What are you reading right now?

Discussion in 'Books' started by Ameyjing29, May 2, 2019.

1. Ameyjing29

Ameyjing29 New Member

I'm currently reading a manga. This past few days, I stopped reading and focused on watching. I've been reading the manga since last week, and last week the week that I downloaded it

2. Olmaki

Olmaki Member

I have been depressed lately and my friend actually gave me a book called Choir Boys. its the most hilarious book i've ever read. i think this is what i really needed to calm myself.

3. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

I just finished reading the manga "Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru". Love this manga!

4. Ameyjing29

Ameyjing29 New Member

I'm still reading the one I download before. It's all about vampires and such. Ever heard of "Vassalord"? That's what I am reading.

5. pancitcanton

pancitcanton New Member

I'm currently reading "The Blood Red Path" by Whiskeyqueenn on Wattpad. It is a sequel of her book "Odin's Prize". I definitely recommend this book to werewolf fans who wants a new perspective of the genre. It's not just about mates and possessive alpha, it's more on raw emotions and traditions. I want to say more but I'm afraid I might spoil you so you just have to read it yourself. I promise, it's a good read.

6. Alzack50

Alzack50 Member

Im reading right now because im not going to sleep, so maybe reading helps me to make me sleep.

1 person likes this.
  7. wkndroyal

wkndroyal Member

90 Minutes in Heaven. I know this book is already how many years old and was made into a film a few years ago, but I just came across the book recently while browsing through a Book Sale store which sells second-hand books or old stock. It's about a pastor's encounter with heaven as he lay pinned down in his totally wrecked car which had collided on a bridge with a huge truck while first responders waited for the help they needed to pry open the wreck to get him out. It's about the pain he went through especially with his severed limbs as he was confined to the hospital for recovery and healing, the pain his family also went through, his friends and fellow church members. He was only able to tell his wife about his experience in Heaven some months after he had gotten discharged and continued hospice care at home, and she then encouraged him to share his story and experience with his close friend first, then their church and then with the world. His encounter with heaven was so beautiful, it gives me much comfort and peace knowing that with great faith heaven is real and magnificent.

8. aditya8485

aditya8485 Member

i am reading ramayana the epic from india as it tells us how a man should live and what are our responsibilities in day to day life. it is all about dharma and i suggest everyone to read it.

9. mayimayi

mayimayi Member

I am re-reading "Seriosly, I'm Kidding" by Ellen Degeneres. Her anecdotes are pretty amazing and funny. If you want to de-stress? Read her books and you'll surely be entertained.

10. Chaiya

Chaiya Member

I'm currently reading Rich Dad Poor Dad, this is my 6th time reading this book. I started reading it when I was in high school, it definitely changed my way of thinking, it changed my mindset and expanded it to a whole new level. Wealth and Success starts from the renewal of the mind, This is one book I recommend to everyone who is looking for change in their financial status, change in mind set and wants total change in their lives.

1 person likes this.
  11. pokerbjj

pokerbjj New Member

Revenent Gun by Yoon Ha Lee. It’s the conclusion of the Machineries of Empire trilogy started with Ninefox Gambit and Raven Stratagem. It’s Asian flavoured space opera similar to the style of Aliette de Bodard.

12. kumarsunil123

kumarsunil123 Member

I am reading right now. I read" Half girl friend ". The story is very good to everyone and it true story tell about girl friend and boy friend. And i read sometime another story also. In Half girl girl friend the story is love story. In this book, People are looking how to love with playing games. I read so many time of this story.

13. jaepeels

jaepeels New Member

I'm currently reading two books, but I've put the other on hold just to finish reading this book called Heartless by Marissa Meyer. It tells the origin story of none other than the Queen of Hearts in the classic fairytale, Alice in Wonderland. So far, I think that story has a great pacing and I can't wait to read more!

14. pintado2001

pintado2001 New Member

Reading Toyota Kata by Mike Rother. A business book why the quality management book that explores why the adopted management system from Japan does not work for the US. Interesting read for those who want to know why some things does not work.

15. Delta37

Delta37 New Member

I'm reading a book called "The Only Rule Is It Has to Work: Our Wild Experiment Building a New Kind of Baseball Team" by Ben Lindbergh and Sam Miller. The authors were invited to manage a minor league baseball team, the Sonoma Stompers, for a season. They have some experience with baseball analytics and want to run the team in a Moneyball way. I don't really know how well they succeed with that goal, since so far it seems like a hit-and-miss effort for them, and I've read like two thirds of the book already. It's an interesting read though, even though I maybe was expecting them to focus much more on that analytics side.

16. Wolfiend

Wolfiend Member

Moby Dick. After that, Dracula.

17. blackstarter7

blackstarter7 New Member

A Little Princess. It's a book I always used to love as a kid for some reason, and I ended up thinking about it one day and decided to hunt it down and reread it as an adult.

