what are some of your favorite old school games?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by chood611, May 24, 2015.

1. chood611

chood611 New Member

I love to play old school video games. My all time favorite is super mario for the super nintendo. I also really enjoy tetris. Im really good at it, my husband and I have tetris tournaments..I usually win haha. I also like sonic the hedgehog and crash bandacoot..what are some of your favorite games?

2. davester

davester New Member

It isn't too old school but I'm not too old so.. A lot of recent app ads have got me thinking about Age of Empires. When I was a kid I thought it was the greatest game ever, I still remember the excitement of building a Wonder. When I compare modern games to what I remember about it... I don't see anything that new games have that Age of Empires didn't (except more pay-to-win extras?). Great game, far ahead of its time.

3. Wow talk about old school games, I just wrote a reply on one of the blogs, about how long I have been a gamer. The first ever video game I have played was the game called "Pong" then there was "Breakout" and "Centipede". I remember playing them on a local pizza parlor during the late 70's and early 80's and what I loved about them is that if yo beat the high score then you get to display your name on the game console :).

4. Brit333

Brit333 New Member

When I first heard 'old school' what first popped in my head was Spyro and Crash Bandicoot. Those were my favorite as a kid but then I thought just a little harder and what came to mind next was Dig Dug and Pac-Man. Dig Dug was one of my absolute favorites to play, I got so good at the game that I thought that there was no actual limitation or end to it. I had flowers lined up across my whole screen. I played it on gameboy and more recently I was able to get a copy for the original Xbox on a Nam-co disc. Pac-Man was another one I really enjoyed playing, mainly because it was the one game my mom would actually join in and play with me. Best gaming sessions ever!

5. pati613

pati613 New Member

my all time favorite old school video games are super mario (of course) and crash bandicoot! crash bandicoot hits home for me a little more than mario for the fact that me and my sister would play it with my dad every weekend. because of him i became some what of a gamer, its been over 10 years since hes been gone and those memories of playing will forever be held close to my heart...

6. Gotchased

Gotchased New Member

Mine is double dragon the arcade version. I usually save up 5 pesos just to play it after school. Old school beat em up game, and talk about the super elbow and the jumping sidekick moves.

7. Gotchased

Gotchased New Member

Mine is double dragon the arcade version. I usually save up 5 pesos just to play it after school. Old school beat em up game, and talk about the super elbow and the jumping sidekick moves.

8. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic New Member

My favorite old school games would have to be sonic the hedgehog. I use to always play those games on the sega genesis and was absolutely so fun to play.

9. 12-6cloud

12-6cloud New Member

I loved River City Ransom for the old Nintendo. My brother and I would play it all the time and it was really different from most other games. You could level up your fists or kicks and buy items from stores. Really unique for its time.