What do you do to relieve stress?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Gloryontheway, Apr 10, 2014.

1. francesca

francesca New Member

I listen to instrumental music while drinking hot coffee. It helps me to relieve my stress. Sometimes going out and buying/shopping things or even talking to a friend lifted up my mood. And a cold bath at night before going to bed relaxes me plus a warm milk with oatmeal makes me feel sleepy.

2. MrMoose

MrMoose New Member

I enjoy listening to ASMR videos while reading a book. Having some tea, a bath. Possibly skyping with people to vent if it's appropriate. I also play video games for a short while to get my mind off of things.

3. Joachim Lee

Joachim Lee New Member

For me, if I ever feel angry or upset or stressed, I like to step outside into my backyard and just go at it on my punching bag. Really letting everything out until the point of heavy breathing, and it makes you feel fresh. Especially if it is a cool day and you feel heated, it definitely cools you down some.

4. livinglife

livinglife New Member

I often eat a low calorie dessert with a cup of decaffeinated coffee. I keep the calories under 200. That usually does the trick.

5. kklovekm

kklovekm New Member

I'm am currently a massage therapist, so by default I always suggest that form of therapy to help relieve stress and tension in the body. If you have never had a massage before you should try something new and get one if you can. It not only helps your stress level, it's also good for your muscles and blood circulation. As humans we all need those nasty toxins in our bodies flushed out of our system so we can live healthier and happier.

6. Calcium

Calcium New Member

I go to the gym 5-6 times a week to lift weights, it's great for relieving stress and it makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something. After my workouts I'll usually take baths as well and just cool down in them.

7. TainaF

TainaF New Member

Currently, I am in a long distance relationship, add my stressful job to that equation. Talking to him every day helps me out a lot, he is my little stress reliever. I am so bless and lucky to have someone like him in my life, this distance between us is bearable. The other way I release my stressful week is gaming, I am an online gamer and I also find that crocheting helps somewhat.

8. TainaF

TainaF New Member

I want to learn about meditation, sounds interesting.

9. florida2015

florida2015 New Member

I do several things to relieve stress. I watch a good movie or read a book. I go walking in a beautiful park with water in it and walk several miles. I call a friend and talk to them about my problems. I help others and that takes my mind off myself. I dance in my living room to some great music. I loose myself on the internet by doing research. I also go traveling which always works for me.

10. Susan Hollowell

Susan Hollowell New Member

І hаvе sо mаnу strеss rеlіеf rеgіmеns thаt іt's а wоndеr thаt І gеt strеssеd оut аt аll. Оf соursе thе рrоblеm wіth strеss іs thаt nо mаttеr whаt оnе dоеs tо gеt rіd оf іt, sоmеhоw strеss аlwауs сrеерs bасk іn. Fоr mе thе fаіl sаfе аnd bеst bіt оf рrеvеntіоn іs tаkіng rеgulаr wаlks оutsіdе bу mуsеlf. І аlsо wаlk оn а trеаdmіll fоr hеаlth аnd І fіnd thаt bоth аrе thеrареutіс. Іn mу оріnіоn tаkіng rеgulаr wаlks оutsіdе bу mуsеlf јust рuts аll thіngs іn реrsресtіvе аnd hеlрs thе strеss јust mеlt аwау. Аftеr а mіnutе оr twо оf wаlkіng іn а раrk І stаrt tо nоtісе thе wіldlіfе аnd thе sоunds аnd smеlls аnd stор nоtісіng thе trіvіаl thіngs thаt аrе саusіng strеss.

Оf соursе thеrе аrе lоts оf wауs tо dеаl wіth strеss аnd sоmеtіmеs dеаlіng wіth strеss іsn't аs sіmрlе аs gооd musіс оr а drіnk оr а wаlk іn thе раrk. Іts іmроrtаnt tо аlsо undеrstаnd аnd іdеntіfу thе саusе оr sоurсе оf thе strеss іf уоu rеаllу wаnt tо dеаl wіth іt оr rіd уоursеlf оf thе nеgаtіvе еffесts оf thе strеss.

11. JrodnFLA

JrodnFLA New Member

I prefer to surf, swim, fish, or go sailing to relieve stress. Since I am not always near a body of water for those activities going for a jog or hike through the woods can help, if I am stuck inside then stretching can help my stress. If all else fails I can try talking it out with someone, however that can backfire and cause more stress. Sometimes simply writing can help me.

12. Jenorn

Jenorn New Member

Simple things like reading self-help or inspirational articles, watching movies, writing something like this relieve my stress. Walking is a good form of relaxation especially when I'm annoyed or upset, I walk really fast. It's not only good for the mind but to one's health as well! Above all, talking to my family makes me feel better and yes, I also pray to God in just a conversational tone. Tomorrow is another day! :thumbsup:

13. deeker822

deeker822 New Member

I know this may sound strange, but sometimes when I am feeling stressed I google "Sounds of the ocean" on You Tube.
    I turn the lights off and just sit back with my laptop and listen and watch the waves of Hawaii. It is pretty awesome.

14. Meditation is a great stress reliever, but it may not be your cup of tea. When stressed, I just sleep. When I'm in a situation where I can't or am not allowed to sleep, I break the ice with quick games online like Bato.

15. ChristineEC

ChristineEC New Member

I can't say that I have much stress in my life. When the odd occasion does arise and I feel a bit bogged down and stressed out I like to read my bible, listen to worship music or workout. Getting out of the house and meeting up with friends and family also helps put things into perspective.

