The importance of vitamin c

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Mctavish, Aug 23, 2013.

1. pristine

pristine New Member

I always make sure I have a good source of Vitamin C everyday either in my supplements or in the fruits that I eat. It helps me to have a stronger immune system and helps me prevent from catching colds and flu. I usually take it at night.

1 person likes this.
  2. elybunny

elybunny New Member

I really need vitamin C daily, yes we all know there's a lot of healthy benefits one of my favorite one is that it can help your skin to regenerate antioxidants in the body to make your skin look radiant and glowing, I really fond of taking care my skin and vitamin C is one of the best remedy into the youthful and glowing skin.
    I take a maximum of 500g vitamin C daily and I love the result, can't live without this happy pills

1 person likes this.
  3. DarkPrince3

DarkPrince3 New Member

Vitamin c is the fuel of our immune system. I'm taking 1500mg of vitamin C when I have a cold and especially when I have a fever. I prefer to take a vitamin c rather than taking any other medicine when I have a cough, cold or fever. Vitamin c plus a plenty of water is the best common medicine for most kind of diseases. It contains antioxidants that protect our body from harmful molecules called free radicals. It also helps us to fight high blood pressure. It can be found from most of the fruits and vegetables. Some doctors are using vitamin c to kill viruses and I think that's because it contains antioxidants because it can even fight viruses. So if you are looking for the fruits that contain a high level of vitamin c, then just buy lemons, oranges, calamansi or any kinds of citrus fruits.

4. Matilac

Matilac Member

Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of your body. It is used to: Form an important protein used to make skin, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels. Heal wounds and form scar tissue.

5. lovelyknows

lovelyknows New Member

Vitamin C is used most often for preventing and treating the common cold. Some people use it for other infections including gum disease, acne and other skin conditions, bronchitis, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) disease, stomach ulcers caused by bacteria called Helicobacter pylori, tuberculosis, dysentery (an infection of the lower intestine), and skin infections that produce boils (furunculosis). It is also used for infections or inflammation of the bladder and prostate, nerve pain, and complications during pregnancy.

Additional uses include improving physical endurance and slowing aging, as well as counteracting the side effects of cortisone and related drugs, aiding drug withdrawal in addiction, and reducing side effects of radiation therapy.

Sometimes, people put vitamin C on their skin to protect it against the sun, pollutants, and other environmental hazards. Vitamin C is also applied to the skin to help with damage from radiation therapy.

Vitamin C is required for the proper development and function of many parts of the body. It also plays an important role in maintaining proper immune function.

6. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

It may not be the cure for the common cold (though it's thought to help prevent more serious complications). But the benefits of vitamin C may include protection against immune system deficiencies, cardiovascular disease, prenatal health problems, eye disease, and even skin wrinkling.

7. luv2xacosta

luv2xacosta New Member

The importance of Vitamin C also called as Ascorbic Acid is one of an important antioxidant that protects our body from damaging oxidizing agents. It prevents the oxidation of vitamins A, folic acid, and polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFA). Vitamin C also helps in the formation of collagen, the fibrous structural protein in the the connective tissues that serves as the matrix on which the bone and teeth are formed. It synthesize carnitine, a compound that participates in the transport of fatty acids in to the mitochondria in which it will help to burn our fat; which is why it is very trending to those who wants to lose some weight.Vitamin C also synthesize our hormones and neurotransmitter such as steroids, catecholamine and serotonin. It is also an immune function effector. Vitamin C is very common in preventing scurvy.

8. maryloida

maryloida New Member

Vitamin C is important in making a special hormone in the brain called a neurotransmitter, that helps with brain function. so it's suggested to take vitamins c after breakfast.

But If you get too much vitamin C in your diet, you can get diarrhea and painful stomach aches. and sometimes It’s sometimes used to treat colds and, in very large amounts, can sometimes be used as an additional medicine to treat some cancers.

1 person likes this.
  9. Calay

Calay New Member

The regular consumption of Vitamin C is essential for our body to be able to boost our immune system.Based on clinical studies, people who usually consume 500mg of Vitamin C on a daily basis has a better immune system than those who do not have a regular intake of Vitamin C.It means that those who have greater immune system is protected from harmful bacterias and viruses that causes diseases like flu,infections or allergies. We can get Vitamin C from citrus fruits or an intake of over-the-counter vitamins.

1 person likes this.
  10. ynel03

ynel03 Member

Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of your body. Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is necessary for the growth, development and repair of all body tissues. It's involved in many body functions, including formation of collagen, absorption of iron, the immune system, wound healing, and the maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth.

