What do you do to relieve stress?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Gloryontheway, Apr 10, 2014.

1. pkfolk

pkfolk New Member

Sometimes you just need to stop for a moment and realize that there's NOTHING that really matters. If your problems have a solution, then you'll eventually find it. If they don't, why worry about them? Plus, keeping a calm mindset always helps coming up with better ideas.

So I would suggest simple things as having a nice tea, going for a walk or taking a nap. I am not the kind of person that's good with mindfulness, but it helps for maaaaany people. Last advice: don't spend to much time in front of a screen, it adds up to your stress levels.

2. AceEiseu

AceEiseu New Member

To relieve stresses, I sing songs that I really like. Songs by Now United really lifts my mood up. I also watch movies and focus on it so that i wont have to be stressed

3. shangj27

shangj27 New Member

To relieve my stress . I ussually surround my self to my family and a Have a good bonds with them. And the best way is I will read the bible to Draw near to GOD.

4. katemacam23

katemacam23 Member

When I am stressed I always listen to music so that it would change my mood and music is one of my stress relievers. But having a Love one is much better because that special person has the ability to relieve your stress using her/his feelings for you.

5. sbarsbar

sbarsbar New Member

A habit I try to do to relieve stress is to get myself something to be busy about. It sounds ironic, but honestly, it works for me. There are two types of stresses.

1. Good stress - a stress which gives you a positive imbalance.
    2. Bad stress - a stress which deals with a negative imbalance.

As for me, I take on things which I believe provide me a good stress and keep my mind busy. This way, I could work on focusing my mind so I could avoid thinking about stress. One thing which works for me is doing my garden.

6. Aearh

Aearh New Member

I listen to music, watch movies. go out with friends, singing karaoke and of course eating sweets. These are just few of the things I do whenever I'm stressed out.

7. saidakazzo

saidakazzo New Member

Relax and watch a movie

8. weeshieng

weeshieng New Member

One way to relieve stress is to get sweat. Exercise fights stress. Releases all your tensions and toxins from the body through the sweat you produce in exercising.

9. weeshieng

weeshieng New Member

At the age of 29, watching barbie movies helps me to relieve stress. The sounds of their voices and their music has a relaxing effect. Provides calming effect that helps you to meditate.

10. weeshieng

weeshieng New Member

Sometimes sleep is helpful in relieving stress. A good sleep that last to 2-4 hours is enough to regain body's energy.

11. expertwitness

expertwitness New Member

For me food is life! If you're stressed then eat. It's much better than you freak out and start to heat up. Violence is not the right way to ease up. Real talk, there are people who used to curse or start to debate or argue into something. Then it will start a heated fight. So to avoid that, it is much peaceful to just eat. After that use your "alone time" wisely. All the bad things that happened to you on that day, write it on your journal. When you finished, talk to God. He will help you fully ease up.

12. Jonkustes

Jonkustes New Member

My favorite thing to do when I feel out of it is I go outside for a brief exercise. I love basketball the most of all exercise and sports activities and it's great when you develop the ability to be decent at a sport.

13. innah

innah New Member

Whenever I feel stressed, I opt to travel and go to places I’ve never been. It makes me feel relaxed and relieved all my worries away.

14. Dietjay

Dietjay New Member

I eliminate toxic people. Believe me people that is toxic in your life is the 70% cause of your stress. So do not waste of time dealing with them, let them go. NEXT, have clean and organize surrounding it is happier to live in a clean house. TIPS: talk to God or read motivational books. Meditate for about 15 minutes a day. And lastly, use scented candle in your room it really works.

15. eddilee28

eddilee28 New Member

As a person, we should know our limits every time we encounter problems that can cause too much stress. Because I believe that if you put yourself to limit the less stress you encounter in life. Stress can leave us if we have Encouragement, Inspiration, Goals, Self-worth, and God.
    I have a quote for everyone, GIVE YOUR STRESS, WINGS AND LET IT FLY AWAY. see? I know all of us are stronger like God, God over-come the passion that he encountered and then we should do the same, we must overcome our anxiety, stress in our lives. So nothing to worry about, Stand up, Smile and Leave Stress Alone.

16. aditya8485

aditya8485 Member

There are many ways to get relieved from stress but as of now, i follow two simple steps; one is i sleep as much as possible whenever i feel stressed and when that is not possible i simply listen to music on Youtube for hours together and i don't even know the time passing by when i listen to music.

