To skip or not to skip breakfast?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by NBair, May 17, 2015.

1. SiyaCol

SiyaCol New Member

There are several negative health effects of skipping breakfast including weight gain, osteoporosis, heart disease, irritability or mood swings, menstrual irregularity, low memory, low energy levels, and hormonal stress.

The wise saying, “Breakfast is the typical important meal of the day” has been spoken by several mothers throughout the ages.

Negative Health Effects Of Skipping Breakfast:
    Bad For the Heart:

• People who skip breakfast have more chances of supporting heart attack as compared to those who eat breakfast.
    • People who avoid breakfast are more likely increased susceptibility to hypertension that results in clogging of arteries.
    Hair Loss:
    • A major side effect of skipping breakfast is hair loss.
    • A meal that has low levels of protein can affect the levels of keratin.
    • Protein-rich breakfast helps in lush, strong hair with zero hair fall.
    Affect Metabolism:

Skipping breakfast result in low metabolism, thus according to several studies on the importance of breakfast, people who eat breakfast have a higher level of metabolism.

And Many More:-

2. Addiepogi

Addiepogi New Member

Nope! it is a big mistake to skip breakfast remember breakfast is the most important meal of the day, It is necessary to take carbohydrates to your breakfast because that would be your source of energy for the next 5 hours.

3. AzzyWasHere

AzzyWasHere New Member

Please, do not skip breakfast. Not eating, in general, is extremely unhealthy. Your body needs proper nutrients to perform its basic functions. Breakfast is especially important because it is your body's chance to refuel after not eating for 8+ hours. Additionally, its what gets your metabolism up and running in the morning.

4. brandomcqueen

brandomcqueen New Member

I have read so many times in the web that breakfast is the most importnat meal of the day. But I also read somewhere that breakfast is just an invention or marketing ploy of manufacturers who sell cereals and other food that are supposedly good to be consumed in the morning. But I guess it is for the individual to find out for himself as to what should be his most important meal of the day for we all have different situations in life.

5. fordhamgirl914

fordhamgirl914 New Member

I agree with the studies that do promote fasting. Your body is naturally detoxing up until 10 am. I personally do intermitting fasting and stay hydrated when doing so. Think of the word literally, BREAK FAST. Your breaking your fast the moment you eat which can be at anytime after your fasting is complete. Once I BREAK my FAST, I do so with nutritious fruits.

6. veselinnesterov

veselinnesterov New Member

Follow what your body is telling you. If you feel hungry eat, if you don't - skip the breakfast. In my experience so far what matters at the end of the day - regarding loosing weight or gaining - it's the calories intake on a daily basis. When you are not hungry - why force yourself to do something that you body does not want to, it is a non - sense. Let it be a natural process, you can never regret it.

7. AronDhooge

AronDhooge New Member

Don't skip breakfast to lose weight! You will feel hungry after skipping breakfast and therefor you will eat unhealthy foods. What I can recommend is doing some training before breakfast, because your body is forced into taking energy from your fat, because your stomach is empty. After this you can have breakfast and you won't be hungry in the morning + you burnt some calories in your training.

8. supahcharles

supahcharles New Member

I think that you should never skip a meal that establishes your mood for the day. Why would you even start your day with an empty stomach. Have that meal and plunge into the energy to defeat your tasks, be productive and reach your goals. Without breakfast, you might lose energy, then your focus, then your ability to be productive, then your happiness. You see, there's a lot at stake... with having your breakfast.

9. pseudolly

pseudolly New Member

Everyone keeps on saying, and of course its is a fact that breakfast is the most important meal of the day but somehow, I find myself unintentionally skipping it. I just don’t have appetite so early in the morning, I prefer brunch!

10. Deeyhan

Deeyhan New Member

I prefer not to skip breakfast. I highly recommended taking breakfast before anything. I practice it mostly of a time and Until now. For me its better to have atleast breakfast in wholeday. It will keep us, energetic throughout the day. Breakfast is most important than lunch and dinner. Based in my experience, It was the reason why i keep on loosing my wieght in a good way. I didn't get extra weight that could possibly add on my pounds.

11. instantpudding

instantpudding New Member

I've tried both methods, but I can't decide which is my favorite. I do enjoy breakfast, but I feel fine without it. I've been trying intermittent fasting a bit, to lose baby weight, and it's been working so far.

12. JassyC

JassyC New Member

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!! It was termed "breakfast" because we need to break the fasting we have done during our sleep. Even though our body do not do much activities while sleeping, it still utilizes the substances produced for the activities of each body system. Since we did not eat for more than 6 hours during sleep, the stomach still produces acid, and excessive acid in your stomach makes your body uncomfortable that's why we need to neutralize such acid production by eating enough food.