11. Docalds9899

Docalds9899 New Member

For me Vitamins C are one of the building blocks in our body. Having insufficient of Vitamin C in our body it will cause some disease like Scurvy which is then characterized principally by bone diseases in growing children and by hemorrhages and healing defects in both children and adults.

12. Docalds9899

Docalds9899 New Member

additional info as a medical student, vitamin C has a popular notion that mega doses of vitamin C protect against the common cold or at least allay the symptoms has not been born out by controlled clinical studies. The large excess of vitamin C is promptly excreted in the urine but may cause uricosuria and increased adsorption of iron, with the potential iron overload.

13. davedaot

davedaot New Member

For me Vitamin C is so important in our body, in my own experience when I'm having this allergies in my fingertips, it is a strange allergy because I've went through several doctors but they'll just give me ointments which is just a temporary cure, it just doesn't get to the root of the problem. I tried taking Ascorbic acid also known as Vitamin C, and after several days the allergies seem to fade away, I don't know how but it works like magic.

14. Nethmanila

Nethmanila New Member

Vitamin C is very important to our body because it helps you to fight in viruses that causes cough and cold specially in the winter. It is also important because it reduces the risk of cancer. Fruits like lemon, oranges and other citric fruits ar rich in Vitamin C. Always take Vitamin C as much as possible because it is important need of our body.

15. achikeziah

achikeziah New Member

Vitamin C is very important to have a healthy body. It is a water-soluble vitamin. It is needed for normal growth and development. Water-soluble vitamins dissolve in water. Leftover amounts of the vitamin leave the body through the urine. That means I need an ongoing supply of such vitamins in my diet.

Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of my body. It is used to form an important protein used to make skin, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels, heal wounds and form scar tissue, repair and maintain cartilage, bones, and teeth and last but not the least, aid in the absorption of iron.

Vitamin C is one of many antioxidants. Antioxidants are nutrients that block some of the damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are made when your body breaks down food or when you are exposed to tobacco smoke or radiation. The buildup of free radicals over time is largely responsible for the aging process. Free radicals may play a role in cancer, heart disease, and conditions like arthritis.

The body is not able to make vitamin C on its own, and it does not store vitamin C. It is therefore important to include plenty of vitamin C-containing foods in my daily diet. For many years, vitamin C has been a popular household remedy for the common cold. Research shows that for most people, vitamin C supplements or vitamin C-rich foods do not reduce the risk of getting the common cold. However, people who take vitamin C supplements regularly might have slightly shorter colds or somewhat milder symptoms.

16. babyishii29

babyishii29 New Member

Vitamin C is good for immune boosting and wound healing. It also prevents Gouty arthritis when taken regularly. By the way, it is a good antioxidant too.

17. gettothemoney

gettothemoney New Member

I take Vitamin C everyday because it is a very important vitamin to take and to eat foods with it in them. I take it to keep my immune system go at full force and I've read that it has a number of health benefits, healing wounds and helps with the development and repair of body tissue just to name a few. Vitamin C deficiency can lead to a number of bad situations like dry damaged and painful and swollen joints. I'm going to continue to take it because it is very healthy for you.

18. Renx

Renx New Member

Vitamin C (also known as Ascorbic Acid) is needed for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of your body. It aid to help the body make collagen, an important protein used to make skin, cartilage, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels. Vitamin C is also for healing wounds, and in repairing and maintaining bones and teeth.

19. Mimi25

Mimi25 New Member

Vitamin c can also boost collagen and glutathione productions which will make your skin whiter. Also, it is cheaper and can be used as a whitening supplement for those who wish to have fairer and flawless skin.

20. elirose7890

elirose7890 Member

Vitamin C plays an important role in a number of bodily functions. Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of our body. The body is not able to make vitamin C on its own, and it does not store vitamin C. It is therefore important to include plenty of vitamin C-containing foods in our daily diet.

21. healthyfit07

healthyfit07 New Member

Vitamin C or Ascorbic acid is a water soluble essental vitamin.
    Importance of vitamin C are:
    • Healing of wound
    • Collagen Synthesis
    • Development and maintenance of the immune system
    • Maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth
    • Absorption of iron in the gut
    • Preventing scurvy
    • Prevention of colds and other infections.
    So, take an ample amount of vitamin C ( at least 60 mg per day) to stay healthy.

