Treadmill at home?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by akp100, May 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. akp100

akp100 New Member

This is always confusion for me. Here at our home there are more users who used to walk daily (not in gym) including me. But going out for walk on road with traffic is bit awkward. Here we don't have proper place around it. And going for gym all us I guess just for walking purpose is not worthy (it will be more costly).

So how about having treadmill at home. I mean it is not that cheap to have. But if I consider gym fees for all of us then I guess it can be worthy. What you say?

Still I am confused about it. I would love some suggestions from you guys? What you say about it?

2. BrandonR

BrandonR New Member

That is a really good option if you want to walk, going to the gym for me is for a more intense training but for walking i love to go to the park with my dog and just walk around for a while or play with a frisbee, if i didn't have the option i would buy a treadmill so i can at least have the sensation of walking.

What i've seen some people do with their threadmills is reading a book while they walk slowly or they watch a show while they run.

3. Annie Rose

Annie Rose New Member

We have a treadmill at home and it's one of the wisest decisions we ever made. I use it whenever I can and considering I don't really live in an area that's very safe for walking, I wouldn't give my treadmill up for anything. I'm sure not a gym person and there aren't any around here even if I would be.

Next on my list of "wants" is a stationary bike... I'd love to have one. We did in the past but it was used so heavily that it broke a number of years ago and we haven't replaced it yet. Not sure where I'd put it, and that's the biggest problem with not having one yet.

4. rjohndava86

rjohndava86 New Member

Buying a treadmill is not an easy decision. First it is expensive, but if you are a busy person and you have no time to go to gym or if you are living in a crowded urban place it is wise to buy a treadmill. It will not only you that will benefit it but your entire family. On the contrary, if you are living in rural place don't but treadmill. Enjoy the fresh air while doing jog everyday in your community it is the same like you are doing exercise in treadmill. So before buying the treadmill think several times.

5. romilda

romilda Member

My wish is to have it one day.

6. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

I would like to have one and some weights and an exercise bench as well.

7. mvillere

mvillere New Member

I wish I had a treadmill at home. I feel like I would be motivated to exercise much more often if it did not involved getting dressed and leaving the house. Walking on a treadmill while catching up on your favorite shows is a great way to burn calories, considering normally you would be sitting on the sofa.

8. catherineacorda

catherineacorda New Member

Whenever my friends hear that I drag myself out of bed at 5:15 am every morning so I can spend 30 minutes running on the treadmill before starting my crazy busy day of preschool, errands, cooking, laundry, and keeping up with this blog, they think I am absolutely CRAZY. But you know what? It goes a long way in making me a better parent (and wife!). Not only does it help me manage my stress so I can be more patient throughout the day, but it also makes me feel fantastic. And the better I feel, the more likely we are to have a rocking day, right??!

9. jvhlxi

jvhlxi Member

Buying a treadmill means no more working out in a sweaty, crowded gym or getting changed in those funky-smelling locker rooms. No more dodging piles of dog waste on the sidewalk. And no more close-calls with drivers not paying attention while you’re out for a morning jog.

Plus, treadmills aren’t just a one-trick pony. You can switch up your workouts to include a variety of cardio that includes walking, jogging, sprinting and running. Commit to that combo and nothing will stop you from losing weight, improving your heart health, gaining muscles, and increasing your endurance!

Moreover, you can also talk on the phone, work on your PC or Laptop, and watch television while working out on the treadmill at home. As multitasking is possible with the treadmill, your exercise becomes more fun and appealing.

10. mayimayi

mayimayi Member

Buying a treadmill doesn't give you the assurance that you'll have a fabulous body, because the news is, you have to use it! Trust me, we have this treadmill in our home but I've been struggling my weight ever since, so the golden rule of buying anything that you think will help you keep your weight goal is, you have to work your butt of!

11. Dietjay

Dietjay New Member

Treadmill at home is okay. You get sweat and make your heart beat fast so that you will attain a good circulation of blood. But I believe that the sunlight in the morning and the fresh air outside is very energizing and refreshing. The sunlight every morning provides vitamin D. Exposing your skin for about 15-30 in the sunlight is good enough. Walking, jogging or running for less than an hour outside in the morning is free and more effective.

12. ruthc

ruthc New Member

Treadmill at home is not a bad idea if you can afford. Working at home is not only for yourself as well as for your family members. For me it is cost friendly rather than gym monthly membership and at on your comfort. No time limits, no travel time to consider and no family time to compromise.

13. NMac

NMac New Member

I bought a treadmill for home about a year ago. I used it 5 days a week, initially, and I got up to a good incline level. I was experiencing some pain in the arch of my foot after a time, and I had to cut back on the number of days I used it. I now ride a bike 3 days a week and use the treadmill two days a week. Sometimes I alternate and use the treadmill 3 days and ride two days. This mix of the two has worked well for me.

14. Thaxton

Thaxton New Member

I have a treadmill in my home. I've used it sporadically since we bought it. I realized early on that I lack the self discipline and attention span to not get distracted while at home. If I commit to driving to the gym, I will complete my workout without a stop. There is also a competitive aspect to going to the gym. It's juvenile and judgmental, but at the gym I am able to compare my performance and pace to the other members on the treadmill. Pride and vanity compel me to work out harder than I would on my home treadmill. I do find it useful on bad weather days, when I don't want to get out and go to the gym.

15. Cvile

Cvile New Member

If you have no place to run/walk, a treadmill is an awesome alternative.
    But since you already are doing the walking why not hit some weight in the gym?

16. jeda30

jeda30 Member

Treadmill Isn't that cheap but if you really want to do be healthy but don't have enough time to go to that gym then it would be better for you to have one.

17. LightPatch

LightPatch Member

I don’t recommend having a treadmill at home because it’s better to walk outside than using it at home. You will be more satisfied and happy if you go outside. You can also make new friends when you’re jogging outside because there’s a higher chance that you will see someone that jog also. You will become healthy and at the same time, making new friends.