What did you have for dinner last night?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PeterStaunton, May 14, 2017.

1. PeterStaunton

PeterStaunton New Member

This is such a strange question but for some strange reason, there is a small tinge of curiosity floating around in the deep depths of my brain that genuinely wants to know. I feel like this question is awkward and strangely personal but I think that is the reason I am asking it, to get a socially significant response, whether it be good or whether it be bad. So, what did you have for dinner last night?

2. Radix1

Radix1 New Member

For dinner last night I had trail mix. It wasn't the best kind of trail mix, but it was ok. It wasn't as good as Chex Mix, or that really good trail mix with M&M's, peanuts, and pretzels, but it was an off-brand I bought from the corner store. And if I'm being totally honest the only reason I ate it for dinner is because I didn't feel like cooking dinner or making something else. But isn't that the true purpose of trail mix? to have something to eat as a filler for something else? To figure out what the real purpose of trail mix is I had to dive deeper.

The google definition for trail mix is "Trail mix is considered an ideal snack food for hikes, because it is lightweight, easy to store, and nutritious, providing a quick energy boost from the carbohydrates in the dried fruit or granola, and sustained energy from fats in nuts."

So if you were wondering, trail mix is technically an acceptable dinner, considering it having all of the needed carbohydrates, fats, and nutrients your body needs. Although if you are looking for something to eat right before bed, thats a different story because it also provides a quick energy boost from the carbohydrates.

3. Fin Maxwell

Fin Maxwell New Member

I had some beautiful sweet Thai chicken wraps with some Hallomi cheese and a portion of chips.

4. ForumSpammer67

ForumSpammer67 New Member

I had Pizza Hut last night, I was too tired to make anything so, I just grabbed some pizza and ended it. I had 2 slices and left the rest for lunch/dinner for today.

5. Exsulto

Exsulto New Member

I remember it like it was yesterday. The first course was a smoked salmon roll that I warmed-up slightly. Next I finished some leftover vegetable and pasta in creme sauce. Finally I ate the last slice of pumpkin pie - it was too sweet without coffee.

6. kianovember

kianovember New Member

Last night was a special night, as most of the world have celebrated Mother's Day. In my household, special occasions call for special food. I live with my grandmother and as always I am blessed to experience good, home cooked meals first hand. Without further delay, last night I had the pleasure of partaking in pigeon peas and rice, fried chicken, curried goat and potato salad, washed down with soursop juice. A truly amazing Jamaican meal.

7. aj1636

aj1636 New Member

Honestly, I ate popcorn and Sour Patch Kids. Not my best moment, but I was able to make up for it with my breakfast this morning of eggs and toast. I'm thinking that I will eat something better tonight, like the Hamburger Helper meal I have in the back of the pantry.

8. Green Tarsier

Green Tarsier New Member

Last night i had Chicken Adobo with egg fried rice cooked by my lovely wife.

9. Kreative

Kreative New Member

My mom lives with me, and she made grilled hamburgers with cheese and guacamole on Brizzolio buns. They were good - although I'm not a fan of guacamole so that part was a bit disappointing.

Now that it's summer, we are trying to include more red fruits and veggies and dark green leaves - these are actually proven to help with sun protection from the inside out!

10. Ronniep6

Ronniep6 New Member

I have been cooking for about 30 days straight since my significant other started working. Last night i made baked stake, Rice, corn, and garlic bread. Tonight buritos and chips. I did not feel like cooking!

11. Scooter

Scooter New Member

I had PRIMO Spaghettini with Basil & Garlic Pizza Sauce for a change. I called this Perfect Pasta, never sticky, never starchy. I cooked a pot full all for myself, just can't enough of pasta. It does fill the gut and I find it's a meal at anytime of the day not a snack like just before bedtime.

12. jrmyfrncsc014

jrmyfrncsc014 Member

I ate instant noodles for dinner. It's been a long time since I've had it, I think my stomach's rejecting my dinner. I don't feel too well.

13. simplym

simplym Member

Last night, I had a light salad. In my salad was: romaine lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, sliced turkey ham topped with feta cheese and dash of ranch salad dressing.

14. Rogue254

Rogue254 New Member

I made some corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and shamrock rolls the night before last and reheated it for last night. The shamrock rolls were better than I thought they'd be, another good bread recipe I need to keep handy.

