The best freelance sites in the world.

Discussion in 'Freelance Writing Jobs' started by Scholarkin, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Scholarkin

Scholarkin New Member

Please house, what are some of the best freelance websites where money can be make at free cost or at very moderate prices?

2. CurtWriter

CurtWriter New Member

There are several Freelance sites where you as a freelancer can register onto and make money without having to pay a dime.

The first I would mention is Freelancer. With millions of members all over, the world, it could be quite hard for you as a newbie to get started out but not impossible.

Fiverr is another site and one of the best so far. All you need do is register on the site, place your gigs, and wait for buyers to come and purchase. You could also advertise on social media for better views.

Upwork is yet another but a very professional site. You would have to be really good to work on Upwork and there are proficiency tests to ensure that you meet up to standard.

Several others abound but these three tops the list.

3. Scholarkin

Scholarkin New Member

Thanks for your comment CurtWriter.
    I know about freelancer and fiverr. I never knew upwork existed.
    I am part of freelancer but I realized you have to make a subscription before you can enjoy full benefits thus making it more tedious and frustrating.
    Perhaps there was something I wasn't doing well on freelancer.
    I will try it again though.

4. Writer786

Writer786 New Member

Elance is also like freelancer so if you apply to freelancer then u should definitely apply to Elance also..

5. Curlygirlangel

Curlygirlangel New Member

I have done an extensive amount of research on this subject as well. I have noticed that most freelancer sites are very exclusive, and nearly impossible to make a decent amount of money on. If you aspire to be a professional writer as your full-time job, then doing a little bit of freelancing on some websites is not the way to go. I would recommend that you start your own portfolio online and submit the portfolio to potential clients. This way you could still achieve the freedom that comes with freelancing while becoming your own brand separate from a third party site.

Gratiano likes this.
  6. cyeag

cyeag New Member

Curlygirlangel I love your proactive approach! That really keeps you in the driver's seat. Do you have any suggestions on marketing yourself? Do you reach out to each potential client individually, or use adwords or SEO and the like?

7. olowo24

olowo24 New Member

Freelancer, fiverr, upwork and guru.com are good websites for freelancers, the advantages are that there are lots of jobs being pasted on their job boards daily and their payment system is quite good since they all accept paypal, but most are low paying jobs and the presence of so many competitors makes it hard to make money on this sites without going premium best is to personally search for websites that employ freelancers in your niche and apply directly rather than this middle men job boards.

8. ajlancer

ajlancer New Member

Hi there thanks for your query. Nowadays it is very easy to know what is the best freelance site in the world. Just go google and search as same question. And there you will see list of top rated sites. But, I am going to tell you very exclusive a website or freelance site where people making money with fun. That is one of the best freelance site in the work like, seoclerks.com . Each and everyday it is growing up and many of buyer and seller working with fun. You can offer job by writing a gig. Buyer also purchase service just for $1 to $999. It is really amazing site. 100% recommended. If you do not believe just sing up today and check it out.

Regards by Ajlancer
    CD staff of SEOclerks

9. Mary626

Mary626 New Member

This is very informative.... I have tried sites like Upwork, it's very good but it is difficult as a new person to book a job because of the numerous competitors.

10. Lady B

Lady B New Member

These are the sites I was using when applying for a job:(1)Upwork-this site offer jobs for every type of a freelancers.(2)Toptal-this one gives you on paralleled access to meaningful projects and you can also join Toptal community. (3)Elance-with elance you will be able to make a profit right away without jumping through any hoops, the last one is Freelance.com-this site has plenty of opportunities if you are looking for a job.

11. Gratiano

Gratiano Member

What is an average/expected payment for a freelance writer?

12. prettyb

prettyb New Member

The best freelancer sites in the world that I know of are as follows:
    • Freelancer.com
    • Upwork.com
    • Peopleperhour.com
    • Guru.com
    • Fiverr.com
    • Fourer.com
    There are several other freelance sites apart from those listed above. You need to visit each of the site and familiarize yourself with their peculiarities and how they essentially work before you end up making your selection. I wish you success in your search.

13. Simtoink

Simtoink New Member

The two freelancer sites I used that really pays are Freelancer.com and Upwork.com

With these sites you can create your account for free and get starting to work depending on your preferred niche.
    However, one thing I learned from online freelancing sites is that you have to have a working Paypal to get paid directly into your account. Otherwise, you will be kept hanging with delayed payments.
    And be careful which employer you want to apply for, there are some who pays either very cheap, very delayed and sometimes you do not get paid at all.
    However, if you get one employer that is good, then payment should not be a problem.
    Goodluck!