What are you reading right now?

Discussion in 'Books' started by Ameyjing29, May 2, 2019.

1. krisferanne

krisferanne New Member

At this moment, I am planning to start reading Nancy Drew books. It seems a bit late for my age but I just suddenly got curious why my friend like to collect theses books so much. I also need to read novels to enhance my English reading and writing skills which I might need during my board exam. And also, if I ever pass the initial test, I could use it in writing here.

For those who are not familiar with Nancy Drew, she is like a young female version of Sherlock Holmes. I think each book has one mystery to solve. I really have no idea yet of how the stories go in these books. But since I love mysteries, I know I'll enjoy reading them.

2. charles2reality

charles2reality New Member

I haven't been reading for a while but I've recently got into the One Man Punch challenge (100 pushups, situps, crunches per day every day for 30 days). This got me interested in learning more about the ficitional character behind the challenge, which led me to reading the 5th volume of One Punch Man.

PS I just learned that i was reading the manga backwards.:whistle:

3. boopbutter

boopbutter New Member

The Neighbor

It's about a wife that was killed by a really lowkey neighbor who was a mechanic but the authorities think that the husband killed her. I haven't gotten to the part where it says why the neighbor killed her.

4. mohit26

mohit26 New Member

I am currently reading The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.I just picked up reading after trying to do so for 2 years.This is my 3rd book and one of my friend recommended it to me.It's a story about a guy named Amir form Afghanistan.It revolves around his life and his friend Hassan growing up in Kabul.

5. sarveenrad

sarveenrad New Member

I am currently reading Fortune's Formula by William Poundstone. For those of you that are highly interested in mathematics and the financial markets, I strongly recommend this read. Poundstone features some of the greatest mathematicians in the 20th century and their success and achievements in the world of finance.

6. Pacats23

Pacats23 New Member

I am reading some article about a special generator which can generate 1 to 10 kilowatts of power. It was invented by John Searl.

7. IreneJay

IreneJay New Member

Cheers to the books we've been meaning to read all these years and should probably start at some point.
    1.War and Peace. by Leo Tolstoy
    2.Song of Solomon. by Toni Morrison
    3.Ulysses. by James Joyce
    4.The Shadow of the Wind. by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
    5.The Lord of the Rings. by J.R.R.
    6.The Satanic Verses
    7.Don Quixot
    8. The Golden Compass

8. zenzof

zenzof New Member

I'm currently reading Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens. It is a classic about an orphaned boy who enters the criminal underworld after escaping from his terrible apprenticeship. It's quite a difficult work to get through given its old language and syntax. I've had to reread parts a few times to get a better grasp on the plot. However, once you begin to truly understand and absorb its overall thematic connections, you will see why its become a renowned classic. You'll also see how its affected many future works, particularly in terms of orphans (e.g. Harry Potter).

9. Miallie23

Miallie23 New Member

These past few days I've been reading "The Lying Game" a book authored by Sara Shepard. If you love murder-mystery-suspense novels then this book might be for you. The story revolves around Emma Paxton, living in foster care almost all her life until she discovered that she has a twin sister, Sutton Mercer. Emma decides to meet her only to find out she's dead, she steps into the life of Sutton to find out who killed her. Once you start this book you'll definitely be hooked and won't be able to put this down! If you know the TV series "Pretty Little Liars", the author is the same but the story line is completely different. I definitely recommend this book! :thumbsup:

10. phoedom

phoedom New Member

I've been reading "The Daily Devotion and Power of Prayer by Myles Munroe". It was a very good book to inspire us to read the Word of God and apply it in our lives.

11. jeszai

jeszai Member

Inspirational books especially by Joel Osteen. I am learning how to use bible and sometimes I wouldn't deny that there are some verses that I really couldn't understand. As much as I wanted to internalize everything I read in the bible, sadly I got confuse sometimes. So as I started reading books by Joel Osteen it helps me to become more specific because his writings put a lot of effort for the readers to understand more about the verses in the bible.

12. ewi102

ewi102 Member

what im reading right now is horror story book at onlne sites and youtube.i like horror stories especially real ghost stories.for me it is very exciting to read.i also reading the manga called hunter x hunter.that manga is very fun to read because i like adventure theme manga.

13. RosaLeite

RosaLeite New Member

I’m reading “A New Earth” by Eckhart Tolle and so far I’m loving it. This book is designed to aide me in discovering the consciousness within me or awakening to the consciousness within me. I feel like I am becoming a better person as I am going through this book. Life-changing!

14. subhan456f

subhan456f Member

i am currently reading a good book which name is (seven habit of highly effective people )

15. Robah

Robah New Member

I am currently reading "how to see angels". It is a good book based on religious beliefs. I recommend this book to everyone.

1 person likes this.
  16. Iamlucky111

Iamlucky111 Member

"The secret" book by Rhonda byrne.
    It is about "Law of Attraction"it reveals how to create our dream life....

17. Sannhill011

Sannhill011 New Member

I'm reading "Eat To Live" - I'm really serious about transitioning into healthier eating habits in hopes of gaining control over chronic illness and pain.

18. Rexway4

Rexway4 Member

Am currently reading 'Brain tracy' this book help improve my skills and enlighten me alot mostly with my article writing carreer.

Its shapen the memory and improve my knowledge and skills in so many field, now any write up that comes out from my knowledge is far better than before compare to when the book wasnt introduce to me.

I also read the holy bible this morning during my morning devotion so reading help improve our knowledge in both the writing field and blogging career.