Walk it out

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Shopgirl, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Shopgirl

Shopgirl New Member

Just like a lot of people out there, I absolutely hate going to the gym and I dread having to work out! Just the thought of running, doing push ups or sit ups makes me tired! However, I do want to stay fit and be healthy. You can't have your cake and eat it too! I figured some exercise is better than none at all, right? I may not be sweating it out or hitting the gym hard but I do try to walk everyday for at least 30 minutes to an hour. I usually wait until after dinner, later in the evening. The sun is setting and my neighbors are in their homes getting settled in for the night. Definitely a quieter time in my neighborhood. I prefer this time of day so that I can get away for a bit and have some quiet time alone. Just me and my thoughts without any disturbances. I find that walking is very relaxing and a good stress reliever. I enjoy the fresh air, watching the clouds, seeing the pretty flowers, hearing the birds singing, seeing an occasional bunny or 2 while I am out walking. Although I enjoy the quiet time and relaxing walks, there are times that I like to bring my iPod and keep at a faster pace. I've found that Lady Gaga, Kesha and Britney Spears have good up tempo songs that help you walk faster when you walk to the beat. Here are some songs from my "Walking Playlist". Hope you enjoy! :)
    Toxic, Circus, Till The World Ends and Womanizer are all songs by Britney Spears. Bad Romance, Poker Face, Born This Way, Paparazzi and Just Dance are all songs by Lady Gaga. Blow, Tik Tok, Die Young, Your Love Is My Drug and We R Who We R are all songs by Kesha. What are some of your favorite songs to walk to?

2. mibridina2001

mibridina2001 Member

Just a few minutes of walking everyday can help lose weight. Walk it out.