15. EJ Burg

EJ Burg New Member

I treated myself, I got a Italian bread bun, fried up 2 vegiterien potato and veg patties, smeared the buns with cottage cheese and added tomatoes then put the patties in the bun and top it with chilly sauce. AND IT WAS SO DELICIOUS !!

16. Sweetdays

Sweetdays New Member

Listen, I'm not gonna lie. I eat tacos like three times a week. I really, really love tacos, nachos and burritos. But you know what? I don't want to taco 'bout it. I'll get jalapeno face if you make me.

peablaze likes this.
  17. keze979

keze979 New Member

I treated myself well I ate jollof rice and chicken with chicken stew. It was prepared by my girlfriend it was ummm delicious I enjoyed it.

18. Savingthebees

Savingthebees New Member

My dinner consisted of fried chicken and many plates of rice. I just cannot stop eating if my viant is fried chicken. I think i was born to eat fried chicken. So it was not the first dinner, i had another one around 1 am when i was up doing some interviews for a job.

19. virgofall

virgofall New Member

I had made some tacos with ground turkey. It's rare I really ever purchase, much less cook meat, in general, but I just wanted to make something different, so chose tacos. I usually have a lot of vegetables as is, so I wanted to break that up a bit.

20. XoxoDee

XoxoDee New Member

I love this question mainly because I find myself wanting to ask it as well but feel as though its strange. It's a very acceptable question though I feel. It's a great way to get dinner ideas. Last night I actually cooking myself and my husband a pretty simple yet delicious meal. I made spicy buffalo wing, cheesy mashed potatoes and a side of roasted corn. I must say it all came out better than expected and my husband seemed thrilled. He's not much of a chicken eater but with the way he was scarfing down those wings you wouldn't have been able to tell. Hope I can inspire someone to try a dish similar!

21. SpitfireMase

SpitfireMase New Member

Tacos are the most important meal of the day, and failing to get your recommended amount of tacos can result in health problems. I love tacos and since I don't get them enough, I end up getting nachos from where I work entirely too often.

22. StardustNebula

StardustNebula New Member

I had to buy some fast-food since I got out of work a lot later than usual, not that I mind though! I'm a bit of a sucker for junk food, guilty pleasure ahoy.
    I happen to have a burger joint RIGHT next to my house, not to mention a BK will be opening in front as well. Who am I to question destiny's plans on wrecking my diet? Plus a little treat to myself won't hurt, it's what I deserve after a long day's work :p

23. The SpedLady

The SpedLady New Member

You know last night was interesting because it was a Netflix night for me and my family. We had leftover BBQ because I refused to cook. Now my kids went out to eat with their friends. So the "we" I was referring to was me and hubby had BBQ.

24. Emma Leigh

Emma Leigh New Member

Yesterday was a pretty busy day for us so we just put together something quick and easy. On a busy day like yesterday we would normally just get fast food but I figured I would just make something quick. Salmon, rice, and broccoli quickest, easiest and tastiest meal I've had in a while!

25. Hux

Hux Active Member

I wasn't very hungry so I just made up a tuna pasta to snack on. I'm feeling some pizza for tonight though..

26. JimLon

JimLon New Member

Maybe one of my favorite traditional Greek dishes, Yemista! Vegetables (tomatoes, bell peppers, eggplants) filled with rice, and baked in the oven. Delicious!

27. Ariada2013

Ariada2013 New Member

I had enchiladas for dinner last night. I make kind of an Americanized version of them, but they are really yummy. I used ground beef cooked with green chile, and I make my own red sauce for the topping. They are a bit spicy for my kids, so I usually end up making them a plain cheese enchilada. The recipe makes a lot, so we always have leftovers. They are really good reheated too.

28. MissMori

MissMori New Member

Last night I made black pepper shrimp, green salad, and had a baguette. My family sat around the table eating shrimp, dipping our bread in the buttery, peppery shrimp drippings. So good! It was only a pound of butter.

29. aleumdawo

aleumdawo New Member

I ate Korean Barbeque, japchae and kimbap at a buffet.

30. shector

shector New Member

I had yakisoba ramen from Maruchan. It is a little bit expensive than regular ramen but I was surprised that it was so good. I even added some eggs and soy sauce for a more authentic experience even without any money