Text or call?

Discussion in 'Cell Phones & Tablets' started by jgrullon48, Aug 28, 2013.

1. LadyGwen

LadyGwen New Member

I think to answer this question, I first have to think about the content of the text message. If I'm simply answer a yes or no question, I don't mind texting. However, if the matter is serious in nature then I need to call the person. To me text messages can be used against your. With family, texting on anything and everything is cool! Yet in the workplace, not cool at all! And so depending on content and circumstances I'd prefer a phone call. You can't hear tone or sarcasm in a text message either.

2. Michael07

Michael07 Member

I'd rather text someone because I am having a hard time expressing my thoughts through phone calls and I tend to forget the messages that have been relayed to me. Through text, I can express my thoughts more clearly and I can think for a while on what is the appropriate words to say. In addition, through text, I can read back the message that has been sent to me so that I could understand more the message. These are the reason why I'd rather text than call someone.

3. maryssmaricar

maryssmaricar Member

Text because you can still edit your message after you are done typing. I'm bad at remebering things being relayed to me so I'd appreciate it if the person would just text me instead of calling me. There's also this instance that in texting, you can control your emotions through the choice of words that you will use unlike calling, we tend to blabber a lot and would not mind if we did hurt the other person. Words cannot be taken back. It moght hinder your relationships in the future. I'm an ill-tempered type of person so it would be best to just text me.

4. alemrac0017

alemrac0017 New Member

Phone calls. Text is ok for like chatting but if has to do with details for like work call me.

5. alemrac0017

alemrac0017 New Member

And also Quick short texts work when there aren’t a lot of details. When it is a discussion about plans or a decision has to be made , and there are a lot of details, I find that a call is more efficient. Texting back and forth even about meeting for a movie..what movie? I don’t know , what do you want to see? How about X? No , I saw that last week? Ok, Y? Sure. What time? 5? Too early. How about 7. Great! Multiplex or cineplex? You get the idea. I find that really annoying and a waste of time.

6. TheCount16

TheCount16 New Member

I do both, depending on the urgency of the matter in question. If it is something urgent, I will dial and call, with no hesitation. But if the matter is not pressing whatsoever, it is simpler to just send a text.

7. robertrroxx

robertrroxx New Member

Texting is a cheaper way of communication, however, one can not convey emotion properly via a text hence the reason I prefer to call as I feel I can get my message across on time and as accurately as possible.

8. kristinekish

kristinekish New Member

It depends on whether you want to just convey a quick "thanks" or whether you want to link it to a longer conversation. If it's just the quick thanks, send a text. For a longer conversation, call.

9. joshuadeveyra

joshuadeveyra New Member

I'd prefer call rather than texting. Texting eat so much of your time. Why don't call the person instead of texting by that you can save time and also you can really give detailed information on what you are talking for

10. Zyrylrago

Zyrylrago Member

Depends on your personality. Other may express their feelings more in texts than a call. But for me I’ll prefer call. Because in call, you can’t take back or erease ( like what we can do in texting) what you’ve said. They can feel your emotions through your voice, and you can feel the sincerity when you hear their voices. So, yes, I prefer call.

11. WriterGitana

WriterGitana New Member

I always call my friends instead of texting. But I always try not to call people that I don't know, I'm always nervous. I know that to call people is way faster and easier, but texting looks more professional for me, cheaper, and of course safer. The only bad thing about texting is that people don't always read or notice messages on their mobile phones, so calling is better then.

12. Ivan23

Ivan23 New Member

It’s depends on situation, if is close friend, we usually texting. But for all other situations I prefer calling, I get faster informations, overall it’s much easier communicate with person.

13. yssachwan

yssachwan Member

There are a lot of things you can miss if you're on call, like a list or such. But in terms of convenience, call is much better. On the other hand, in terms of 'financial convenience' you better keep that fingers typing on the keyboard.

These things are case-to-case basis. So basically whichever is more convenient is the choice.

14. Hanna08

Hanna08 New Member

Neither text or call because I hate it

15. gobbledygook

gobbledygook Member

I'd rather text someone than call them. I can express myself better through writing anyway. With a text message, you could say anything without having to worry about long pauses and awkward silences. And besides, a text message is way cheaper than a call.

