The Importance of Books to the child's life

Discussion in 'Books' started by Dionese1975, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Dionese1975

Dionese1975 New Member

Books are important to every child's life. With books, a child can learn many things out from other's views in life.

2. rextrip

rextrip Member

Books have a wonderful way of helping with children’s development. Within the world of books, you can find imagination and creativity with a side of fiction plus reality depending upon which books your child is reading. While reading books can be fun, there’s more to reading than pure entertainment value.

Whether you read aloud to your children or they read independently, reading helps children develop a higher awareness of focus and good listening skills.

3. BNicely

BNicely New Member

I read to my children every night when they got into bed. They are both intelligent and have good imaginations now as adults. My youngest daughter actually just looked into a charity called Dolly Parton's Imaginary Library to see about getting it started in our community. I would say books had a positive impact on their life, and really, it very much nourished my soul to read them those books.

4. subhan456f

subhan456f Member

seven habit of highly effective people is very good book for the children

5. mhatter47

mhatter47 New Member

Reading to children from a young age is important to help them succeed later in life. ... Reading books ensures that your child is exposed to vocabulary on different topics, ... them that boost they need to support and promote their early reading skills. .... I love reading from childhood because of my parents.

6. Nicktabi

Nicktabi New Member

Books are very important to the child's life because they helps in developing his or her focus, they helps to expand his or her brain, they helps to ease the child's feelings, they helps to increase the child vocabulary skills, they helps to expand the child's brain power and they helps to increase the child's way of thinking and reasoning.

7. subhan456f

subhan456f Member

Confidence Levels
    Children who can read well are more likely to have higher confidence levels. This will benefit them in school as they’ll feel able to participate fully in activities. Another part of building confidence and self-esteem is knowing where you fit into the world. Stories can help with this process by showing children what people’s lives are like where they live and in other parts of the world.

Language and Learning
    Stories are a great way to introduce new words and ideas into a child’s language – starting with picture books for the very young, working up to more complex novels for teenagers. Stories can help children learn about concepts such as shape, size, space and colour, up and down, inside and outside, numbers and the names of objects. They can also teach children about everyday tasks, such as how to brush their teeth, taking care of animals, cleaning and tidying and preparing food.

Stories are also useful for teaching more complex ideas, such as the importance of sharing, the passage of time, compassion for others. They can be useful when trying to explain traumatic events, such as family break-ups and bereavement.

Fiction based on real-life can also help children with their own life experience – it shows them how diverse the world is and that some people’s lives are vastly different to theirs.

And what’s so great about learning through stories is that the process

8. Nims

Nims New Member

Books are very important in a child's life. Stories play a vital role in the growth and development of children. The books they read and the characters they get to know can become like friends. They get to know the good values from the characters. It's also good for children to understand that books are a useful source of information and that good reading and language skills are important for success in their future lives.

Children of all ages will learn to develop stronger focus, increased intelligence, creativity and more awareness of the world around them when they dive into reading great books.

9. leogem123

leogem123 New Member

A lot of kinds of books. The real importance of book to the child is they can learn how to read in an easy way.

10. Rexway4

Rexway4 Member

A child need to be train and brought up with books its through books that your child know the basics things that such kids need to know.
    Even in school children are train with books and the type of books they read varies depend on their age,a child can not start reading or learn about things or reading a book that is advance than his or her age, for instance an high school student cant learn what a final year student in a colledge is learning while you are still on high school, so you need to train your child to know about this book routing for smoth advvancement.

11. czari

czari New Member

One of my earliest memories is my mom reading to me before bed. This led to me reading books by my own at a pretty young age. Until now, I have a love for reading that I owe to her.

12. tdiaz003

tdiaz003 New Member

Reading books is an effective way to improve concentration and memory. Since learning starts with reading, children who read habitually are deemed to perform better at school. In addition, reading develops a child's critical thinking skills and boosts their imagination at the same time. Books also open their eyes to the world surrounding them. While children are young, it is necessary for their parents to help them find joy in reading. Once they begin to enjoy reading, it becomes not only a form of brain exercise but also a hobby that they carry over into adulthood.

13. Anj1018

Anj1018 Member

I think it's important to introduce books to kids as earlier as possible since it develops a child reading skills and language skills but it also helps develops a child's imagination which will come handy when a child grows for it can enhance a child's creative thinking.

14. bads05

bads05 Member

It depends on the book, the child must have story books that provide good influence, good learning and can learn important things.

15. sharnjit

sharnjit New Member

Children of all ages will learn to develop stronger focus, increased intelligence, creativity and more awareness of the world around them when they dive into reading great books. We have shared many reasons Why Books are Important for a Child's Development and Why Reading is Important.

16. donald78

donald78 Member

A book has a vital role in the growth and development of children. Children's literature is important because it provides students with opportunities to respond to literature. It is good for children to understand that books are a useful source of information and good reading skills and the success of their future lives. It helps develop emotional intelligence and creativity. Books are packed with knowledge, insights into happy life, life lesson, love, fear, prayer, and helpful advice. Our knowledge is impossible without a book.

17. Russel1Westbrook

Russel1Westbrook New Member

We cant let the young brain of a child not be trained to appreciate and extract knowledge and learn to retain it at a young age this stimulates the brain early so that when they are growing from a 3 year old to when it's time to go to pre school they are already conditioned to think and they will love it

18. Jahro05

Jahro05 New Member

• Reading and storytelling with your child promotes brain development and imagination, teaches your child about language and emotions, and strengthens your relationship.
    • You don’t always need to read books. Try looking at picture books, singing rhymes and songs, or telling stories from your culture.
    • Babies and young children often enjoy books, songs and stories with good rhyme, rhythm and repetition.
    • Anytime is a good time for a book or story! Try to share at least one book or story each day.

19. JTibIV

JTibIV New Member

Growing up, I have always fascinated books. I love reading them, and as an adult I have noticed that i had a more advance vocabulary, a little better imagination and I am a little more creative than my brother who didn’t read books. I think what makes books important to a child’s life is that it will help them a lot as they go through different stages of their life. A lot of books also hold alot of good life lessons and they can learn from them. Books will fuel a child to know more, and explore more