To skip or not to skip breakfast?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by NBair, May 17, 2015.

1. kervymestiola

kervymestiola New Member

The evidence is clear, there is nothing "special" aboutbreakfast. It probably does not matter whether you eator skip breakfast, as long as you eat healthy for the rest of the day. Breakfast does not "jump start" your metabolism and skipping it does not automatically make you over eat and gain weight. But for me, i do not skip breakfast for it gives me more energy within the day.

2. Charlotte03

Charlotte03 New Member

Not skipping breakfast! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It is where we get our energy from the rest of the day. It helps you to have that energy and stamina to endure all the work that you will do. It also helps you to think. Plus it is good for your health, that's why if you are on a diet breakfast is important because if you eat a lot in breakfast you can eat less in the afternoon. So, let's go for not skipping breakfast. :)

3. topherjay123

topherjay123 New Member

It really depends on your current heath status
    1) if you are trying to gain weight you are not allowed to skip breakfast to have a proper weight gain.
    2) if you are trying to lose weight, you are advise to skip breakfast and do some intermittent fasting to see visible result.

4. topherjay123

topherjay123 New Member

true, and it will make you look so tired.

5. Rickyross18

Rickyross18 New Member

The evidence is clear, there is nothing "special" about breakfast. It probably does not matter whether you eat orskip breakfast, as long as you eathealthy for the rest of the day.Breakfast does not "jump start" your metabolism and skipping it does notautomatically make you overeat and gain weight

6. dasquire60

dasquire60 New Member

For me the most important meal of the day is breakfast. I have to prepare at least 2 bread toast sometimes 3 , fried egg,cheese and coffee. I have to add sweet cakes to go with my coffee. I enjoy my breakfast more than my dinner. Always looking forward to it.Will never dream of skipping it no way!

7. alexkt90

alexkt90 New Member

Well I wont bring up any studies.
    For what I believe from years of my life, I recommend to not to skip breakfast.
    It brings energy to body after a long rested fasted night.

8. joyee-UJrB

joyee-UJrB New Member

for me in my experience skipping your breakfast is very hard, you don't concentrate your work to do well. sometimes you get dizzyness, sometimes my breath is stinking. The morning meal is a weapon for a sound mind.

9. CaptainDee

CaptainDee Member

Never ever skip breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Just want to share a simple saying, in breakfast eat like a King, in lunch eat like a Queen and in dinner eat like a peasant. Have a good day.

10. Marshawn

Marshawn New Member

[​IMG]
    MarshawnNew Member
    Based on the research that I've done I believe.. (key word believe) that it might be a little healthier to skip breakfast. A few reason why I feel that way is because most people have good energy in the morning or a.m and don't have the knowledge on what to put inside their bodies to start their day. Most people suppress their energy by choosing a gigantic breakfast or a gigantic unhealthy breakfast that doesn't bring energy to them, but actually suppress the early morning energy.. Knowledge can solve this equation. My second theory on breakfast or not is based on the sun being at it s highest point at 12 noon. The reason the suns noon position is important is because your bodies digestion works best when the sun is at its highest point, which would be 12 noon. So to conclude this post I would simply say to try an energetic non caffeinated tea or fresh water to start your day and choose a healthy lunch that works well with your bodies natural chemistry.

11. Lana89

Lana89 New Member

Of course i wouldn’t recommend skipping Breakfast as it’s the most important meal in your day. And by doing so you will not lose weight at the end of your diet plan, also your body will not get its sufficient amount of vitamins and energy to start and pump your day.

12. Momamba

Momamba New Member

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day , skipping it is bad for the health. If your on a diet that would be understandable but it's not an excuse to at least take a light breakfast.

13. Shiela16

Shiela16 New Member

It is so important to eat breakfast before anything else since it will be your source of energy to start your day. And having an empty stomach to start your day will affect your daily living.

14. Pedong

Pedong New Member

Skipping breakfast is not a good idea! Most studies I've read have shown that eating a filling and healthy breakfast is good for you and will help you lose weight. Eggs are a great breakfast idea, since they're filled with protein. Hard boiled eggs can be prepared the night before so you can just grab them and go. Are you on any dietary restrictions?
    I'd say anything with protein will be good for your breakfast. I have toast with peanut butter sometimes, which is quick and easy.
    [​IMG]

15. shienah24

shienah24 New Member

I think its important to start the day with a proper breakfast because if your stomach is full you don't need to be bothered with anything. And your day will go smoothly according to its daily activities.

16. 118

118 New Member

For me personally its okay to skip breakfast, if your not hungry. It will help you to loose weight, if that is your goal for skipping breakfast.If your hungry dont try to skip breakfast just eat right food "Real Food". Eat right amount of food with less sugar or carbohydrates in it. On a day to day basis and if your working, "you need to eat breakfast".

17. JoyRam

JoyRam New Member

Try to eat breakfast every day and not to skip it. People who eat breakfast are less likely to overeat later in the day.
    A balanced breakfast that contains both protein and healthy carbohydrates can provide a steady and sustained release of energy into your system.

Break the past, eat breakfast!

18. Chasejoie

Chasejoie New Member

Don't skip breakfast cos that's the time you need energy for the whole day, skipping breakfast can give you problems in your body and actions. For example your at work or school and you didn't eat, you will feel hungry, can't think properly, you don't have energy to complete a task. Breakfast is very important, try this saying and it will help you too, "Eat like a king in the morning, eat like a queen at lunch and eat like a beggar at night, so it's balance.

