What are you thankful for today? ♥

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by ChildishGirl, Nov 3, 2011.

1. siganelly

siganelly New Member

Despite that there are many times when life is overwhelming, I am very thankful for my friends, church, and family.I am very lucky to have such a great support team behind me, encouraging me to always press forward.I am reminded every day that there are people less fortunate who are thankful just to have a tin roof over their heads and a job to go to every day, so I should feel blessed. It is so great to see others thankful for what they have!

2. Haidi Co

Haidi Co New Member

I would like to express my gratitude to God for waking me up this morning and keeping me safe as I go to work. I am thankful that when I woke up, I saw my loving family and they are complete, healthy, and happy. I am thankful for another chance to correct my mistakes and show my love for the persons around me. Words are not enough to say how thankful I am that God is always there to comfort me in my deepest and darkest moments.

3. jumbledandconfused

jumbledandconfused New Member

I am thankful to have a house. Being homeless, though something I have never (lucklily) had to encounter, is something I think a lot about. Shelter is such a basic human need, even though it's taken for granted a lot. (I admit that I do take it for granted from time to time.) I am so grateful that I have a place to stay, especially on rainy nights like this one.

4. tikilalalove

tikilalalove New Member

The fact that there’s still another day to use the same oxygen that you’re breathing, is the thing that I should be thankful for. I would not be able to enjoy amazing things in life every single day if there’s no brand new day that comes. Count every sunrise as a blessing, for it reminds us that life goes on and on and there’s always a hope on every tomorrow. It may sounds simple for some, but for people who struggle every day just to survive and live, and for the people who are not sure if they will be able to wake up the next morning, it is very precious, and is a thing that should be thankful for.

5. Ame

Ame New Member

As cliché as it may be, I am thankful for my health, my family, a roof over my head and food on the table. I have all the necessities of life and that's all one should need to be truly happy. If you cannot be happy with what little you have you will never, ever be happy with more.

6. december24

december24 New Member

I am thankful because I have a roof on my head, food on my table and a loving family around. I thank God everyday because, even though we are not well off and our financial situation is an uphill struggle everyday but I strongly believe that we are richer than we think.

7. M Willow

M Willow New Member

I'm thankful for the support of the best friend I could ever possibly have. Thankful that he lets me be myself when I need to. Thankful that he knows just when to ramble on and on about anything at all to distract me. Thankful that he's as silly as I am. Thankful that he understands when to be serious. Thankful that we can complete each other's sentences. Thankful for every single thing he does, whether he knows about them or not.

8. I am very thankful for the fact that God saw fit to awaken my family and I this morning. I am thankful that we were able to cook, clean and play today. I am thankful for just being able to thank HIM.

9. Mikey005

Mikey005 New Member

I am very thankful to God for watching over my family and I and for taking care of us so well. I go to church almost daily and i enjoy it very much.

I am also very thankful to God for improving my mental health. I was very sick, now i am better.

10. Tim Walton

Tim Walton New Member

I am thankful for the freedom to log into this area and make a comment without fear of repercussion. Freedom is the most valuable of gifts today!

11. MicheleLee5556

MicheleLee5556 New Member

I am thankful for my healthy children!!!:D

12. MeganBeanCobain

MeganBeanCobain New Member

If you're reading this now, chances are you have eyesight, hands, you're literate, you have enough freedom to be doing what you want, you have a safe shelter, heating, access to food & clean drinking water, people who care about you, clothing and thousands of other blessings, not to mention luxuries, most of which we take for granted every day.

You have more than the majority of the world. Nowadays it can be easy to let small setbacks seem significant, especially if you're not experienced true suffering, but if you keep things in perspective, remember how fortunate you are and count your blessings, not your problems, I promise you'll feel a massive difference!

I am grateful for this, today.. and every day.

13. funky terran

funky terran New Member

I am listening to the beautiful sound of steady rain. I have a roof over my head. I am comfortable in my own skin. Life continues to surprise me.

safetydancepants likes this.
  14. safetydancepants

safetydancepants New Member

I am thankful for the love of my husband. I have been struggling with depression for a few years, and he has been more supportive than I ever could have asked for. It is easy to feel alone in the world, especially when you are depressed. It is also extremely easy to take the constant love and support of your family for granted, and so I strive to tell him how much I appreciate him each day. In fact, I will probably send him a message right now. :) Thanks for the reminder.

15. sevvy

sevvy New Member

I'm thankful today for having such wonderful friends and family. Last week, I called my best friend in the middle of the night because of personal issues, and she drove to my house at 3 a.m. without any complaints. Knowing there are people there for me makes struggling each day worthwhile.

16. OceanCurt

OceanCurt New Member

Today I am thankful for my health.

In addition to my health I am super thankful for the health of my family and my beautiful girlfriend.

It has been so nice reading about what everyone is thankful for, thank you.

:)

17. alexisfinch24

alexisfinch24 New Member

There are so many things, in my life, that I have to be grateful for. First, would have to be my family and friends. The air that is pumping through my lungs. And, the chance to always make someone else smile.

18. paris_rose

paris_rose New Member

OMG! So much! I have 2 healthy children and that didn't have to be. I have learned to be thankful for the smallest, most insignificant things and it has absolutely changed ,y life and happiness level. What a beautiful gift gratitude is.

19. alexisfinch24

alexisfinch24 New Member

Yes it is such a wonderful gift. There are so many people out there who do not understand the power of gratitude. I have made it my mission to make people aware of the power a gratitude list can have on our individual lives. A grateful and thankful person is a blessing to encounter. May peace and happiness fill your life and remember to pay it forward.

