What can you say about traffic in the Philippines?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Marcosdc, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Marcosdc

Marcosdc Member

Traffic in the Philippines. What's you thought? Is there a solution to this? Is it too late for subways.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    1 person likes this.
  2. marcbarredo13

marcbarredo13 Member

The traffic in the Philippines is worse and it will require cooperation for each of one of us. The platforms of Metro Manila Development Authority are not working because of irresponsible drivers that do not cooperate with the road laws. If each of one of us and the drivers cooperate with the laws, we will maintain the flow of the traffic but this do not happen because most drivers change lanes more often and this minor effort will disrupt the flow of the traffic which causes heavy congestion.

3. Warren1967

Warren1967 Active Member

It is one of the worse places on earth to drive or commute. I remember working in a far off place that I had to wake up at 3:29 in the morning just to make sure I get a ride. I f you wake up late then you arrive late. Even if you work near your home, you have to leave early to beat the traffic jam. Traffic here is a pain.

4. Anjin

Anjin Member

As a filipino citizen, traffice in the Philippines is so bad. I have a job and I have to travel 2-3 hrs everyday just to go to work. But during holidays, this travel time only takes 45 mins. to 1 hour. Becuae of congestions, roads became narrow, and people has no discipline. These things make tha traffic in the Philippines so bad. Government is always trying so hard to make our life easier when it comes to traffic but the people are not cooperating. If only citizens are cooperating, sacrificing little things for the better and seeing the big picture government wants die our economy, we can eliminate terrible traffic situation.

5. pbraun

pbraun Member

It is very annoying. I hope the government will build necessary infrastructures to aide traffic.

6. It is worse of the worse. I think they should implement the effective ways to aide traffic especially in Manila. Super duper traffic.

7. MikeyB

MikeyB Member

All I can say about that is that the real root cause of it, is BAD Urban Planning. Observe: Too many malls, condos that doesn't cater for the average joes let alone the poor; condos, that are made to make more money by catering only for the rich, eating too much space in the cities and pushing to majority of average Filipinos out in the far-flung province and make them commute all the way to work in Metropolitan Manila. Very, very BAD.

Much worse, is that Filipinos are very shortsighted when it comes to population control. Population Management through sound family planning practices is the main key. Always check the rule of Supply and Demand: The more people (demand), the more resources are consumed (supply). Conversely, less people equates to lower levels of resources consumed.

As long as you cannot stop the population growth and allow bad planning of your cities to flourish, don't expect any solutions - long or short term - in sight.

8. kirbycorpin02

kirbycorpin02 Member

[​IMG]

Traffic in the Philippines is really bad. Manila is one of the cities in the world that has the worst traffic. Along EDSA which is Epifanio Delos Santos Avenue is the largest highway in the Metro. Bump to bump cars and accidents are the most common scenario. From home to work, it will take me 4 hours to travel. For that time, I can already travel from Manila to Baguio (mountain province in Northern Luzon).

As the population grows, the volume of vehicles on the road is also increasing. Expect pollution on your road. Billions of Peso is lost every year because of the heavy traffic. Many people tried to think of ways on how to ease the traffic, but none of them become successful. You have to expect the traffic during rush hours. From 6 AM to 9 AM and 5 PM to 7 PM. You need a lot of patience when you are travelling along the busy highway in the Metro.