22. cristina23

cristina23 New Member

vitamin c is very important in our body.it is the most safes and most effective nutrients in our body.it may not be cure for the common colds but it helps to prevent more serious compilations. it serves as protection in our immune system deficiencies such as cardiovascular disease, prenatal health problem eye disease, and even skin wrinkling.

23. veryel28

veryel28 New Member

I am so glad I found this forum.

Almost my entire life I am taking Vitamin C everyday. Trust me, it works wonders. My immune system is so strong when taking vitamin C. Put me in a room of with 9 sick people (let's say they have colds/flu), I can say that there is a 90% chance that I will not be sick because my immune system will fight it.

I recently got a flu because I wan't able to take it for like a week or two. After my vacation, I completely forgot to take it. I am too sick to go the pharmacy (I live alone though -- working away from my hometown), so what I did is I took 3x 500mg of Vit. C that day, and the next day I was totally fine.

I am not saying that it will cure any illness, I just trusted it enough to boost my immune system so it will kill any virus inside me.

24. Remziel

Remziel Member

Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is necessary for the growth, development and repair of all body tissues. It's involved in many body functions, including formation of collagen, absorption of iron, the immune system, wound healing, and the maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth.

25. Lovelee27

Lovelee27 New Member

If you are looking for the vitamins that can help your immune system strong then vitamin C is the right for you.
    Taking vitamin C once a day or 3 times a day can help your body fight the cough, flu and colds. And help also your skin to lighten. It also recommend for stronger our gums and bone. Vitamins C is also a antioxidant that help our skin look young and fresh. It can reduce the risk to our health. We can take Vitamins C daily for healthy life.

26. halsoriano

halsoriano Member

Vitamin C is important to our body. We need it everyday because our body cannot produce vitamin C itself so we must take it everyday to avoid damages to our immune system. When taking vitamin C make sure it is sodium ascorbate, Why? because sodium ascorbate is water soluble and can only protect water soluble forms from oxidation a mineral salt that comes from ascorbic acid , meaning sodium ascorbate is milder than ascorbic acid.

Some people when taking ascorbic acid they lead to stomach upset, the reason why is because ascorbic acid is pure so the stomach can't take the acid and leading to abdominal pain and acidity in some people, while the sodium ascorbate is mild and more stomach friendly even with an empty stomach you can take it without any abdominal pains. So I recommend Vitamin C in sodium ascorbate for mild and safe supplement.

27. Nino01

Nino01 New Member

Vitamin C Enhances our Immune System. Change of weather and other factor can easily give a negative effect in our body especially if you have a low immune system making you susceptible to Coughs, Colds and flu. Vitamin C facilitates the absorption of iron and therefore strengthens the body's resistance to infection.
    Vitamin C restores and generate tissues to protect against heart disease as it aid in the iron absorption and decreases your bad cholesterol and triglycerides.
    Vitamin C also lower your blood pressure and decreases the chances of hypertension as well as serious health problems that may accompany high blood pressure.
    Vitamin C can aid in losing fat and maintaining a healthy weight and since Vitamin C is high in antioxidant properties it protect the cells from DNA damage and mutation, It supports the body's immune system and prevent certain cancer forming compounds from forming in the body and also helps in regulating the sugar levels, reducing the risk of getting diabetes. Vitamin C influences glucose in our body cells and protects against many complication of diabetes.

28. Liezel24

Liezel24 New Member

I bought a Vitamin C in a drug store near us. I asked what a good vitamin c for me, I was so excited that the Pharmacist offered me a certain type of vitamin c that Sodium Ascorbate could be for acidic people. This can be a drink though my stomach is empty. I can drink vitamin c Sodium Ascorbate, anytime anywhere though my stomach is empty, unlike Ascorbic acid it can not drink my stomach empty because it causes pain in my stomach.

I'm taking vitamin c because it strengthens my immune system, makes my skin look good, I'm so feel great, I'm not sick and most of all, vitamin C is a lot of help in my body.

In my family of my friends who often have cough, cold, flu, and easily depressed at work I also offer them to take vitamin c. My husband and my daughter are also take vitamin c as they are healthy and lively like me.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  29. Mariane24

Mariane24 New Member

Vitamin C is a vital nutrient for health. It helps form and maintain bones, skin, and blood vessels. It occurs naturally in some foods, especially, fruit and vegetables.

30. JPAN18

JPAN18 Member

Vitamin C's Role in the Body. Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is necessary for the growth, development and repair of all body tissues. It's involved in many body functions, including formation of collagen, absorption of iron, the immune system, wound healing, and the maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth.