What are the factors to consider when designing and developing a website?

Discussion in 'Web Development, Programming & Graphics' started by DavidH, Mar 13, 2018 at 11:27 AM.

1. DavidH

DavidH New Member

There are several things to consider from functionality and appearance to navigation and coding integrity, alot goes into creating an eye-catching, user-friendly website. The goal should be to produce website that should be located by search engines, engage customers, and stimulate conversations.
    Hence key factors like- Chosing a Domain and Host, backend services, clean design, effective color scheme, effective security, integration with social media, captcha tests, customers' testimonial/ reviews section among many factors.
    What else would one wish to consider or include?
  2. O Empreendedor

O Empreendedor New Member

Websites need to be fast in order to please it's users.
    When users like it, Google likes it.

A good site architecture is also very important.
    But what makes a good site architecture varies wildly from website to website.
    Your blog won't be constructed the same way Wikipedia is constructed...

I think you pretty much covered everything else :)
  3. DavidH

DavidH New Member

Hi @O Empreendedor
    What you said is very true and key.
    A good site architecture is very important -It's just that I didn't emphasize much about it when I mentioned ''clean design'' though this was what I meant.
    The architecture(design) should be very eye-catching, smart/professional and user-friendly. The web-designer should keep in mind that the website he or she is designing should have the attraction aspect to drive traffic and be able to sustain the traffic! Sure, the ''Design'' factor is very key.

Thanks for the emphasis :thumbsup:
  4. Gkush710

Gkush710 New Member

Your website should be eye catching & easy for users to navigate. It would help having links here & there on your site so your visitors can easily click it & contact you.