What are you thankful for today? ♥

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by ChildishGirl, Nov 3, 2011.

1. roxanam84

roxanam84 Member

I'm thankful for my family, my friends, almost everything God has given me! All around the world, there are people who are in far more worse situations than I am in, and I am always thankful because of that fact. I understand that sometimes life will bring challenges into our lives, but it is also another way to be thankful for, because challenges can help us develop into a better person.

2. GeRoL

GeRoL New Member

Honestly, this is one of the most ignored act nowadays, which is to be thankful for everything whether it's a small or big blessing. I believe, that every second we breathe daily, is enough to be thankful for. There may be some ups & downs in life but allowing us to experience what life is all about is already filled with gratitude.

3. I am thankful because I am still alive, God still waking me up.

4. a_navor

a_navor New Member

I always thank God for all the blessings, guidance and good health. I thank Him for His understanding, unending patience and foregiveness.

5. naililmuna

naililmuna New Member

I'm thankful today for woke-up and still breathing, have myself alive.
    I'm thankful today for waking my husband up and found him breathing, have him alive.
    I'm thankful today for waking my daughter and son up and found them breathing, have them alive.
    I'm thankful today for open the door and found our pet-bird open its eyes, have him alive.
    I'm thankful today for tidy up around the house and found no damage, have livable house.
    I'm thankful today for spraying my garden and see our plants vigor, have space for little wildlife.
    I'm thankful today for cooking, driving my children to school without no problem, having a lively routine.
    I'm thankful today for sitting in front of my computer, sending good message to the world, might have a living.
    I'm thankful today for finding your question: what are you thankful today? thankful to God, I have my life

6. janisdeleon

janisdeleon New Member

I am thankful to God for my election in His church, for my life and my health, for my lovely daughter, for having what I have and for not having what I do not need, for His guidance, His unending love and patience and for giving me the opportunity to serve Him each day of my life.

7. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

Why should I thank God for those things?

I think it’s because giving God thanks for all things demonstrates a recognition that He is a good God (Psalm 118:29), regardless of whether I consider something to be a blessing or a burden.

Giving thanks expresses my trust that God is working all things for His good purposes (Romans 8:28), whether or not I understand how.

8. Loujen1012

Loujen1012 New Member

I am very much thankful for the gift of life. For the opportunity to live a happy and healthy life. To be with my family and friends. To be able to do the things freely.

9. I am thankful for many things. I will try to enumerate the things I am thankful of. I am so thankful that I have life, good health, families, and friends. I am thankful also that I have education.

I am thankful to my parents for feeding me and raising me up. I am thankful to God. I am thankful that I have Jesus Christ. I have received eternal life.

1 person likes this.
  10. finlan

finlan New Member

Thanksgiving day, is not the only day that I am thankful. Daily, I am thankful to Jesus for my life, health and strength as well as my family, friends and loved ones. Through the complexities of life, it can be so easy to forget about the simple things in life and take people we say we love or care about for granted. It is easy to forget about the misfortune of others when tragedy meets you at the front door. When I think about those who live in other countries and how destitute they are, it really makes me thankful for being born in the United States. I am thankful for the air I breathe, clean water and being able to be of service by lending a helping hand to others whenever I can. I am thankful for having the mind to want to help others who may be in need and making contributions to help satisfy their needs even when my needs sometimes have had to wait. I am thankful for taking opportunities to show my appreciation for people while they are alive.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  11. althealoui03

althealoui03 New Member

I'm thankful for today because I'm still alive and able to see my love ones and show how much I care about them

12. jmpostloop

jmpostloop New Member

I'm thankful not only for today but for the everyday that God gave me a chance to have a better life. In the past experience of my life most of the time I've been on the desperate part wherein i don't know what to do with my life but with God all things have change like my point in life wherein i don't know what else to do to move on but with God because of his love I've been saved from something happened in my life but thankfully because of him I passed all those things and know everyday thanking him for what he did for me.

