What do you do to relieve stress?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Gloryontheway, Apr 10, 2014.

1. RaffyXsammy018

RaffyXsammy018 New Member

I usually take time for myself when I feel so stress. I could find peace by meditating on my own, taking a deep breath, do the things that relaxes me, and also working out. Yes, working out can help me relieve stress through sweating. another way to make my stress away is reading bible verses, it helps me recharge my energy and strength. after all of that, I could already go back to my usual routine.

2. Robsky

Robsky New Member

I do a lot of things to relieve stress. First, I watch Youtube videos or stream online. Youtube provides good entertainment because of their videos and some of them are helpful to cope with stress. I really enjoy watching Youtube videos especially the funny ones.

Second, I play mobile games because it makes me feel relaxed. Mobile games really give me a good time and I really love playing games using mobile phones. There are varieties to choose from and I try to play the new and updated games.

Last, I go out with friends. Talking with friends and having a quality time is really important to relieve stress. They will listen to your story and provide solution to your problems. Going out with friends is helpful when you feel lonely.

3. dobusinesswithclb

dobusinesswithclb New Member

Working 8 hours a day for 5 days in a week is quite stressful what I do to relieve stress is usually hang out with friends and pig out. I realize that talking my stress out is better than keeping it to myself. When I don't have time I just take myself out on a date sit on the corner of a cozy coffee shop and self reflect. It's quite relaxing.

4. LightPatch

LightPatch Member

When I’m stress at life, I always have time for myself where I can enjoy and not worry too much. Going to the gym helps me to feel at ease and feel that I will solve my problems. It helps my body and mind to stay active. I also benefited from doing meditation because it helps me to relieve the stress or the tension in my body that I didn’t know holding me back or making me worse.

5. Rexcydlp

Rexcydlp New Member

If you're feeling overwhelmed by a stressful situation, try taking a break and listening to relaxing music. Playing calm music has a positive effect on the brain and body, can lower blood pressure, and reduce cortisol, a hormone linked to stress.We recommend cello master Yo-Yo Ma playing Bach, but if classical really isn’t your thing, try listening to ocean or nature sounds. It may sound cheesy, but they have similar relaxing effects to music.
    You can also take a break to call a friend and talk about your problems. Good relationships with friends and loved ones are important to any healthy lifestyle. They’re especially important when you're under a lot of stress. A reassuring voice, even for a minute, can put everything in perspective.

6. HanniBanni

HanniBanni New Member

Quotes by William James (1842-1910) are powerful motivators for taking control of your own life and reducing stress, for you I chose the most powerful thoughts from him:

1. "Pessimism leads to weakness, and optimism gives us power."

2. "The strongest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought and reject another."

3. "Treat yourself as if your behavior could change everything. Because you can. "

4. “Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, just moving at different speeds. The sense of humor is actually common sense, just dancing. "

5. "The biggest discovery of my generation is that man can change his life by changing his behavior."

6. “Be ready to accept. Accepting what happened is the first step in overcoming the consequences of any accident. "

7. “Do something every day that you would gladly avoid. Thanks to that, you'll be ready to put up with the pressure when the necessary need to do something similar is shown. "

8. "It is precisely our attitude at the very beginning of a difficult task, more than anything, that determines a successful outcome."

GOOD LUCK!

7. maxtorbz20

maxtorbz20 New Member

Exercise is one of the most important things you can do to combat stress. It lowers your body's stress hormones such as cortisol in the long run. It also helps release endorphins, which are chemicals that improve your mood and act as natural painkillers. It can also improve your sleep quality, which can be negatively affected by stress and anxiety.

8. Miallie23

Miallie23 New Member

Personally, when my stress levels are very high sometimes I can't help but cry. Crying it out makes me really feel calm and make me sleep better. There are even proven benefits to it! Shedding emotional tears releases oxytocin and endorphins and these chemicals make people feel good and this may also ease both physical and emotional pain. In this way, crying can also enhance our mood.

If my stress levels aren't that high, I'd just listen to great music, distract myself with watching TV or just sleep.

Another way of relieving my stress is I call up some close friends meet up with them over coffee or dinner and tell them the reason why I'm stressed. My friends would give me great advice, or an outsiders' perspective or they'd just comfort me. Knowing that there's someone you can rely on helps overcome stress.

I hope this helps! :)

9. Mitzkie

Mitzkie New Member

Having a positive thinking is one of way to relieve stress. And also one of the best way to relieve stress is to have a healthy lifestyle and having friends and family to talk to.

10. nheilm2020

nheilm2020 Member

Stress is everywhere and it may come from time to time, isn't it? All I did when I experience stress due to some stressors surround me is by simply ignoring them and doing something that is very purposeful and meaningful. Normally, stress also can be psychological, that is why, if you think of it, it may ruin your whole system.

11. AngKool27

AngKool27 Member

have a good sleep at least 7 hours and up,..

12. EnceJoy

EnceJoy New Member

I will do my daily workout at home or at the gym. Call mu best friend or hang out with my daughter. Tune in my favorite music and lay down. Drink one glass of water or hot tea. I do some stretching and breathing exercises.

13. FriendLyMe143

FriendLyMe143 New Member

Mine is staying away from things that would make my wife angry.. That's one huge stress relief! ;)
    And in my case, i can't tolerate the release of adrenaline specially after drinking coffee, it makes me feel nervous and jittery afterwards. And I also try to stay away from stressful people

14. Miah123

Miah123 New Member

Most of the time, pray. Whenever i feel like I am stressing out with all the problems I usually pray first, and then think of the things that I can do to overcome it. And also talk about it with my other friends and then eat foods that I like. It actually helps me a lot to stay positive in life.