17. tjmay

tjmay Member

food.jpg eating too much

18. oramos

oramos New Member

When i am stressed, i go fishing with a friend. Fishing claims the mind and help me to relax an enjoy nature at its best.

19. madzdavid

madzdavid New Member

Every day is a stressful day for me, for us Moms. Doing everyday chores, laundry even after work/office. But the only way for me to relieve my stress is seeing my kids smile, I sit down with them, giggle and talk to them. We all have the same hobbies "gardening and watching movies online." Seeing them healthy and happy makes me feel fulfilled. That's the way I can relax and lay my back to sleep at night.

20. kcavs

kcavs New Member

I do my best to prevent stress by habitually meditating before bed, practicing positive cognition, eating well, sleeping well, and investing my time and effort into things that make me happy. However, stress seems to be this inescapable thing that creeps up on you when you least expect it, so it is hard to really prepare for. To reduce stress once I am experiencing it, I will distract myself from whatever it is that is inducing the stress, even if just temporarily. I focus on something that does not develop as much anxiety as the stressor in order to give my mind a little bit to refresh. After changing my focus for a little bit, I find that I am able to return to the stressor in a more effective manner. Although, just ignoring the problem for a little bit doesn't always help, and in time sensitive cases it can just induce more stress. In these instances I tend to play upbeat and happy music in the background to help keep my attitude positive. Having something upbeat playing as background noise keeps me from getting too wrapped up in the stress and allows me to better manage my anxiety levels.

21. I drink coffee while looking in the trees in our garden.

22. Exercise is one of the most important things you can do to releive stress. It might seem contradictory, but putting physical stress on your body through exercise can relieve mental stress. The benefits are strongest when you exercise regularly. People who exercise regularly are less likely to experience anxiety than those who don't exercise.

23. jeda30

jeda30 Member

It is so frustrating to deal things when you are stressed because your mind is less active. To overcome this, you should determine things that cause your stress and once you find out these things try to eliminate them. Try to spend your time in some worthy activities like doing workouts, enjoying outdoor activities, and spending some time with your loved ones. If none of these help you in relieving stress find a peaceful place and see the beauty of nature.

24. ruthc

ruthc New Member

I can avoid stress by doing some work out and eating healthy.
    Spending time with family and friend over coffee without negative table talk.
    Beautiful places and surroundings can helps more to release stress as well.

25. yhanmar08

yhanmar08 Member

If i am stressed i eat out or i eat a lot. This things can make me feel happy and i forgot about my stress. After i ate i can think of the solution i how to solve my problem or the things that can stress me. Food can make me happy. it is ine of the things that i can do to relieve my stress.

26. johnstiven

johnstiven New Member

If you're feeling overwhelmed by a stressful situation, try taking a break and listening to relaxing music. Playing calm music has a positive effect on the brain and body, can lower blood pressure, and reduce cortisol, a hormone linked to stress.

We recommend cello master Yo-Yo Ma playing Bach, but if classical really isn’t your thing, try listening to ocean or nature sounds. It may sound cheesy, but they have similar relaxing effects to music.

27. elliethegypsy

elliethegypsy Member

Every morning, I do workout and make my bed. Doing this things allows me to start my day right. If I feel things are not doing well and I'm starting to get stress, I will turn my music up and do an inhale-exhale process. It makes my body relax and get a piece of mind. And if it's still not enough, then I will go out, walk in the park with my dog and get a glass of wine. Sometimes, I chat with my best friends about random stuff and rant about what I'm going through and they always makes my day end right.

28. Wolfiend

Wolfiend Member

A lot actually and it really depends on what mood I'm at and what's the source of the stress.
    Sometime I could be listening to a soothing music after a hard day's work or I could be found in the gym working my ass off after just couching all day and watching TV and feeling my energy draining away. Or, I could be doing some breathing exercises (Whim Hof Method of breathing is best) after a heavy workout to calm myself down.

29. arunkm001

arunkm001 New Member

According to me, Music is the prime way to relieve my stress. I choose more melodious and speed songs to hear. It will make me cool and calm. Whenever I am stressed I switch on my favorite playlist and enjoy it.

I also do exercises when I am stressed, doing more exercises will help me to build strong the body and cool the mind. Whenever I do exercise it creates self-confidence and positive mindset.

30. terryse2019

terryse2019 New Member

I do vigorous exercises and practice deep breathing to counter stress. As you know, a person who is physically fit is already mentally healthier too. He or she is really more cheerful, and able to cope better. Likewise, we know now, that the average unfit person who doesn't exercise, is certainly more stressed, more liable to depression and anxiety.