Take your ideas from ancient books

Discussion in 'Fiction Writing' started by ulisesguerrero, Sep 8, 2018.

1. ulisesguerrero

ulisesguerrero New Member

One of the easiest ways to write fiction is to take ideas from ancient books. The oldest stories registered in this world come in the name of "Puranas". They narrate some amazing stories that pretty much resemble science fiction. If you have a challenge to write, it would be a great starting point. Plus you get exposed to the most ancient knowledge available on this planet, so it is a win-win.

2. jessica13e

jessica13e New Member

That's a great point. I also find myself sort of doing that unintentionally. For instance, I had just finished reading The Alchemist when I wrote a poem for my grandmother's funeral. It had such a similar rhythm and perspective to what was already swimming in my head from the book, but it was expressed anew in my personal context. I think all stories have ancient roots. That's how we evolve many things about ourselves. Where were the Puranas written? I think I will look into reading those next, I am intrigued.

3. Gabriellove

Gabriellove New Member

Is very okay to take ideas from ancient books. When you know the root of a story then you can be more informed to begin yours. Nobody should be afraid of looking for information from ancient books. Ancient books kept all our history, without them we would me lost.