15. Weszleyyyyy5

Weszleyyyyy5 New Member

There are many ways of relieving stress, but the thing that I do is watching movies or listening to music. Watching movies help me to calm my mind in regards to being stressed in school. Genres such as romantic comedy, comedy, action, fantasy, adventure, crime, thriller, horror, medicine, and animation are the top choices for me to relieve stress.
    In music, I prefer upbeat songs, K-pop, and other genres that suit up your mood.
    Remember, always relieve your stress so that you can keep up with your daily activities and have a good flow in life. Be always happy as stress can attack you not only emotionally, but also physically and psychologically.

16. jylemmm

jylemmm New Member

I do running to relieve stress after a hard day at work. Running has many benefits aside from making you healthy and fit. It boosts your morale everytime you finish your goal and surpass your records. There is fun in running for you can meet new people on running communities, also on race days if you want to join too. Also, there is fulfillment in collecting finisher medals and shirts when joining runs.

I also would like to suggest if you consider running to relieve stress is to join virtual races or runs, there you will accomplish certain distances for a month long and will be rewarded for your hardwork.

17. mauldind

mauldind New Member

The best way I relief stress is through exercise. Find what works for you: walking, biking lifting light weights, this works for me!

18. jhemjeff

jhemjeff New Member

for me the effective way to relieve stress is to shout things out and eating chocolates. Shouting in an open space once in a while helps me vent out my stress. it makes me calm and helps me think more clearly after shouting. and then eating chocolates puts me on the right mood to continue again and move forward

19. yetyet

yetyet Member

Prayer for me is the best way to relieve stress. It makes me feel that no matter how difficult life is I know that God is always there for me. Next is I watched funny videos online, promise it's also effective it makes you smile, laugh and get amazed how they can do it. Other than that, I also listen to my favorite music it calms me down and then even though I know I don't have a wonderful voice I sing. Singing makes me happy actually, it releases the bad vibes that I have inside.

20. moschab

moschab New Member

what I often do to relieve my stress ... is to do the things I want to do. just do what eases your mood.

21. mahleen

mahleen New Member

If you are stressed then these three things might help you. First, listen to music then drink wine or any preferred alcohol and take a hot bath. I call for these kind of relaxation whenever I'm having any problems. Music makes you groove and replaces whats on your mind into any jam you like. Alcohol is a booster to the energy you already regain. It also the reason you can easily sleep and rest. Finally a hot bath is for your physical therapy. You'd feel clean from all the dirt and it warms you up. I'd feel de-stressed just by telling you how it is.

Another helpful stress reliever is exercise. Exercise calibrates your mental well being. Stress kills brain cells and you need to fight that. When you exercise, your body releases painkillers called endorphins. You releases oxygen which is the food of the brain. And you also improve your ability to sleep.

Stress will go away. You'll just have to know the root of it and probably make a solution or compromise with the situation. if not, you'll find the way to relieve from it.

22. annatagas

annatagas New Member

Whenever I'm stressed the thing i do is to distance myself from the things that are causing my stress. If it's a person that causing me stress then i will get as far as possible from that person, block him or her from my phone so i don't receive any message or call from that person. If it's my work that's causing me stress then I go home and sleep it off. If it's a situation then I walk away from that situation and try to not think about it at first then go back when I'm ready.

23. Im a big fun of stres. I always listen to the music and watching movies to feel that im out of world it helps me to escape from the reality. Every single day in my life im being stress from studies, relationship, friends, Thats why i think that Im done for that kind of stress in my life Listening and watching is the best way to remove our stresses

24. mimi93aly

mimi93aly New Member

I will always look at my baby and think of the good things to relieve stress. But when i'm stress because of my baby i will take a break and took a deep deep deep breath and think of how I love my baby. Then i will hug him and say how much i love him. But before my baby came to my life. I need to smoke 3 or 5 sticks lf cigarrete. But i need to quit for my baby. I want to be the better version of my self.

25. melb84

melb84 New Member

Exercise is one of the most important things to combat stress.Putting physical stress on my body relieves mental stress.It benefits me when I exercise regulary.

26. Robah

Robah New Member

Everytime I am overwhelmed by stressful situation, I try taking a break and listen to relaxing music. Playing slow music has positive effect on brain. I also call a friend and talk about my problem.

1 person likes this.
  27. Nicktabi

Nicktabi New Member

In order to relieve stress, the first thing I always consider is involving myself in exercise like push up, jogging, bicycle crunches, reverse crunches,high plank, scissors, bird dog, V sit up, mountain climber and leg raised. The things I always do also to relieve stress are spending time with my family and friends, laughing, learning not to procrastinate, always being mindful, seek for medical attention, listening to cool music, breathing deeply, eat food that reduce anxiety and spend time with my pet. There are so many things but to mention few that I always do to relieve stress.

28. ItsMazohra

ItsMazohra Member

Listening to Music and watching kotean dramas is my way of releasing my stress.

29. LLONA

LLONA New Member

try to take a break to call a friend and talk about your problems. Good relationships with friends and loved ones are important to any healthy lifestyle.

30. ilanthirayan

ilanthirayan New Member

When i am stressed out.the very first thing i would do is leave the place or avoid the person for a while.the memories or the place will have a negative impact on your life.
    also, the decision you take at those confused time will ruin your day.it is very important.whether it is a stress or happiness.just postpone it for thirty minutes.your mind will be clear as sky and you will always be right.