What book made you cry?

Discussion in 'Books' started by Honeyjuicebox, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Honeyjuicebox

Honeyjuicebox New Member

While i'm a huge believer in the beauty of physical books, i've also put an equal amount on my tablet. But beyond the bookshelves and the kindle, there are a few books that creep past the stacks, and find a special space on my desk.
    What does it take to pass this test, and become a beloved book, a treasure?
    And what books do you recommend more than any other?
    There are couple of stacks of books, depending on the nature of the topic, that I think relevant for people to read. They speak to human condition, to what it means to have a human mind and live a life, and they aren't how-to books.
    These are books that talk about human condition, the bigger picture to which we're all a part, the ideas of finding meaning, purpose, identity and dealing with ourselves —as we are right here and right now. I read them, Highlight them, dog-ear them, note in them, and then pass them along. These books are treasured as physical beings, markers for my life, wayfinders for my journey into my own mind.
    For me, it's less about knowing the right answer at the right time ( as most business business advice books are apt to do), but rather finding solace and finding my own way when I feel lost.
    So, this is the book that made me cry whenever I read it. And I've honestly read it a couple of times but I can't get over of the story. The title of the book is A Walk to Remember written by Nicolas Sparks. Really, Mr. Sparks never get you bored on his novels, he always have something up under the sleeves and that makes his stories more interesting. His novels are really a good catch and you should probably start reading them by now if you still haven't. I recommend that book I said earlier because it doesn't only tells you a typical love story, but rather teaches you about life, about God, about friendship and most importantly about miracles. You may not believe in miracles but by reading this story, you'll question many of the things around you. That maybe for some reasons, things aren't made to be just things and people aren't really made to be just people. P.S. As you read the book, please ready yourself with some tissues beside you because if you never cried by watching its movie adaptation well i doubt you'd be able to keep those tears again.

3 people like this.
  2. stoxinc

stoxinc New Member

You should read "FOOLS DIE" by Mario Puzo, It made me cry at some point.

3. Etaypink1

Etaypink1 Active Member

8 Books That Will Definitely Make You Cry
    • 1. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck.
    • 2. The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison.
    • 3. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.
    • 4. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult.
    • 5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.
    • 6. A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara.
    • 7. Atonement by Ian McEwan.
    • 8. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold.
    • :):):):):):):):):):):):):)
    • :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

1 person likes this.
  4. kfrianz11

kfrianz11 New Member

I LIKE IT

5. rhein09

rhein09 New Member

Tuesdays with Morrie this book really made me cry and it hits me so hard!!!

6. pceug17

pceug17 Member

They both die at the end. Love em, hate them, cry with them kind of story. The title will spoil you but the mystery is when and how. Its so sad because you cant really evade death.