was trying to cut down on my sugar intake and so I thought that using honey is the way to go. But actually, honey is still sugar, just in a different form. It's sweeter than "table sugar" so you can use less. Honey is more nutritious than table sugar but it also contains more calories. Not to mention that honey costs much, much more than table sugar does. So people have to take these things into consideration when trying to decide whether to use honey or table sugar.

26. ewi102

ewi102 Member

refine sugar has chemicals and can cause some of serious deaseses.i choose honey because its very healthy and help to prevent some of deseases.

27. jasmine-m

jasmine-m New Member

I choose honey without any hesitation. Because refined sugar which is man made and treated with a whole lot of chemicals to attain its granular shape and white colour. Sugar is also called as vitamin depriever which translates to something that deplets vitamins off our system. On the other hand Honey which is nature's boon contains many minerals and vitamins in its own and it is very healthy and nutritious.

28. Remyaharish

Remyaharish New Member

I choose honey. Sugar is higher on the glycemic index (GI) than honey,meaning it raises blood sugar levels more quickly. This is due to its higher fructose content, and the absence of trace minerals. But honey has slightly more calories than sugar although it is sweeter, so less may be required.

29. ItsMazohra

ItsMazohra Member

Honey! ❤❤❤
    It could also be a remedy for a cause.
    It heals something in our body!
    That is why, i prefered it ovee sugar.
    Although it is a bit expensive.

30. myckmyck

myckmyck New Member

None, it's better honey than sugar for our body, but we should stay away from both for better results, they both raise insulin levels very high and to keep our fat low we should avoid any kind of sweets.