19. Hdenny

Hdenny New Member

I have been rehabilitated from breakfast skipper to breakfast eater. I used to claim skipping breakfast was better, because whenever I ate breakfast I was actually hungrier at lunch! BUT....once I started to eat breakfast, yes I am hungrier at lunch, but I am also less hungry at supper. Therefore in the long run I end up eating less.

20. Isaac mwewa

Isaac mwewa Member

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, over the long period of sleep enzymes break down the food available in the stomach, in the morning a large amount of enzymes are large in numbers and scretions of other digestive juices exist in the stomach , high rate of digestive processes occur in the morning.

21. Magnum

Magnum New Member

People know this already that breakfast is the most important meal of the day because its where you first eat a meal after waking up in the morning. So you cant skip breakfast because it will give you energy and help you finish the things you want to do in the morning schedules like in school and work.

22. Sydfishes

Sydfishes New Member

It's not particularly important whether you skip breakfast or not. Intermittent Fasting is a health and weight loss tool used by many. It involves either skipping breakfast or dinner so that you fast for a total of 16hrs. IF is effective in helping regulate insulin in the body, and a good way to control the number of calories you intake. I recommend looking up Dr. Jason Fung for a more informed explanation of its effects. That being said, everyone is different. If you find breakfast helps you, just make sure its a healthy one. Avoid cereal, pastries, and bread (at least white bread). Go for whole foods like oats, eggs, and fruit.

23. CalvinGold

CalvinGold New Member

Skipping breakfast is not a good idea! Most studies I've read have shown that eating a filling and healthy breakfast is good for you and will help you lose weight. I'm not for or against breakfast. If I'm hungry, I eat. If I'm not, I don't force myself to eat. When I do have breakfast I try to keep it healthy and as simple as possible. Half an avocado on wholegrain toast with a poached egg is a favourite. I also keep ziplock bags in the freezer containing ingredients to make a smoothie.

Eating breakfast is so important for weight loss as well as hormone balance. When you eat a high protein breakfast it will help to balance blood sugar levels and help to regulate cortisol levels which in turn will help with weight loss. What you eat is important as well. You want to stay away from high sugared breakfast items and opt for a high protein clean breakfast. A great breakfast could be 1/2 cup of oats with 1 egg and some blueberries.

Countless time I ate an enormous breakfast and a big lunch, but when it came time to have dinner, I just couldn't fit any more in. Having a small dinner means you will lose weight, because you do not use up many calories when you sleep. Also, if you have a small dinner, it will be easier to wake up with an empty stomach and consume a big breakfast.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and also the time where you should eat the most. I barely have time in the morning to make all the food that I am supposed to eat in the morning which is why I am a huge fun of meal preparation. For example if some chicken breast is left over from dinner or whatever meat you have left, put it in a lunch box with cutted vegetables that you like in a salad. Prepare the dressing in a bowl or in a container whatever you have at home. Then in the morning put the dressing in the lunchbox and shake the box (I wouldnt do this with tomatoes) and you're done. If I still have time left I make myself a sandwich with wholewheat toast and guacamole!

24. Remziel

Remziel Member

Some people don’t eat breakfast because they don’t feel they have enough time to do it when they are on their way to work or another activity. Some don’t eat it because they don’t feel hungry. Some don’t eat it because they actually feel a little sick in the morning and the idea of eating makes them feel even more sick. Some don’t eat it because they don’t like traditional breakfast foods. I don’t eat it because of all those reasons. When my day starts with breakfast, it goes downhill from there.

25. freddie42

freddie42 New Member

I never like having breakfast in the morning because after brushing my teeth ,I don't like the taste of the colgate is still in my mouth.I would wait a couple of hours after I brush my teeth before eat anything.
    Other than that,I'm not used to having breakfast early in the morning but sometimes I wake up early and just make a cup of coffee to start my day off.

26. Leenvel

Leenvel New Member

"Never skip breakfast" my grandma always tell me that."Breakfast is the best meal of the day" she added and that's the reason why I never skip breakfast.
    For me breakfast is very important because it fuels our body for our day's work. And common who wouldn't want a breakfast with the someone we love? With our family? Or even with our pet. Try it, it's fun and it will surely benefit your health.

27. BlackCaps

BlackCaps New Member

Health Benefits of Coffee:

1: It is dynamic for ‘Nerves’ and ‘Muscles’.

2: It is reduce the feeling of tiredness.

3: It is speed up the process of ‘Blood circulation’ and ‘Breathing’.

4: In winter season the benefits of coffee is, It’s provide the stability to movements of body.

Read more : 102% benefits of coffee i hope very helpful to you.

28. Mariane24

Mariane24 New Member

I don't skip breakfast. And everyone should not skip their breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I highly advice to eat heavy breakfast every morning so that you have the energy for a whole day. Skipping breakfast is not a good idea. Your brain will not function well if you skip breakfast everyday.

29. mye0621

mye0621 New Member

Eat breakfast like the rich and dinner like the poor. Always make sure to have a good healthy breakfast. A breakfast bar or a cup of coffee is not breakfast. Having a good breakfast is the beginning to a very productive day. It helps your body start working and start burning calories since the start of your day and one of the best ways to lose weight. If you have a good breakfast it helps have the energy to push you through a full day of work, and having a smaller dinner helps your body to be able do digest it while your body is at rest that way all of the extra calories from a big dinner that are not being burned are not turning into fat while you are sleep.

30. Floris564

Floris564 New Member

Well, it's not bad to skip breakfast if you do intermittent fasting. But the first thing I do before eating my breakfast is drinking half a liter of water. Eating more in the morning instead of in the evening will help weight loss. It's your own choice, I like to eat breakfast.