What are the qualities of a good friend?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Roslyn, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Roslyn

Roslyn New Member

Did you know that your friend can be your way to having a good life. How do we choose our good friend base on qualities.

Check for these qualities:
    1. God-fearing friend. True friend expose sin in us that keeps us from God.
    Faithful are the wounds of a friend;
    profuse are the kisses of an enemy.
    Proverbs 27:6
    2. A frank friend. Honest friend helps you know yourself and leads you to be a better person. Knowing yourself more is an important step to achieving happiness and peace.
    3. Good listener. True friend never gets tired of listening to your dramas, instead will offer you support.
    4. And fun to be around.
    Have fun, laugh with your friend but don't laugh at people. It is good to laugh at yourself though. You have to in order to stay happy through your mistakes and failures.
    Now you have a chance to find a good friend.

1 person likes this.
  2. lazo07142

lazo07142 Member

Amen Praise The Lord Halleluyah

3. anchoreztin

anchoreztin New Member

When I was younger, i always yearn to have more friends because I thought that having a lot of friend is the basis for a happier and fulfilled life. Also during my younger years, I thought having more friends, makes you look cooler to your peers.
    But as I get older, life gets tougher and more real, I came to a realization that the numbers doesn't matter if they are not REAL. Based on my experience what are the qualities of a good friend?
    1. Accepts you for who you are - There is one quotation that my father always tell me. He said, "You could easily tell a character of a person by how he treats those who can do nothing for him." Being a good friend is someone who would always be there for you even though you have nothing to offer them. If a friendship is just based on how he can benefit you, then it is not called real friendship.
    2. Loyal - a real friend is someone who will always be loyal to even if you are not around.
    3. Consistent - a good friend will always be consistent on how he treats you, whether if it is during the good times and the bad times.
    4. Not jealous - a good friend will always be happy when you are having achievements and if you are failing, he will always be there to help and encourage. Because a good friendship is not always who does best or who is better. A good friendship is never a competition.
    5. Always have the desire for growth for his friend - a good friend always hope that his friend will fulfill his desires and dream tbus he will support him and encourage him especially during the times he will doubt his capabilities.
    These are just of the qualities of being a good friend. If you possess these qualities, you are indeed a gem because a good friend is hard to find. That is why take care of a good friend.

4. Jardin

Jardin New Member

In all my years I've meet different kinds of people from all walks of life and from different parts of the world. Some are nice, some are rude, cold, warm etc. They always have different qualities. As for me, I always look at the good side of a person. I always maintain positive relationship to all people. I try to forge friendship wherever I go.

Through the test of time, you will know who is your true friend. For all the people that have become my friends, only few remains true. Quality is more important than quantity. Having few friends is better than having a hundred that stabs you when you are not around and those who leave you hanging. The quality that all my true friends have are honesty, loyalty, sincerity, understanding, and helping hand. We have the same goals and visions. I enjoy being with them because they are fun to be around and they are people who runs with purpose.

5. For me, I only have three criterias. First, a friend should make you a better person, or at least make you want to be one. It is very important that you choose who you get to be with because it will greatly influence the kind of person you become as days progress. Second, a friend should be a good listener. There are lots of people who know how to talk but only a few people know how to listen. When a person uses his ears twice as he uses his mouth, you've found a great companion. Last but not the least, a good friend is one who shares your burdens. So many people would be there when you're happy or when you're celebrating something, but you'll find out who you're true friends are when you are in times of trouble. They are the ones who are honest enough to tell you your mistakes but they are also the sincerest ones to help you out and guide you in failing forward.

6. Lady_Seah

Lady_Seah New Member

True friend is the one that heard you when you never said a word because he/she understands you. When you screw up or your going through the dark time of your life, a true friend is right beside you providing you a wall to lean to. Even if you made a mistake, he/ she will never judge you but instead reprimand you. He/she accept you just the way you are even though you're full of imperfections. And the best thing about having a true friend is sleep overs, staying up all night talking and doing crazy things. ;)

[​IMG]

7. AteroidInOrbit

AteroidInOrbit New Member

A good friend is someone who:
    • May not share your beliefs, but respects them
    • You can talk to for hours
    • Can be there for you at your worst
    • Pushes you to be the best you can be
    • Doesn't judge you for your mistakes, but helps you get back on your feet

8. Chelzhera

Chelzhera New Member

A genuine friend is hard to find. Nowadays some people cannot be trusted they will try to eat you whole and push you down that is why I rather have few Real friends than to have a thousand Fake ones. A true friend is the one you count on and willing to reach out her/his hand to you without hesitation.

9. _unnatural_

_unnatural_ New Member

Good friends can be rare for some, you don't always choose them either, you're just drawn to each other, they're someone you can trust to always be there for you. You know they're your true friend if you see each other like siblings.