16. Haruko

Haruko New Member

І hаvе аn еntіrе rоutіnе fоr strеssful dауs. Usuаllу whеn І gеt hоmе frоm сlаss, І рut sоmе сlеаn shееts оn mу bеd, thеn І tаkе а nісе bаth (wіth саndlеs, bubblеs, whоlе nіnе уаrds) аnd јust lеt mуsеlf unwіnd. Whеn І gеt оut, І drу оff аnd рut lоtіоn оn, thеn І gо fіnd а bооk tо rеаd оr dоwnlоаd оnе оntо mу Κіndlе, аnd сurl uр іn bеd аnd rеаd untіl І fаll аslеер.

Іt's sо rеlахіng, аnd nоthіng fееls bеttеr tо mе thаn hаvіng сlеаn shееts оn thе bеd аnd bеіng аblе tо јust rеlах.

Іf І dоn't hаvе tіmе fоr thаt аnd іt's рrеttу оutsіdе, І tаkе mу dоg fоr а wаlk оr sіt оutsіdе аnd brush hіm. Не lоvеs іt, аnd іt rеlахеs hіm, tоо!

17. sophiesmom12

sophiesmom12 New Member

Nine times out of ten, to relieve stress I take a nice, hot, bubble bath. It always seems to warm me up and relax all my muscles after a tough day. I put on some streaming music, add extra bubbles, and light a candle that sits on the side of the tub. This almost always relaxes me. If it does not, then I know I had a rough day, and I will take a long nap, or go to sleep earlier than usual.

18. khristyathompson

khristyathompson New Member

I usually go for a bike ride, that varies in intensity levels, go back home, make a refreshing banana shake, and then hit the shower. The shower starts of with about fifteen minutes of hot water and usually ends with about a minute of cold water- which is pretty much hydro therapy for your skin, meaning that it revives your skin. Then, I kind of just dry myself off and put on comfortable clothes. After that, I just lay on my bed in the silence of everything, taking deep and slow breathes, and let my mind wander around my happy thoughts until I just feel completely "filled" by the silence.

19. asereht1970

asereht1970 Member

To relieve my stress, I listen to music from the eighties at the same time munch on some finger foods or chips. I also sometimes read a book or watch a romantic-comedy movie to get my mind off from what is giving me stress.

20. alextheman

alextheman New Member

I like to take a nice long shower. After that I like to lay down and read a book and just clear your mind of whatever's stressing me out.

21. cara09

cara09 New Member

Tears are for the soul like what a water does to the body. Most of the time, you just have to let it out. I spend a good deal of crying when I get really, really tired. After which, you'll feel that the world on your shoulders become significantly lighter. It's not an act of helplessness but rather an acceptance that you're only human and have limits. But the same reason of being human makes you resilient of all creatures. So you have to move on.

22. Tomislav Mikic

Tomislav Mikic New Member

Do what you like to do. For example, I like to just listen music and surf on internet.

Try something like running or cycling or something that will help you with your strenght. Stronger you are, harder it is to break you!

23. shionxandz

shionxandz New Member

According to some article stress is needed during crucial time cause it activate your fight and flight response but stress that accumulate over a long period of time can be deadly for it affect multiple organs in the body so for me I usually take a long warm bath whenever I'm stress out. I also go to a massage therapist if I have extra cash to spend. It relaxed tense muscles and improve blood circulation. I also talked it out with my partner, my sister or my close friends but right now my most effective way to de-stress myself is playing with my son or whenever he shower me kisses.

24. Lexiloup

Lexiloup New Member

Yoga!!! Yoga is an awesome stress reliever. Not only are you stretching out yor muscles and your body. You're extending your mind. It helps you to focus on yourself and let go of the day stressors through meditation and freeing your mind. Yoga is something that anyone can do no matter how young or old or what gender. There are also many different kinds.

25. Meagn Willis

Meagn Willis New Member

The best way for me to relieve stress is to put my head phones in with some of my favorite songs on and go outside at night and lay under the stars. It is the best "zen" for me and I love those moments! Other ways that I love to release some stress is to plan a mother/daughter shopping day with my mom or plan a small vacation/go camping for a few days!

26. Tanya

Tanya New Member

I find that working out is a great stress reliever. There is nothing like the feeling I get when endorphins are released. It makes me feel ready to take on the world.

27. Sabrina Cerilla

Sabrina Cerilla New Member

One way to relieve my stress is by not using my cellphone on that certain time. I have been doing this since before and I know it is really effective. We pause our communications from the people far from us and it is a great feeling and relaxation when you felt like you don't have to think about others that are far from you.

28. Jobenby

Jobenby New Member

Run away from work.Go to a place like beach or forest.Take a cup of coffee and release your stress.

29. inspireme

inspireme New Member

First I have to figure out what is causing the stress and eliminate it. I know I'm stressed out when my right eye starts twitching. Not fun. Once I know what the problem is, I have to fix my attitude and focus on thinking positively through the day regarding things that tend to build up stress. You know? Real 'Stepford Wives' kind of stuff. Zumba really helps. Then there's the good old hot bubble bath and a book. That always does it.

30. ambers01

ambers01 New Member

It all depends on the reason why I'm stressed. If I'm angry, I kick box. If I'm sad, I listen to sad music and cry. Meditation is always good, but I have a raging Irish temper that meditation will not calm.