What are the main deifferences from music now and then?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Norikasonei, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Norikasonei

Norikasonei New Member

Just out of curiosity. I don't keep up with a lot of music and just wanted to know some of the major and minor changes in music thought the years.

2. hersbear

hersbear New Member

It probably depends on what you mean by "then" and "now." Music has undergone huge changes, particularly in the last 50 years or so. There are so many more genres than there ever used to be. I am biased, though, and still think the folk music of the 60s is some of the best music ever written. It can't, of course, compare with classical music, but it had a heart and soul missing from a lot of today's music. And rap and hip hop...don't even get me started!

3. bloggerman86

bloggerman86 Member

Music has really undergone huge changes. Music is definitely not what it used to be. There are so many more genres and styles that didn't exist before that I begining to think that the curren't musicians are starting to run out of good ideas for songs because there are so many greatest hits from the past. Some of the music of today doesn't catch me the way the classic stuff such as from the 70s, 80s, and 90s before everything went High Def and over digitized. The music style of today just isn't the same as it used to be 10 or even 20 years ago. They do have some good artists and songs that are current but alot of it just doesn't make me feel the way the old stuff does. It doesn't bring back the memories the way the music of the 90s does growing up.

4. xinstantkiwiiex

xinstantkiwiiex New Member

The biggest thing that changed is that music use to be amazing!

I know I'm only 17, but my dad was always listening to music frim his generation, so I know a lot of "old" music. Technology has, like DeepX said, kind of destroyed music. Before electronic music, you needed to have actual talent to make music. Now, you need AutoTune and you're good!

Moreover, bands from 10-20 years ago set the bar really high for new artists. Think about Micheal Jackson, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd... They are timeless! Will we remember all of the new artists we have now in 20 years? I don't think so! Someone doesn't make an album in two years and most of us don't even remember who that person is.

If I had to choose between now and then, I choose "then"!

5. smyth

smyth New Member

Hmmm, then there was no real break dance, the picture they painted then seems like a joke, even if as at then it was far too great in their eyes. Most of the songs then were blues and don’t forget about their funny dresses if we cover both audio and video but now the tremendous growth in technology has contributed to the enormous development of the music world. I will say the introduction of computer and internet contributed to this different

6. Music today are really aggressive,sometimes it doesn't have sense or insignificant but not really pointing it generally.Sometimes it depends on the technology that goes higher and higher in a new range,some people says it is more artistic and creative.Honestly ,I'm not convince with it.I still love music from the past which i do prefer most.