20. conniehardi1

conniehardi1 New Member

І аm thаnkful tо bе аlіvе, hарру аnd hеаlthу. Wе must lеаrn tо аррrесіаtе thе smаll thіngs іn lіfе, suсh аs lооkіng аt а сlеаr bluе skу, fееlіng thе wаrmth оf thе sun оr еnјоуіng а nісе lоng wаlk іn thе раrk wіth sоmеоnе уоu lоvе. Іn оur еvеrуdау busу lіvеs, wе hаvе sо mаnу dіstrасtіоns. Іt іs еаsу tо fоrgеt thе lіttlе thіngs thаt mаkе us еnјоу sіmрlу bеіng аlіvе іf wе аrе nоt іn tunе wіth оur іnnеr sеlf. Whеn thеsе thіngs аrе tаkеn аwау frоm us, іt іs thеn thаt wе ореn оur еуеs аnd rеаlіzе whаt іs rеаllу іmроrtаnt tо us аs humаn bеіngs. Моst оftеn, іt соmеs bасk tо lоvе! Ноw tо lоvе аnd bе lоvеd іs whаt mаkеs us humаn. Саrіng fоr оthеrs іs а vеrу роwеrful thіng, аnd іs whаt wе аll nееd аs а sосіеtу tо grоw аnd еvоlvе.

21. conniehardi1

conniehardi1 New Member

І аm thаnkful tо bе аlіvе, hарру аnd hеаlthу. Wе must lеаrn tо аррrесіаtе thе smаll thіngs іn lіfе, suсh аs lооkіng аt а сlеаr bluе skу, fееlіng thе wаrmth оf thе sun оr еnјоуіng а nісе lоng wаlk іn thе раrk wіth sоmеоnе уоu lоvе. Іn оur еvеrуdау busу lіvеs, wе hаvе sо mаnу dіstrасtіоns. Іt іs еаsу tо fоrgеt thе lіttlе thіngs thаt mаkе us еnјоу sіmрlу bеіng аlіvе іf wе аrе nоt іn tunе wіth оur іnnеr sеlf. Whеn thеsе thіngs аrе tаkеn аwау frоm us, іt іs thеn thаt wе ореn оur еуеs аnd rеаlіzе whаt іs rеаllу іmроrtаnt tо us аs humаn bеіngs. Моst оftеn, іt соmеs bасk tо lоvе! Ноw tо lоvе аnd bе lоvеd іs whаt mаkеs us humаn. Саrіng fоr оthеrs іs а vеrу роwеrful thіng, аnd іs whаt wе аll nееd аs а sосіеtу tо grоw аnd еvоlvе.

22. Markpapag

Markpapag New Member

My loving Girlfriend!

23. Lanae

Lanae New Member

What am I thankful for today? It would not be hard to say that everyday I awake, I am thankful for the opportunity to be alive. Not knowing what the next day will bring, or if it will not be there when I awake. I am thankful for knowing that life is only temporary. Each day that I am given to enjoy the air I breath, the people I meet, the love from one another. I am truly thankful. We are born to live and live to prepare to die! This what I am thankful for!

24. Athertle

Athertle New Member

I, myself, and thankful for being in a wonderful family (hi, mom) and am grateful that we are lucky enough to be able to live without worrying about going broke. I'm also thankful that I'm able to wake up in a nice, warm bed with my mother gently waking me up instead of a cold bucket of water on me. :/

Also, I'm thankful that I have friends that like what I like and are pretty supportive.

I'm actually thankful for a lot more, but there are the basics of what I'm thankful for today. :)

- Athertle

25. Avriana Askew

Avriana Askew New Member

:D I`m thankful to my Lord for waking me up this morning, seeing yet another beautiful day, and having access to all my limbs in my body, for keeping me healthy, for allowing me to be able to go to church and worship this Sunday on Memorial Day and many, many other things I am so grateful for as my list can go on. I just want proudly say, "Thank You"!:laugh:

26. melitzana

melitzana New Member

I am thankful that I have a free mind to use whenever and howsoever I see fit. We may have little control over a variety of external situations in our lives, but our mind, which is the link between what is and what can be, provides us with a gift so extra-ordinary, so powerful, so creative, and intelligent that we really do have a choice in how we respond to whatever challenges us. The most difficult aspect of this gift is becoming aware of it and learning to use it with intent, in a way that doesn’t harm others or compromise our integrity and values.

Smadypickney likes this.
  27. revia

revia New Member

I am thankful for my family and friend. I am also thankful that I have a roof over my head and food to eat. I am thankful for the the health of my family and also my health. I am also thankful for man in my life. He always believes in me and makes my day when I am feeling down.

28. Smadypickney

Smadypickney New Member

There are so many things and people I am thankful for. I am thankful to God for sending His only Son on earth to die for my sin. I am thankful for health, strength and for daily food. I am thankful that I am a person who does not worry or let life stress her out. I am thankful that I have learnt to be contented in whatever state I am in. I am thankful for my family, friends and people who are making a positive difference in this world.

I am thankful for people who are born with chronic illnesses, disabilities, and other challenges, who are able to remain strong and happy amidst their circumstances and at the same time bring blessings in my life.

29. Smadypickney

Smadypickney New Member

I am thankful for Postloop for giving me a chance to earn a living from its site and for the persons who contributed to the idea of Postloop. I am thankful for all the people and media for putting the time and effort into their jobs so that the public can be informed about what is going on in the world. I am thankful for the internet.

melitzana likes this.
  30. Nidia Ramos

Nidia Ramos New Member

I am thankful that I get another day to enjoy. I am thankful for my health, my home, my family and friends. I am eternally grateful that I have God by my side and that he gives me the resources to carry on. I am very grateful for the beautiful flowers that are currently blooming in the garden. I am thankful for all the opportunities that are available to me via the internet.