16. If I am doing other things then I prefer text. For me, I feel like I can multitask better and also I'm just not comfortable talking to someone over the phone in public. Maybe I'm just really weird. However, if the matter is urgent and really important then I prefer to call. There are times when your emotions can't just be passed via text message and it has to be heard 0n your voice. (e.g. when you're mad at your partner and you just want him/her to know how intense your madness is. Haha!)

17. prexv

prexv Member

I'm more of a text person because I can try to evaluate my whole thoughts first and began typing everything what I wanted to say. While through call, I can get awkward pretty quick at times and I would forget what I needed to say. Although, sometimes it depends on the situation where if its urgent, I would try to make a call so I don't need to wait for a text or tell the other person to give me a call as soon as possible so I can get things done quickly.

18. Bri1567

Bri1567 New Member

Personally, I feel that it is a lot easier to call someone rather than to text them. It takes a lot longer to type out words then it is does to say them. Most of the time I have a story to tell. It would be way too long to type out. I would rather call the person so I am not leaving out many details. For me I'd rather call someone than text them.

19. josemarimallari01

josemarimallari01 New Member

The thread started in 2013, 6 years later it is quite funny to see that there is really no significant switch in trend in terms of the responses here despite the big shift in technology. Thou the platforms may have changed, sending an sms whether it be on hangouts, whatsapp or plain old sms in your phone, a short message is still a short message.

I personally prefer making phone calls for important things like going out, work related details. It is far more efficient that way, also removes a lot of miscommunication that may have been caused for the lack of emotion and lack of some verbal cues.

20. Ghaza

Ghaza New Member

To call is even faster than to chat. And I think chat is best to share links and multimedia messages that's it's advantage over call based on my opinion.

21. Ghaza

Ghaza New Member

When you call, you don't loose of forget how the voice of the person is.
    Call is harder to ignore by the recipient than chat.
    Call is faster.
    I will prefer to chat only if i am sharing multimedia messages.

22. pceug17

pceug17 Member

I prefer a text because I am not always on my phone to take calls. I can also response to the text anytime. It allows me also to think about my messages well before writing something back to the sender.

23. Pen29

Pen29 Member

It's both useful but calling is more convenient and hustle-free. Texting needs effort by typing and I use it if I can't say something directly to a person or if I don't want to hear his/her voice. So texting is helpful also but I prefer calling which is more realistic.

24. iansilvino18

iansilvino18 Member

Many non-binary whose gender identity is neither entirely male nor entirely female don’t use he or she pronouns because they don’t feel right. The use of they for a single person may be new to you but honoring the person’s wishes about how they’d like to be referred to is polite and respectful.

25. kixapolinar

kixapolinar New Member

I would prefer using text messages since I have time to think about what I need to say unlike in call that I need to immediately reply to the person I am talking with. In text messages also I can use emoji to express the emotions to the person I am chatting. I am also an introvert person that's why I hate calling.

26. Paxton

Paxton New Member

I think it depends on your personality, for me im more expressive when it comes to writing, especially if i have to explain my feelings, so it depends on the situation and the person. We should always know how to choose the best way that can make the message understood well by the the receiver.

27. denisemuriel

denisemuriel New Member

Nowadays Millenials loves to chat/text better than calling. They have this very fast fingers in texting. Calling is like for adults who is really lazy to chat, admit it, We are not fond of chatting/texting anymore!

Well of course it depends also on the situation where are in, if you are in a pretty bad situation I guess you will call for help rather than texting. Also, calling is a bit expensive that texting maybe that is why the reason people these days prefer texting or chatting using free apps than calling.

28. darioigop

darioigop New Member

if nothing is much important, just texting. i don't like call because it hurts my ear if the call is long. but in times i need the most response, i call them.

29. Chain081395

Chain081395 Member

Well for me, if it is about an urgent matter I will call someone but when not I'll just text. But I feel important to the person when he/she calls me :p

30. Etaypink1

Etaypink1 Active Member

call

1 person likes this.