To work locally or abroad

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by nanjb12, Jan 26, 2019.

1. nanjb12

nanjb12 Member

What would it take to work abroad? Would you choose higher salary in abroad or a average salary locally with your family?

2. romilda

romilda Member

Just working locally in order to be with my family.

3. rvtamayo

rvtamayo Member

Having to work abroad comes with a price, money and loneliness. But to me, it is not about the money that you can accumulate when you go to work abroad. Many of my fellow Filipinos think that working abroad is the answer to all their problems but it is not. They are just looking for the easy way out. Many families suffer because they fail to re-establish their relationships when they return home. Some lose all their earnings very fast because they did not put attention on learning how to handle money.

4. Bcaluag

Bcaluag Member

I used to work abroad and my family supported me. but working abroad is not easy because working abroad you need to learn how to live alone, also how to take care of yourself, because you will do your own laundry cooking your own food in short you need to be independent and lastly you need to be emotionally strong because sometimes loneliness will eat you but it will just pass by. Just always remember the main reason why your working so hard so don't be tempted to all the vices you might encounter while your working abroad.

5. janaya24

janaya24 New Member

Helping the family financially is one of the good traits that we Filipinos possess. I myself have worked abroad for this purpose. What I realized is that money is needed but being with your loved ones is the most important. Being able to see your children grow right before your eyes, being able to teach them right from wrong, being able to take good care of your parents when they grow old. All of these is priceless. No amount of money can replace these. Work near my family or locally will be the one I will prefer.

6. marcbarredo13

marcbarredo13 Member

I choose to work locally. Here in the Philippines. I'm not sure if it is a tradition but most of the Filipinos work abroad after college and go back to the Philippines after they have finish they children with their studies and if they give them a good and finance-settled life. But I don't agree with this because going abroad, you sacrifice your chance to be with your family and you miss the chance of seeing your children growing up and your spouse growing old which is not abundance for me. Your children will not have a role model and no one will teach them the right ethics and values in life but some Filipinos have no choice but to go abroad because there are more job opportunities with higher salaries which is so depressing. But choosing to live with your family until our time comes is priceless and no amount of money can exchange the happiness we feel. I hope this helps you. :)

7. Georgeliner

Georgeliner Member

Working abroud is fun because i will get more skills,invent new ideas,make more friends and earn a decent income.

8. rustypaller

rustypaller Member

Let me start by saying that the IT world is so globalized now that you will get opportunities to travel whichever company you decide to work with. However, company-sponsored travel opportunities may not come as fast as you would like. Company-sponsored travel also depends on the size of the company, and the annual budget allocated for travel. Some years are better than others, but when a company is in a pinch, travel budgets get hacked first.

9. rustypaller

rustypaller Member

nterested in finding a career abroad? The excitement of experiencing a new place, as well as earning a competitive salary makes working overseas an attractive prospect for many folks. From Malaysia to Indonesia, Taiwan to Singapore, Asia’s workforce are looking to go abroad to explore their options.

10. BigEyes

BigEyes Member

As much as I wanted to work abroad so I can give a better future for my daughter but I don't have no one who can take care of her If I work abroad.Its really hard to raise her alone.I don't have any family support from my own family.I learn to be independent at early age.

11. febe

febe New Member

Life is a bit hard especially when our finances can no longer suffice all our needs amidst increasing prices of the basic commodities. Nevertheless, life will be harder for me when I am not with my family. I have nothing against finding a job overseas in fact, I also find it exciting but with my personality, I don't know if I can survive the loneliness of living away from my family. Hence, working abroad is not an option for me... for now.:)

12. Jeahan08

Jeahan08 Member

Abroad because our family need more money to support my siblings education.

13. masterryan31

masterryan31 Member

The main reason why we work, regardless if it's locally or abroad is simply because we need to earn a living, especially for our family. If the concern is only based on how to earn more, then working abroad is obviously the better choice. The catch is that, first, it's going to be really tough especially if you're not used to live independently (which is common in the Philippines), and secondly, perhaps most importantly, is that you will surely miss the chance to be with your family. You wouldn't just miss the time, but mostly the chance to guide them, and to make them feel you love them. But working abroad is not really bad. Remember that OFW's (overseas Filipino workers) are regarded as the modern-day heroes. It's a big boost to our economy, especially in maintaining the dollar reserves in our government's treasury.
    Working abroad though is still fine, but not for parents who leave their children unguided, but for single and young citizens who doesn't have to sacrifice children.
    So for choosing to work between locally or abroad, I may say that you must first ask your self what's your first priority.

14. Joel2019

Joel2019 Member

Poverty is the main reason why people travel and work abroad. Especially here in the Philippines where lack of education is really high, we were pushed to work outside the country in order to provide for our family. And to tell you honestly, it's really not that easy.

15. userhichou1

userhichou1 Member

Working abroud is fun

16. Anjin

Anjin Member

I don't really like working abroad, I'm comfortable working within my country but because of financial and personal problems, I'm willing to work abroad.

17. jajamon04

jajamon04 Member

If given a chance, I would prefer to work abroad.

18. mayimayi

mayimayi Member

When I was still single, my answer is definitely work abroad, there are lots of opportunity and you can also meet lots of people. You get to travel and learn others' culture. But when I get married and gave birth to my daughter, I know I can't leave them. I am now seizing all the opportunities that I can get and also enjoying my family.

19. ariieskid

ariieskid Member

The only thing that is good to work locally is when your country itself economy is good. If your country also pays you for a good amount of prices. But the thing here in my place, Philippines, you can't find jobs easily or worse, if you do have a job, but the salary itself is really low that can't be paid by the commitment you've done in your work. Filipinos for example who work abroad has a huge salary range ofc depending on the job also. People will always go to jobs that are given good salaries by the time you are working.

20. lynsana

lynsana New Member

locally is way better but if you have a family to feed. maybe you have to try to work for aborad.