18. bitsurfer21

bitsurfer21 New Member

I am currently reading : Ghost in the wires by Kevin Mitnick.
    The book is about the life and "adventures" of Kevin Mitnick ,one of the most famous hackers and social engineers in history

19. shermarie

shermarie New Member

I am reading The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by John C. Maxwell, and just finished chapter 3. It's all about personal development and growing to your fullest potential. This isn't just an easy-breezy read. John has assignments for us at the end of each chapter so that we really dive deep into our growth, learning ourselves, and create good lifelong habits.

20. kumarsunil123

kumarsunil123 Member

I am currently reading General Knowledge. It is good for get knowledge. I get knowledge all types of because It is very useful to us.If you want to beat any competition, You should read and study G.k. We know all about History, Geography, Civics and Science. I do daily practice of G.K. Except it, I read English Grammar and some English story books also. I read in the morning regularly. My vocabulary are increasing after reading book in right time.

21. jeda30

jeda30 Member

I'm currently reading a book called "How to relax in a busy world:Coping with stress for greater success" by Floyd and Cabin Corbin. This book is written by a couple who had been through some struggles in life. But achieved a greater success later on. They talk about different kinds tension, how if affects one's self, and how to overcome it. They also share about stress and problems that they have encountered in life by citing some situations and resolving them in a good and successful way. The book has lots of content topic which are very useful in today's life especially that life is getting harder.

22. usmarine

usmarine New Member

Yep, all check. Also, this is your 6th time reading, meaning to me that the wording and storytelling must be good as well. Anyways, thanks for the recommendation!

23. NoNameBoy

NoNameBoy New Member

Right now, i am reading The Last Secret, a profound reflexion by José Rodrigues dos Santos about what scould actually be true or questionable about The Bible stories. The conclusion i get from it, is that no one can prove The Bible wrong, showing Jesus as Josef's son, a normal man with a huge fate.

24. Jflower

Jflower New Member

I am reading:

The Bible
    Last day Events
    Desire of Ages
    Christ in the Sanctuary
    Mind, Character and Personality
    Patriarchs and Profits

25. ravac

ravac New Member

Pardon my expletive but I'm currently reading "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck", and "A Mind for Numbers".
    The first book has to do about how to live a more relaxed life, and how to have a laid back attitude. At the beginning, as the author will mention, he doesn't mean not giving a f*ck about anything, but more importantly it's about choosing carefully what to give a f*ck about, so contrary to a seemingly nihilistic title of the book, it's full of positive attitude to things in life, and it teaches to you to be more mindful about caring about things that matter and that you should care about, "care about things worth caring for".

A Mind For Numbers is a similar book in a way, funnily enough, it teaches to how to learn, its motto of sorts is "learning how to learn", and that's exactly it. It goes in-depth about human psychology and psycho-physiology about the ways out mind works and how it works, how it remembers, and how it primes itself to soak new knowledge which you might wish to make use of.
    In almost every chapter it will give you some famous examples about known people who used certain "tricks" and tactics to "seize" the day, to reach their potential and come up with new inventions.
    Like its subtitle says, "How to Excel at Math and Science (Even If You Flunked Algebra)", that's exactly where the book can and will lead you, to explore and learn in the most interesting of ways, but more importantly to become able to retrieve that knowledge back when you need it.

26. thegoddamntree

thegoddamntree New Member

I've actually been reading "The Art of Profiling" by Dan Korem. It's an okay read, that can shed some insight on how to better read people.

Surprisingly I've found very little information and reviews for it online; and I picked it up at my local library because I wanted to know how to approach others better/more appropriately, and this seemed to fit the bill.

It's rather descriptive though; and might not be for everyone, especially since some parts of the book seem to sell Korem's other products/books.

Overall, 8/10 read for me.

27. Teambits

Teambits New Member

I've actually been reading ''The Science Of Richness''.Its a cool book that mostly inspires people to go the extra mile when it comes to achieving their financial goals.

28. Eirlys

Eirlys New Member

I'm reading 'In Order To Live' by Yeonmi Park. It is based on the true story of her escape from North Korea and the atrocities she experienced and witnessed. It provides some in depth detail into what it's like to live there and it is beyond shocking. She also talks about her perspective of the world which is obviously skewed by what she's been brought up to believe in such a deprived country. I highly recommend it.

29. kezelkheo

kezelkheo New Member

I'm reading, Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Koyasaki. It was a mind blowing book. An eye opener to readers on how to become aware of how many works for us not us working for money. It is a very good book and on how it was narrate and even the idea that financial literacy should be taught as early as possible. The more aware we are how money should work among us, the better and productive future we may have. Superb book.

30. Chaiya

Chaiya Member

You're very much welcoming. This book is good in terms of being financial literate. Enjoy!