13. utkvodka

utkvodka New Member

For temporary fat loss people often Skip breakfast.. Though this is true since you burn calories on an empty stomach
    You ruin and detoriate your metabolism which is responsible for burning calories in the first place.
    So if you are concerned about your long term health than temporary fat loss
    I do not recomment skipping your breakfast

14. JPAN18

JPAN18 Member

Never skip breakfast. You should eat breakfast before starting your busy day.

15. imaryjoy

imaryjoy New Member

breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
    I would say; not to skip eating breakfast

16. Rejoyce

Rejoyce Member

I don't skip breakfast. It's the most important meal of the day. Without breakfast, you can't think soundly. You should pack yourself with nutrients at the start of the day. Besides, I commute for more than two hours in the morning. I may felt dizzy if I skip breakfast.

1 person likes this.
  17. Rowenafranco

Rowenafranco New Member

Eat breakfast everyday.It is needed by our body to be healthy .There's a saying during breakfast ,eat like a king,lunch eat like a queen and dinner eat like a slave.

18. Marcosdc

Marcosdc Member

Not to skip because breakfast is the most important meal in a day, you an skip dinner but not breakfast. Start your day right have your breakfast done and go to work with full energy.

19. Esang

Esang New Member

Skipping beakfast is a bad habit as it may slow down your metabolism and may also increase of having a gastritis or ulcers. If you are not a breakfast person at least drink warm water or eat at least a biscuits.

20. Michael07

Michael07 Member

For me, it is very good for our health not to skip breakfast. I have read in many social media sites that it's better to skip lunch or dinner rather than skipping breakfast because it is the most important time to eat a meal. Studies have shown that consuming breakfast first thing in the morning greatly decreases hunger and cravings throughout the day, it improves our memory, prevent us from acquiring diabetes, and helps us lose weight. Beside this, there still so many benefits of eating breakfast so we better start not skipping our breakfast.

21. Jenim

Jenim New Member

Skipping breakfast is not good for health it will cause some serious health problems studies shows skipping breakfast leads to brain damage, always have your breakfast because breakfast is breaking the fast after 9 long hours of not eating anything always have your breakfast

22. angeloflight

angeloflight Member

I have been trying to loose weight for almost.. forever but I never skip breakfast. I believe breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Starting my day without breakfast is a disaster. I never start my day with an empty stomach because it would cause a chain reaction. If I am hungry thinking straight is almost impossible. I loose my focus and it is never a good way to start my day. I get grumpy and I get angry so easily. So I eat my breakfast and start my day right.

23. mariebernadette

mariebernadette New Member

I can't start my day without having breakfast because it is what keeps my energy up. Before, when I went into a strict diet plan, I tried skipping breakfast but I had a very hard time with my day. Without breakfast, I felt sleepy and I can't think properly, hence I am unproductive the whole day.

24. HimeSaisumi

HimeSaisumi New Member

Not to skip breakfast. Some studies shows that it the best meal for the day.

25. leodavid09

leodavid09 Member

Don't skip breakfast. It gives you an energy boost in the morning. The one you can skip is dinner, if not, reduce food amount in dinner...

1 person likes this.
  26. pceug17

pceug17 Member

I firmly believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. However, due to its time constraints, we opt to skip this meal. So, my vote is to never skip breakfast

27. kimfamilara

kimfamilara New Member

I always believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. That is not to say that other meals are not as important as breakfast. Personally, I wake up hungry in the morning. That in it is enough reason not to skip morning meals. Secondly, when you are busy for the whole day , as to meeting requirements, doing errands or just caught in the traffic, chances are, you will not be able to eat lunch on proper time. It is better to infuse yourself first thing in the morning to be prepared no matter what kind of day you will have.

28. gobbledygook

gobbledygook Member

I'm a firm believer that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I never skip breakfast.

29. Hanna08

Hanna08 New Member

Its okay to not eat on lunch and dinner but don't skip the breakfast because it is the energy came from to do your work to whole day

30. denisemuriel

denisemuriel New Member

My mother used to tell me not to skip breakfast cause it will give you energy for the whole day.
    Skipping the morning meal can throw off your body’s rhythm of fasting and eating. When you wake up, the blood sugar your body needs to make your muscles and brain work their best is usually low. Breakfast helps replenish it.

If your body doesn’t get that fuel from food, you may feel zapped of energy and you'll be more likely to overeat later in the day.

Breakfast also gives you a chance to get in some vitamins and nutrients from healthy foods like dairy, grains, and fruits. If you don’t eat it, you aren’t likely to get all of the nutrients your body needs.

if you really have no time in the morning, at least boil 2 eggs the night before so can eat them in the morning while going to work.