Text or call?

Discussion in 'Cell Phones & Tablets' started by jgrullon48, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Bcaluag

Bcaluag Member

Call because its more easy to relay your message by calling you can say all you want instantly and you don't need to waste time typing your message. also you can tell whats the real emotion of the person your talking to by listening to their voice and it is less complicated because sometimes we failed or mis understand the real message.

1 person likes this.
  2. Venchy

Venchy New Member

Definitely call because sometimes texts can be misinterpreted sometimes when there is less understanding in communication.

3. Rooneey

Rooneey Member

I prefer call if there's an urgent. But if you are just get bored and nothing to say, you should text me. I won't answer your call anyway.

4. Vinziboi11

Vinziboi11 New Member

Call for things that are urgent and requires immediate answer and Text if I know the other person wont be able to answer right away. So for me, both depending on the situation.

5. lilshasha

lilshasha New Member

I'm not a good listener so I prefer texting. I don't clearly understand of what they're saying. Everyone prefers calling because it is more convenient. You don't have to wait for their reply. If you call someone, you can easily tell them what you really want to say. They will anwer you back. However, there are some disadvantages of calling especially for an interview schedule. You might forget the location and date. If it is a text message, you won't forget and save the complete details. You can also check your messages before you response to someone. For me, I really prefer texting rather than calling. I'm a bit shy if someone is listening to me while talking over the phone. And I guess calling is more expensive than texting.

6. snesz08

snesz08 Member

I prefer to call than text. It less hassle and easy to get response and communicate. you will enjoy the moment because you are talking with someone, feel like you are near to his/her. it boost my mood and have a light feeling.

7. Twinklebisnar

Twinklebisnar Member

I prefer call over text because when you are in a call you can do others stuff at the same time unlike when you are texting, you should focus on typing.

8. janeabiquibil

janeabiquibil New Member

Definitely, call. I'm actually lazy when it comes to typing because I type in full words and punctuations. So yeah, when people text me, I call them back instead of texting back.

9. Georgeliner

Georgeliner Member

Call is everything.When you call someone he or she can know your emotions.Secondly,you can convey everything to recipient.I prefer calling because time saving .

10. gabrielapostu

gabrielapostu Member

Definetaly texting

11. cristy21

cristy21 New Member

I prefer texting , calling annoys me, especially taking calls for so long, I kinda pause for a while and think of what I'm going to say and in calling everything you say is not revocable unlike texting you can just easily type what do you want to say ,delete if you're not sure about you're saying, put your phone aside and wait for a reply it's more convenient for me. Well, either of the two ,texting and calling is important it is our one way of communicating to our friends or love ones, or even for other purposes.

12. michpiong

michpiong Member

I love both texting and calling. Texting is more beneficial than calling. You can use this as a proof for bad situations for it more detailed than calling. While calling is much better when it comes to conversation. The party can understand you more than texting. Sometimes in texts, the party will misunderstands you because in calling, you can express your tone.

13. diazvac

diazvac Member

If its an emergency situation and I have to let know immediately the person I want to talk to, I prefer calling. But if its not really that rush and you I am willing to wait for his reply, I prefer to text the person instead.

14. Alzack50

Alzack50 Member

I make a call if needed but if not just text only.

15. katemacam23

katemacam23 Member

I prefer a call because you will understand very much and you will not misunderstand each other.

16. devincci

devincci Member

I prefer both, but for me I only answer calls from someone whose close to me. Because I don't really like answering calls, I don't feel comfortable talking to people in the phone. I also like texting because it is much easier for me, I can do things while I'm texting.

17. shermarie

shermarie New Member

Both for different reasons and occasions. If I'm just starting to date someone for example, calling a few times a week is essential to get to know them and start forming a connection. Texts are for quick things such as "Can you pick up milk on the way home?"

18. pintado2001

pintado2001 New Member

Preferably txt so that I can think through it. It will lessen misunderstanding. Not really great at conversations and personal interactions. I must have celebrated when they invented txt.

Another great reason for preferring txt is multi-tasking. I can reply anytime and anywhere without anybody else hearing my conversation.

19. tsameyn

tsameyn New Member

I prefer to call. It much more expressed someones feeling even on their way of speaking and the tone of their voice. It is like a live reaction to someone's perspective and directly delivered a talk from each speaker. I also won't get tired typing or explaining my thoughts by typing too much info wherein sometimes it takes too long before we can receive a response. But I am not saying calling is only the best way because it still depends on the situation. As to my personal experience, having a long distance relationship, we use calling just sometimes but texting most of the time because of our time difference. We can't talk too much sometimes coz one is sometimes available when it's too late in the evening so neede to be quiet. Crazy but it has still aspects which one is better to use

20. yhanmar08

yhanmar08 Member

For me call was still the voice because both of you can understand the things that you want to say or express. Unlike text message it was just only a short words so some of the text can be misunderstood to the perosn that your texting.

21. I would rather to choose call. Calling is important especially when emergency happens. Texting is a long way process to say something better to use call so that you can tell what you want to tell. Calling is the fastest way of response in conversation compare to texting.

22. Kiyen96

Kiyen96 Member

It depends on the kind of conversation you are wanting to have and the mood that you are in, I would say. Both forms of communication have their own benefits and disadvantages. I would be inclined to say that calling is preferred. But I hesitate to make this a definite answer for all circumstances since texting does offer its benefits.

23. peterpaulo

peterpaulo New Member

For me I was prepare for calls. Because, you can easily communicate and say what you want to convey to someone it is the way of an instant communication rather than texting that you use your two or more fingers for communicating. Not just in calling you only use your mouth to convey your thoughts, feeling, information and even emotions. And for me in calling you will have many words to say than texting.

24. dindodc8888

dindodc8888 New Member

If they're free, then the conversation is over a few seconds later. ... The average phone call lasts about 2 minutes, but a typical smartphone user only needs 4-5 seconds to send a text. So if it takes 2-4 text messages to complete the average back-and-forth of a 2-minute phone call, then texting is 10X more efficient!

25. megie02

megie02 New Member

Depends on the situation. As I am a merchandiser of a product when I'm in the outlet and I'm getting a call from my boss. Because I'm at work I can not answer her. So text here that I`m in work so i cannot answer her call.

26. thegoddamntree

thegoddamntree New Member

For me, generally I prefer texting.

Personal bad habit of mine but I rarely actually feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, so if you call me, there's a very high chance I will not pick up. But if you text me, I'll eventually see it.

Of course, if it's something important, or if you're someone close to me, I'd prefer a call. It makes a difference and feels more urgent/sincere. Like if there's repeated calls I'll know it's something important.

If it's someone I care about, well, hearing their voice is always very pleasant :)

27. Teambits

Teambits New Member

Generally it depends with the type of conversation you want to talk about or even the type of person you want to talk ,it maybe your elder or even your agemate.It varies.

28. srki93

srki93 Member

It is faster to call you someone, when you text, you lose lot of time to explain thing.

29. vanessadespe

vanessadespe New Member

These days, it seems the text message has become the most popular form of communication. However, that doesn’t mean that the old-fashioned phone conversation is gone. With new advances in communication, you might have trouble deciding whether to call or text. It’s not just a matter of personal preference between you and the person you want to contact. In most cases, specific circumstances, such as the time of day or how much you want to discuss, call for one form or the other. When you know what to consider, the decision becomes easier.

30. AngKool27

AngKool27 Member

text is fun,...