13. roylynv02

roylynv02 New Member

im thankful for the things that i am having now. and im thankful that my family is all safe and healthy

14. dene728

dene728 New Member

A very nice question, What am I thankful for today? I am thankful first of all God had given me another life to experience and that's a privilege. I am thankful that I am healthy physically, mentally and emotionally. I am thankful that my parents and relatives are healthy too and that's an answered prayer for me. I am thankful that my children are happy in me taking care of them. I am happy that all my needs are being sufficed that I can go on in this day. I am so thankful that my family lives harmoniously. And all of these are because God is the center of my family and in which I'm so thankful.

15. charmar

charmar New Member

The moment I woke up in the morning every day I am feeling grateful! I have food I have shelter, I have family, friends, and job that give me money. I believe owe everything to GOD! Let us be grateful every day even for small things to have a positive mood. Because the more we were grateful the more blessing will to us.

16. Karl D

Karl D New Member

I am so thankful to life for all the health, love, family and friends. I made mistakes but making those mistakes I met amazing people who changed my life. I feel privileged and lucky when I hear the tales of hardships and struggles people have overcome.

Appreciate the small things in life, be thankful to every normal looking thing cause we never know how privilege is sometimes disguised as.

17. aprillyn

aprillyn New Member

hi I'm thankful not just today but everyday that i wake up every morning.It is blessing from god.

18. CristalMonreal

CristalMonreal New Member

I'm always thankful for God gave me another beautiful day. Although I felt ill because of my stomach I still love this day and I do not complain for that. There are many things that I am most thankful of. One is that God gave me a wonderful and loving family, gave me a new day, becoming healthy, and most especially having a precious, caring, loving and the best best friend. I'm also thankful for today because I already solved my problems in school, at home, in money, and many more. I'm thankful because there are people who's supporting me, have faith that I can do the things I want and believing that I will be a successful person in the future. I'm thankful for all the blessings that God gave to us.

19. etnad14

etnad14 New Member

What are you thankful for today?

When i wake up in the morning, I'm thankful that god gave me another new day to fulfill my duties, responsibilities and obligations. I'm thankful to love and to be loved by my family and my friends.

There are a lot of things that we can be thankful, things that money can't buy. Most of the time this things are being rejected, unnoticed and sometimes neglected by ourselves. And when the time comes that we are in the great depths of abyss and trying to find a way to pull ourselves up, this things are easily be notice... But not until then... So, let's be thankful even if we only have a little of everything because at the end of the day those little things are the best thing to have.

20. HappyLoyds

HappyLoyds New Member

There's always a lot to be thankful for everyday. From the moment that we wake up in the morning, it's already a reason to be thankful for. Not everybody is given that chance to wake up and simply be alive. Everything around us is a gift; the air that we breathe, the water that we drink, the food that we eat, the beautiful flowers that are so nice to look at, the birds that sing; the family that loves us, the friends who stand beside us, the wife/husband who adores us through thick and thin, our children who can only be blessings from God, and a lot of other things that we sometimes just take for granted.

Problems may be a constant in each of our lives, but even those can be something of value to us. When we overcome a problem, we learn lessons, we become stronger. I'm sure we all have experienced facing a seemingly insurmountable problem once or twice in our lives, yet we did conquer it. Didn't we say, "Yes, i did it! It's over!" What a feat to be grateful for! This journey called life becomes easier when we develop muscles from experiences, good or bad. So next time you feel you are at a losing end, stop, think back, and see the many reasons around you... which are actually blessings from God above.

21. erikaalviormd

erikaalviormd New Member

I'm thankful for being able to write in here. I am grateful even for the simplest things I have in my life right now. I am happy to live in this era. Right after waking up, I mention three things I am grateful for in life. This morning I thanked God for waking up in a nice and cozy bed, for waking up knowing that I'm provided with everything I need to conquer the day, and lastly, I am grateful that I am able to accomplish the tasks I wish to work on because I am still breathing. I am alive.

22. Einalem

Einalem New Member

As I've been having a hard time for the past years, simply knowing I've reached this milestone is already something I am truly grateful of. I made it and I was able to surpass every challenge that has come to my life as I was stronger than what I've thought. I am thankful for my old self's courage to continue to live no matter how tough life have gotten and eventually, yesterday's courage will be my strength today.

1 person likes this.
  23. passionatewriter1

passionatewriter1 New Member

The gift of life and health is all I am thankful for today. Imagine hundreds or thousands of individuals around the world, who wanted to this day but they are no more? How about those who woke unwell, or started the day well but fell sick within the day?

I might be facing a lot of challenges in life, but waking up healthy is the most precious gift that God has granted me. Lack of finances is my major challenge in life, but since I am alive and healthy, I'm thankful for this day. The fact that there are rich guys who are bed-ridden in a hospital or who are restricted from eating anything that their money can afford makes me appreciate and thank God for the little I have.

Irrespective of the challenges you are facing, always be thankful that you alive and healthy, knowing that the same God who has kept you alive will enable to overcome the challenges.

24. Lowjasmine98

Lowjasmine98 New Member

I am thankful today for being happy, healthy and have a wonderful day outing with families and friends for lunch and dinner.

There is nothing more to ask for by having simple life daily and need not have to worry about financial, health and family members. Life is fulfilling everyday with new adventures and celebrations.

25. mosesoscar

mosesoscar New Member

I'm thankful that I'm alive. It really takes being alive to be thankful. And with being alive comes thankfulness for other things that are components of life —family, friends, relationships, job, society etc. All of these would mean nothing if I'm not alive, so I'm extremely thankful for the life I have.
    Not everybody who is alive have the privilege of having a good family, supportive friends, a loving relationship, or a fulfilling job. So next to being thankful for life, I'm also thankful for the kind of life I'm opportuned to have; it may not be the best, but it's worth being thankful for.

26. mosesoscar

mosesoscar New Member

I'm thankful that I'm alive. It really takes being alive to be thankful. And with being alive comes thankfulness for other things that are components of life —family, friends, relationships, job, society etc. All of these would mean nothing if I'm not alive, so I'm extremely thankful for the life I have.
    Not everybody who is alive have the privilege of having a good family, supportive friends, a loving relationship, or a fulfilling job. So next to being thankful for life, I'm also thankful for the kind of life I'm opportuned to have; it may not be the best, but it's worth being thankful for.

27. mosesoscar

mosesoscar New Member

28. Kinlove17

Kinlove17 New Member

Today, I am thankful that I have a job that I really like, having a home filled with the love of my family and my pets.

29. menchuuy58

menchuuy58 New Member

By the grace of God, I offer a thanksgiving prayer as soon as I am awake each day. I thank God for the gift of life. I thank Him in advance for the miracles, breakthroughs and victories that He had prepared for me for the day. I thank Him for the faith and expectancy that I will receive what I was thankful for. I do this in obedience to what His Word says in 1 Thessalonians 5:18, " give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

For today, I especially thank God for the physical healing I experienced. I had asthma attacks and dry cough for the past two days. When I woke up today, I felt that my breathing is back to normal. I am grateful too for God's Word which God reminded me, that I ought to be strong and courageous...for He will never leave nor forsake me."(Deuteronomy 31:6)

30. jizel marie

jizel marie New Member

In these busy lives that we lead, we often forget of the things that we should be grateful for because we often tend to focus on the negatives rather than the positives. I, myself, am also guilty of that. However, despite all the things that drown me, I do my best to practice gratitude first thing in the morning by saying a little prayer just a few moments after a wake up. This prayer entails being thankful for being alive, having a comfortable bed to sleep on, having a good night's rest, having a loving healthy family, having a roof above our heads and having a job that provides me a sense of purpose.

There are days that I am too overwhelmed by problems, causing me to disregard all these things that I should be thankful for. However, when I gain calmness and become mindful again, I realize that these things that I should be grateful for are not experienced by many at some points in their lives and that, they may also be temporary in my life as well. For that matter, I should be grateful while they last and should continue to be grateful for having experienced such graces in my life.